sunderland Air Show

LeazesMag

It was the air show yesterday man. Of course it was lively. Tynemouth was packed last weekend with the Mouth of the Tyne Festival. Front street Tynemouth has 12 pubs and bars and about 8 cafes and restaurants which are booming. There's the castle and priory, and fish quay nearby (also undergoing a revival). King Edwards bay has to be one of the best urban beaches in the UK. I do like the Marsden area for its natural beauty but Tynemouth has it all imo, and is only 20 minutes from town by metro.

There was some music festival on at South Shields, there was thousands there. The coast bit is lovely once you get away from that ropey Ocean Lane, with all the pizza, indian take away and chinkies though.

Rather than go forward through the market, King street and Ocean Road off the fery you should turn left. Go over the bridge wih a lush view of the mouth of the Tyne and up thecoast, past the satue of Dolly Peel, down to the yachting club and little haven, past the Groyne and the pier. A much nicer (though longer) route to Marine Park.

As I was popping back home the other day I saw what I think was a Catalina seaplane fly pretty low over the Wallsend Golf Course and there wasn't a Mackem in sight. Beat that CT! ;)

As I was popping back home the other day I saw what I think was a Catalina seaplane fly pretty low over the Wallsend Golf Course and there wasn't a Mackem in sight. Beat that CT! ;)

Where do the planes fly in from, Newcastle Airport, or some local mackem runway?

Love the avatar, is that off "Going Up"?

Where do the planes fly in from, Newcastle Airport, or some local mackem runway?

Love the avatar, is that off "Going Up"?

Think it's off Football Focus interviewing him leading up to his last ever game v Brighton, mate.

I've no idea where the planes fly from, I suppose they could fly from anywhere from a UK base if they're just flying past a few times?