left back

Dr Gloom

who the fuck is going to play left back next season after enrique walks on the last day of the tranfer window? i can't see us replacing him before he goes and unless i've missed something, i can't see that we been linked with anyone of note in that position.

this is a big worry for me. we can carry one slightly dodgy full back but not sure i'd want another simspon type player at left back too. good lefties don't grow on trees.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well we have a few players who can play at LB though none are good enough to be Joses boot carrier tbh

Kadar

Ferguson

Dummet

I think thats it so one often injured CB who can play there, one midget who is more of a winger and one guy who I have aboslutely no idea about

well we have a few players who can play at LB though none are good enough to be Joses boot carrier tbh

Kadar

Ferguson

Dummet

I think thats it so one often injured CB who can play there, one midget who is more of a winger and one guy who I have aboslutely no idea about

the prospect of any of that three being our first choice left back next season is way too depressing to contemplate.

i noticed we played jonas there in one of the game sin the states. not sure he'd inspire too much confidence playing left back int he premier league.

Kadar

Ferguson

Dummet

the prospect of any of that three being our first choice left back next season is way too depressing to contemplate.

i noticed we played jonas there in one of the game sin the states. not sure he'd inspire too much confidence playing left back int he premier league.

thing about jonas is he defends well for a winger, puts the shift in to support hte fullback but hes nowhere near good enough defensively to play there outright.

who the fuck is going to play left back next season after enrique walks on the last day of the tranfer window? i can't see us replacing him before he goes and unless i've missed something, i can't see that we been linked with anyone of note in that position.

this is a big worry for me. we can carry one slightly dodgy full back but not sure i'd want another simspon type player at left back too. good lefties don't grow on trees.

stop your moaning man, you have what you wanted.

yeh GLOOM! everyone knows there are only two ways to run a club, that way or this way

look at every other club and youll see theyre one or the other!

Given Enrique plainly wants to be off, it would be insane not to get another LB in*. If it was someone who could also get by at RB that'd be even better.

Edit: *and get them in now, not waiting till 2 days to go in the transfer window

Edited by Kitman

i have no idea what leazesmag has just said but i'd put my mortgage on it being totally gay (no offence meenzer)

I said you should stop your moaning because you have what you wanted.

Anyway, all you have to do is click on "reply" and you can see what I've posted, and I bet you do.

Why not just admit you were spouting shite all those years ago when you disagreed with me, instead of being an arsehole like the admin on Newcastle Online and pretending that you weren't ?

Just a thought like.

Let it go man Leazes, what are you hoping to achieve?

I'm not really sure. I think its pretty pathetic of Gloomy to be so hypocritical. What a shame he ruins threads with his posts. If only he had agreed with me 4 years ago instead of giving me so much flak for being right, because he is now posting everything I said 4 years ago.

Maybe he could bring himself to admit it ?

I'm not really sure. I think its pretty pathetic of Gloomy to be so hypocritical. What a shame he ruins threads with his posts. If only he had agreed with me 4 years ago instead of giving me so much flak for being right, because he is now posting everything I said 4 years ago.

He's obviously got you on Ignore, so you're wasting your time

That hypocrisy, real or imagined, may be pathetic but what certainly is pathetic is to go on and on about it endlessly like a child. Let it go man. It does you no favours whatsoever.

Edited by trophyshy

i have no idea what leazesmag has just said but i'd put my mortgage on it being totally gay (no offence meenzer)

Reported.

Sure i read more than one manager complain about the old board not willing to spend decent money on a full back. I know Keegan didn't really want Hottiger.

We've been linked and allegedly had a few bids for M'Bengue. link

Sure i read more than one manager complain about the old board not willing to spend decent money on a full back. I know Keegan didn't really want Hottiger.

Hottiger seemed like a KK-type of player to me. Can you back that up?

In any case I'd say using the Keegan reign as an example of that is pretty daft given he was given the funds to break the then world record for a defender on Barton and tried (and failed) to break that world record in signing another player at the same time as Shearer (Maldini). You talk some unadulterated shite at times like Phyllis.

Hottiger seemed like a KK-type of player to me. Can you back that up?

Not without a bit of Googling, but i definitely heard Keegan say he wasn't his first or second choice. He only stayed for a season.

That hypocrisy, real or imagined, may be pathetic but what certainly is pathetic is to go on and on about it endlessly like a child. Let it go man. It does you no favours whatsoever.

for fuck's sake. this is precisely why i have the tit on ignore. i couldn't cope with him endlessly making stuff up in order to try to convince himself and everyone else that disagrees with him that he's right.

what kind of sad old man take so much pleasure in trying to convince himself and people he's never met on the interweb that he's right? i suspect he doesn't have a happy home life. shame he hasn't figured out that no one gives a shit.

one thing is clear though; me pleasure using this forum has improved tenfold since i blocked him. shame his tired old crap still clogs up a lot of threads and i still have to read drivel like the above when people quote him.

for fuck's sake. this is precisely why i have the tit on ignore. i couldn't cope with him endlessly making stuff up in order to try to convince himself and everyone else that disagrees with him that he's right.

what kind of sad old man take so much pleasure in trying to convince himself and people he's never met on the interweb that he's right? i suspect he doesn't have a happy home life. shame he hasn't figured out that no one gives a shit.

one thing is clear though; me pleasure using this forum has improved tenfold since i blocked him. shame his tired old crap still clogs up a lot of threads and i still have to read drivel like the above when people quote him.

what sort of pathetic arsehole can't admit when they get something wrong, and bans someone because they ask them why ?

That's what the mods etc do on Newcastle Online, its what you are doing. I can and will let this go, but you're pathetic doing what you are doing. Getting something wrong isn't important man, but giving me flak for "ruining threads" when all I'm doing is saying what I've always said - which you agree with now - get a life man, grow up, its not the end of the world to make a bad call.

If Gloomy stops saying I ruin threads, for the reason above, I'm quite happy not to respond to him, especially when quite a number of other people think I don't ruin threads but are realising what I have said has been the truth all along now.