Static Caravans

Guest Geordio Armani

Staying in one at the minute... how any cunt can enjoy a stay in these is beyond me, fucking bunch of nosey cunts to boot.

Last time I stayed in one I was about 5 years of age. Me fatha was working on Torness Power Station near Dunbar, and I still remember we'd go up for a week at a time to this place called "Coldingham", and it was aptly named, such a depressing freezing cold place and I can honestly remember it vividly from when I was 5.

Was that at Birtley? ^_^

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's my idea of holiday hell ^_^ We have a few of those sites down here. We walk past one regularly on one of the South-West coast path walks. Set near the beach in beautiful surroundings I suppose, but row upon row of 'boxes' all on top of each other full of noisy kids is not my idea of a relaxing holiday at all. Dawlish Warren (a natural beauty spot) is now completely ruined by holiday parks. Full of chavs! Amusement arcades, cheap shops and garish signs everywhere.

I blame the daily newspapers doing those cheap £10 breaks :)

Aye, one of the problems with them is they pack absolutely loads of them into the smallest area possible.

It's my idea of holiday hell ^_^ We have a few of those sites down here. We walk past one regularly on one of the South-West coast path walks. Set near the beach in beautiful surroundings I suppose, but row upon row of 'boxes' all on top of each other full of noisy kids is not my idea of a relaxing holiday at all. Dawlish Warren (a natural beauty spot) is now completely ruined by holiday parks. Full of chavs! Amusement arcades, cheap shops and garish signs everywhere.

I blame the daily newspapers doing those cheap £10 breaks :)

Aye, one of the problems with them is they pack absolutely loads of them into the smallest area possible.

Blimin' grockles ;) Roll on the Autumn and Winter!

Staying in one at the minute... how any cunt can enjoy a stay in these is beyond me, fucking bunch of nosey cunts to boot.

Last time I stayed in one I was about 5 years of age. Me fatha was working on Torness Power Station near Dunbar, and I still remember we'd go up for a week at a time to this place called "Coldingham", and it was aptly named, such a depressing freezing cold place and I can honestly remember it vividly from when I was 5.

A bit random, but you go past Torness on the train to Edinburgh. What I am curious about is why does a functional nuclear power staion have no obvious powercables coming out of it? I always understood it was prohibitively expensive to bury them so what's going on there?

1777307_c905d9f9.jpg

A bit random, but you go past Torness on the train to Edinburgh. What I am curious about is why does a functional nuclear power staion have no obvious powercables coming out of it? I always understood it was prohibitively expensive to bury them so what's going on there?

1777307_c905d9f9.jpg

Weirdly, I went past that on the train to Edinburgh about two weeks ago and even asked what it was! I had no idea! It looks nothing like a power station.

I have no idea about that but.... 'On 30 June 2011 both reactors were shut down due to blockage of sea water intakes by a large mass of jellyfish. The shutdown was required to comply with established safety regulations'

• 1 month later...
I've only gone and bought one today, static at Amble.

Kill me now.

Class that like. I'd love to own one up that neck of the woods.

Without sounding too stuck up, what I liked about that particular park is that its owners only. They dont allow you to let it out.

Fucking hell, there's so much wrong with them two lines :lol:

But aye, from there we're only minutes away from Seahouses (canny for trips around farne islands), holy island. cragside and so on.

Id love one tbh, imagine going for a trip across europe? No planning hotels, plane tickets, fucking airports etc... just get in the car and drive. Bring a map of europe and a brick of a travellers guide, a few mates some beer... would be sick.

Be a bit difficult in a static one like :lol:

Where's yours JawD, is it that Amble Links site? Looks canny nice tbh.

Id love one tbh, imagine going for a trip across europe? No planning hotels, plane tickets, fucking airports etc... just get in the car and drive. Bring a map of europe and a brick of a travellers guide, a few mates some beer... would be sick.

It's more fun in a longboat.

Aye Amble Links. Ive agreed a plot facing the beach (well, you can see the dunes but not the sea, unless theres a Tsunami) and Im planning on putting some decking facing the beach etc.

Aye Amble Links. Ive agreed a plot facing the beach (well, you can see the dunes but not the sea, unless theres a Tsunami) and Im planning on putting some decking facing the beach etc.

Nice spot like, I love the Northmberland coastline. Handy for plenty other places too, like you say. I assume the Sonia thing is an Alan Partridge reference btw.

Fair enough if you don't want to say like but what sort of prices are we talking about here?

Nice spot like, I love the Northmberland coastline. Handy for plenty other places too, like you say. I assume the Sonia thing is an Alan Partridge reference btw.

Fair enough if you don't want to say like but what sort of prices are we talking about here?

:D Just got the connection

Ah nee bother. Ground rent is £2800 inc insurance per year but they do a deal with first year free so nowt to pay till end of next year. The Caravan we went for a mid-starter one. So Im paying £300 per month to buy a 2 bedroom from new. You can get three bed used for similar prices as well. I think the cheapest was around £240 per month to buy and the prices go from that to fucking mental. They reckon they dont depreciate too badly so in 6-10 years you can trade them in and still get something back if you want to upgrade. Not sure we will though as I imagine by then when the kids are older we'll be wanting to go abroad again.

Fuck me, there's no chance I'd pay that sort of money, had enough of the place when I was a kid. Amble is a fucking shithole full of inbred tramps.

You're from walker or so right? :lol:

Not much at Amble, but some cracking places around it.