Internet connections...

Deano

Ok so i've moved in with my girlriend and she has got this shitty 3G wireless pointer with a stupidily low usage for the home. Billed through her contract phone. Stupid i know but she's bound to a 24month contract...24 FUCKIN MONTHS.

Anyway...i can only watch so many videos online then it just stops working completely.

We are lookin into just paying the price of her stupidy :mellow: and paying the tenna a month for the term of the contract and getting a proper internet connection instead. I cant bare using this shit for much longer.

Who's everyone elses internet with? Sky? Virgin? Which is best...broadband or fibreoptic?

Its gonna drive me mental not being able to watch moving pictures on match days and catching some iplayer action.

Whats your advice? Any ways round it on 3GS?

Thanks people :dunno:

That's class, but hasn't Durham got upgraded lines that most places don't have?

I've had bt and o2 and have no complaints with either. Switch to sky this week so I'm not sure what that'll be like.

I've had bt and o2 and have no complaints with either. Switch to sky this week so I'm not sure what that'll be like.

Aye, think they upgraded the lines a while back, needed doing like cos they were shot to bits.

Deano, cost me a £25 installation charge and its £18 a month.

Aye, think they upgraded the lines a while back, needed doing like cos they were shot to bits.

Had a look on the BT website and the infinity is £28 + line rental.....is that not a bit steep?

Cant find the offer your on line...link?

Cheers fella

Had a look on the BT website and the infinity is £28 + line rental.....is that not a bit steep?

Cant find the offer your on line...link?

Cheers fella

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/cons...o?topicId=25633

3 months free too atm.

Just upgraded my broadband to BT Infinity, can't complain so far.

1404892791.png

suck on THISSSSSSSS :rip:

1404934342.png

Virgin wasn't my first choice, but were by far the fastest to get in. Agree with Laz about BeThere or Aquiss if you can get FTTC as being the top rated options

Edited by to dumb

1404892791.png

1404934342.png

Virgin wasn't my first choice, but were by far the fastest to get in. Agree with Laz about BeThere or Aquiss if you can get FTTC as being the top rated options

how long can you actually use that speed for until your throttled?

1404892791.png

1404934342.png

only had it a few weeks but there's defo plenty of throttling and shaping going on. only thing I've really noticed so far is that I can't stream iplayer hd during peak hours, which I should be able to. I would imagine it would fuck with torrents pretty badly, but have yet to test it as I just stream things these days.

Aquiss would have been a better option for that reason, but I just couldn't want what would have amounted to over a month to make it happen.

Just spend half an hour on the phone to BT and have ordered the same as you Sonatine, went for the TV box for £4 extra too. ESPN is FREE! Skysports optional £17.50pm on a monthly rolling contract so i get get that if the toon are on.

Installed on the 18th so im pretty happy.

Cheers mate! :rip:

There's no proper throttling on 50Mb - there used to be serious fucking about on 20Mb but it stopped at the upgrade which was about 2 years ago for me.

Just checked the Virgin website for 100mb progress and it says available now - they haven't upgraded me automatically for the first time since I got them in - the bastards.

Off to investigate.

I think that option was a fiver more than the top package when I looked, which might be why they didn't do it automatically

I think that option was a fiver more than the top package when I looked, which might be why they didn't do it automatically

Aye turns out its a fiver more.

Had to book a free "installation" which will seemingly involve someone accessing the modem and applying a code change - "just give me the instructions and I'll do it" is a phrase not recognised by Indians apparently.

• 2 weeks later...

Aye turns out its a fiver more.

Had to book a free "installation" which will seemingly involve someone accessing the modem and applying a code change - "just give me the instructions and I'll do it" is a phrase not recognised by Indians apparently.

Turns out it was a new modem/router combo but surprise, surprise the bloke was just a glorified courier.

Him: Connects it up and types a web address which obviously fails

Me: "That won't work - you need to change the IP address of the router to the setting I use to enable the forwarding from my DNS server"

Him: "Huh?"

Me: "I have a network"

Him: "We don't support that, I can connect to the wireless via my phone so it's working so that's me done"

Me: "Why couldn't you just send the bloody thing to me as you've done absolutely nothing useful"

Him: "company policy"

Me:"Aye well thanks and goodbye".

Cunts.