Columbus Crew 0-3 Newcastle united

nortoon

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When you look at it HBA's career is already vastly superior to Robert's just not for us!

Yet...

When you look at his record and the glimpses we've seen in our shirt...i personally think that IF he can toughin up and stay fit, he could be our best signing...EVER.

Bold statement i know but i just think he is a quality mix of Robert/Great strike and Ginola/Running with the ball and has that bit of magic that we havent had in a toon side since either of them.

In the hole behind a big man and i think not only will he create goals but will get 10+ a season.

When you look at it HBA's career is already vastly superior to Robert's just not for us!

Yet...

When you look at his record and the glimpses we've seen in our shirt...i personally think that IF he can toughin up and stay fit, he could be our best signing...EVER.

I'd agree with you, if he was on a pay as you play contract.

Totally agree, it's just, you know, with the injury and that i'm promising myself to not get my hopes up.

but the one against Southampton was something else

Was that the low drive in the 3-1? Awesome.

Yeah 01/02. Shearer and... I want to say Speed?

Chez, You've had a real bee in your bonnet with my replies. I wasn't saying you were wrong, I was saying that I'd agree when I see how good they are at deadballs, but in every other regard I'd say you were right, certainly in Tiote we've a better platform from which to launch an attack.

Like I say, you seem quick to take whatever I type as an attack and I'm not sure why.

It was the two against Spurs I will always remember. Both put in to goal of the season competition as well. On the day he said he wasn't feeling well too!

Still remember Shearer got the Man of The AMtch at the ground for that game, despite Robert scoring two absolute Hollywood goals and delivering the corners for the other two. He played well throughout the game and it was that game thatI finally realised the people picking the Man of the Match just want to meet their favourite player.

oh, by the way, if Gemmill reads this, he'll be seething. He fucking hated Robert's apparent apathy

Chez, You've had a real bee in your bonnet with my replies. I wasn't saying you were wrong, I was saying that I'd agree when I see how good they are at deadballs, but in every other regard I'd say you were right, certainly in Tiote we've a better platform from which to launch an attack.

Like I say, you seem quick to take whatever I type as an attack and I'm not sure why.

2 posts and the other one was about cock size :rip: I'll stop being snippy when you read one of my posts properly.

2 posts and the other one was about cock size :rip: I'll stop being snippy when you read one of my posts properly.

to be fair Chez, it's been more than 2 posts. and since when do you care whether I read your posts or not? ;) If you didn't have a preconceived idea of where I was going it'd be safe to assume that I meant that at the minute I'm undecided, but if I see quality from deadballs I would agree. So perhaps, you should read my posts more objectively?

either way, I liked the highlights of Gosling (and the subsequent praise from a few bods on twitter who watched the game in full), Marveaux and Abeid have been getting a lot of considered praise. We all know how good Tiote and Barton can be, so all in all I'm happy with the midfield. Still think up front is weak though and strikers tend tp be on the more expensive side of things. I'd also say they were more likely to fall foul of confidence issues if they don't hit the ground running. Can't think of many who've joined amid expectation, failed initially to meet those expectations and then be successful. Whereas We've seen ourselves that's not true for defenders, and some midfielders.