sunderland Air Show

LeazesMag

Went 2 years ago. The fly pasts are impressive, but the seafront is awash with mackems getting territorial over "their" bit of path. The fuckers had picnic chairs and blankets spread aal ower ffs.

Biggest free air show in Europe......whats not to like.

Best route in is head as though you are going to the dogtrack but in East Boldon (gods village) turn left towards cleadon, cross over the railway lines and turn first right into moor lane. Follow this road for a mile and then at the T Junction turn right, then second left.

Follow this road til the mini roundabout and trun left onto dykelands road. Drive for quarter of a mile then at roadblock turn left into pub car park and pay £5. You are now 200 yards off the prime position to watch the airshow.

Unload the various deckchairs etc from your car, cross the road and seek out prime position on the sand, against the wall. Set out windbreaks either side, hire the two pound tent for toilet emergencies, changing or whatever and enjoy.

is this what y meant when y said you were away camping again this weekend like CT747 ?!

:rip:

Absolutely gutted and totally forgot the dates clashed. If it wasnt for the fact we are going with others I would be here like a shot.

Worth it just to see the Vulcan fly close up.

vulcan1.jpg

if its a clear day get to see some of the planes from over the water here, albeit from distance . only been once i think . was probably 7 or so and my only memory is of it being a roasting day and was stuck for ages in jams on way home back to TheBestSide .

was in my grandad's Allegro and those horrible vinyl seats. was in days of 'everyone' smoking too. conceivably took a couple of years off my life expectancy that return journey like.

Biggest free air show in Europe......whats not to like.

Best route in is head as though you are going to the dogtrack but in East Boldon (gods village) turn left towards cleadon, cross over the railway lines and turn first right into moor lane. Follow this road for a mile and then at the T Junction turn right, then second left.

Follow this road til the mini roundabout and trun left onto dykelands road. Drive for quarter of a mile then at roadblock turn left into pub car park and pay £5. You are now 200 yards off the prime position to watch the airshow.

Unload the various deckchairs etc from your car, cross the road and seek out prime position on the sand, against the wall. Set out windbreaks either side, hire the two pound tent for toilet emergencies, changing or whatever and enjoy.

won't be driving in case the car is bust into by the local cretins, but its easy to see where your heart is :rip:

does anybody go ?

What's it like ?

save your money and use it to go to Fairford or Duxford next year.

Mind you could do Duxford this year its the 3rd and 4th September.

• 11 months later...

I went yesterday, I thought it would be shite, so pleased I went though. The negative first of all, mackems. Honestly I felt so good looking there, what a fucking bunch of tramps with their 2003 REG VARDY Sunderland shirts on, the lasses were generally humming as well. Nee wonder we're considered arrogant. The good bits though, I have to be honest, the coast from South Shields to Seaburn is MUCH better than wor coast. Tynemouth is far from lively, and Whitley Bay is a dump full of doilums these days. South Shields was full of life, Whitburn very, very nice, and Seaburn/Roker where the show was on, I've never seen as many people at Whitley Bay in my life. Like ever. The actual area is very nice too, but they're still fucking mackems, and the average mackem there looked like they were from over the bridge, inbred tramps. I'd say one in every 5 kids aged 16 to 25 had a tattoo on their neck.

The actual show though, fucking brilliant. These two light air craft were amazing flying towards each for a full collision only to miss each other by 3 feet. Then they were drawing heart signs in the sky with their exhausts. This other plane, fuck knows what it was called, it was like the yank stealth bomber in shape, like a triangle, what a piece of kit, it was just hovering in the sky, and it was the loudest thing I've ever heard, so loud you could feel it vibrating through your body. Aye very nice day though, apart from the mackems like I say, to be fair there was just as many toon shirts, but they didn't look like proper Newcastle fans to me.

I'd recommend anyone to see this next year it was excellent.

It is a nice bit of coast and Whitburn is very nice. I couldn't go to this cos I just couldn't be doing with all the people.

South Shields in general is very rundown but the coast bit is nice.

It is a nice bit of coast and Whitburn is very nice. I couldn't go to this cos I just couldn't be doing with all the people.

South Shields in general is very rundown but the coast bit is nice.

There was some music festival on at South Shields, there was thousands there. The coast bit is lovely once you get away from that ropey Ocean Lane, with all the pizza, indian take away and chinkies though.

Lovely walk from Seaburn back to Tynemouth via the ferry. But Tynemouth isn't lively, wtf? It shits on anything south of the Tyne. Also, go to Whitley Bay on a summer bank holiday. It won't be pleasant, but it will be busy.

twas the Euro Fighter Stevie and your right, a fantastic weekend display and we are very lucky to have it on our doorstep.

Did you go? That plane was on about 4pm it was amazing, even if you're not in to that type of thing, it was just unbelievably fantastic to watch it just hovering there, then it shot up in to the sky like a space shuttle, can only be half a mile off the beach which makes it even better. Was brilliant and we didn't even have a drink. Canny view from there mind, you can see all the way down to Redcar.

Lovely walk from Seaburn back to Tynemouth via the ferry. But Tynemouth isn't lively, wtf? It shits on anything south of the Tyne. Also, go to Whitley Bay on a summer bank holiday. It won't be pleasant, but it will be busy.

Tynemouth isn't lively I've been loads, full of stuck up people it's no more lively than say Hexham. It's nice enough to look at but that's it, from what I saw of Whitburn and Cleadon, they're nicer. That's my view. I've never ever seen as many people on the beach at Tynemouth or Whitley Bay as there was yesterday, not even half. Whitley Bay bank holidays are horrific, and they're even worse than they were 15 years ago when they were a scruff/slags day out at the coast on the piss.