The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Brock Manson

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only clocked up about 3-4 hours so far, first impressions are is it's vastly superior to Oblivion (which i never much cared for), and probably better than Morrowind (which i played far more than it was healthy too). Best Elder Scrolls game so far? Could be :bunny:

Only clocked up about 3-4 hours so far, first impressions are is it's vastly superior to Oblivion (which i never much cared for), and probably better than Morrowind (which i played far more than it was healthy too). Best Elder Scrolls game so far? Could be :bunny:

I never cared for Oblivion, so on the strength of this I've taken the plunge. Got it for £33 online.

http://www.dealspwn.com/skyrim-3329-voucher-code-sainsburys-entertainment-ps3-xbox-360-83338?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Dealspwn+(Dealspwn)

Edited by trophyshy

Sort of, you just pick your race now, no class choice. You just level up with whatever skills you want to. There's various Standing Stones you can activate that give you bonuses like the Birthsigns used to, 3 of these give you a buff to raising your magic, thief or warrior skills. No stats this time either, just health, stamina and magicka. It's fairly streamlined\dumbed down, but it works just fine.

what sonatine said

there are falloutish perk trees in the form of constellations too which can be unlocked when you level up and have a high enough skill in whatever youre unlocking

so if you're like me a magic/blade using smith then those skills will go up as you use them and then you can pick perks so you can smith higher level equipment by unlocking smithing perks or do more spells for less mana by using those ones

its a good system, nice and free

ah okies so rather than picking a class and then having trees for that class, you pick trees instead and pending on how heavily you invest in each you'll end up being a class/multiskilled type anyway

Ditto

ah okies so rather than picking a class and then having trees for that class, you pick trees instead and pending on how heavily you invest in each you'll end up being a class/multiskilled type anyway

yeh basically, theres also some stuff about lower skills training quicker at higher levels and something I cant remember so if you decide to switch discipline you can get up to speed

found a house with a secret bookcase, kileld everyone robbed a treasure room, i was level 2 piece of piss.

Its good, but i find myself wishing the fighting/control was more like dragon age, it's awfully "clunky" imo,

go find a frost troll/giant/dragon priest

I didn't particularly like Oblivion and found the first person view annoying and the fighting not brilliant. I have heard great things about this game and have the money to buy myself a new XBOX game. Is it worth it?