Craig Bellamy

loonyTOON

bellamy would transform our team, just as he did back in the early noughties. he's still a class act. even if he only played 30 games a season, he'd be worth a shout. problem as ever with our lot would be the wages

Only managed 11 goals in 35 Championship matches. Too many people here still attached to his past ability. Lovenkrands scored 16 in 32.

Bellamy has publicly stated that he would never cone back to Newcastle.

When? He also stated that he could never play against Newcastle cos it would break his heart to score against us in 2005.

bellamy would transform our team, just as he did back in the early noughties. he's still a class act. even if he only played 30 games a season, he'd be worth a shout. problem as ever with our lot would be the wages

Only managed 11 goals in 35 Championship matches. Too many people here still attached to his past ability. Lovenkrands scored 16 in 32.

bellamy's game was never just about the goals though was it? it was his pace, his ability to stretch defences and his selfless running of the channels.

you've got to be fucking kidding if you'd rather have lovenkrands. bellas was man city's player of the season the year before last.

you've got to be fucking kidding if you'd rather have lovenkrands. bellas was man city's player of the season the year before last.

I knew someone would try to put words in my mouth. I never said that, just quoted numbers. No chance of this happening so it's silly to talk about it.

bellamy's game was never just about the goals though was it? it was his pace, his ability to stretch defences and his selfless running of the channels.

Unfortunately with Carroll and Nolan gone we need someone who is!

I don't think Bellamy was owt special last season like. Saw the odd game and wasn't particularly impressed, especially since I knew how ordinary the standard is in the Championship. I'd still have him here but agree with those saying there's little or no chance of it happening.

I knew someone would try to put words in my mouth. I never said that, just quoted numbers. No chance of this happening so it's silly to talk about it.

you made the comparison mate. you seemed to imply lovenkrands could be compared with bellamy because he scored more goals than him in the championship.

i agree fwiw that there's no chance of him signing but i'd love it if we did get him. despite the fact he's injury prone, getting on and has never been a prolific goal scorer, he's still better than any of our current forwards and his pace and energy would transform our style of play.

Bellamy was a lot closer to world class than Owen, I said the same before we signed Owen too.

Owen was a world class finisher at his peak but a world class player doesn't only contibute one thing to a team and Bellamy contributed a hell of a lot.

Laughable.

Bellamy was a lot closer to world class than Owen, I said the same before we signed Owen too.

Owen was a world class finisher at his peak but a world class player doesn't only contibute one thing to a team and Bellamy contributed a hell of a lot.

Totally disagree. In their respective primes they were both different players, but Owen was without a doubt world class.

you made the comparison mate. you seemed to imply lovenkrands could be compared with bellamy because he scored more goals than him in the championship.

i agree fwiw that there's no chance of him signing but i'd love it if we did get him. despite the fact he's injury prone, getting on and has never been a prolific goal scorer, he's still better than any of our current forwards and his pace and energy would transform our style of play.

Not at all, was more saying how poor the standard in the championship is.

bellamy might tranform our team sure hes a great player and can score goals but hes also a bad lad to i dont think hes worth a sniff at now because he will be greedy in wages i mean 90k is alot

Totally disagree. In their respective primes they were both different players, but Owen was without a doubt world class.

Got to disagree, for example Henry was world class, not just because he scored more consistently but because he also played a massive part in Arsenal's game in other parts. Owen was a fantastic finisher and very early on in his career his pace was fantastic but world class? Never, ever.

Got to disagree, for example Henry was world class, not just because he scored more consistently but because he also played a massive part in Arsenal's game in other parts. Owen was a fantastic finisher and very early on in his career his pace was fantastic but world class? Never, ever.

Totally agree. Owen was a poor mans Gary Lineker who benefitted greatly from exceptionally good players around him when he was young like Scholes, Beckham, and Gerrard. He is without doubt the least gifted player to have ever won the European Footballer of The Year Award. Everything I said about his career 10-12 years ago has come true, he'll be finished when his pace goes, and I consistently said he's not and never will be as good a team player as Craig Bellamy.

So Romário was never world class? Van Nistelrooy?

Totally agree. Owen was a poor mans Gary Lineker who benefitted greatly from exceptionally good players around him when he was young like Scholes, Beckham, and Gerrard. He is without doubt the least gifted player to have ever won the European Footballer of The Year Award. Everything I said about his career 10-12 years ago has come true, he'll be finished when his pace goes, and I consistently said he's not and never will be as good a team player as Craig Bellamy.

I don't ever recall anybody saying he was though.

Wherever he's played Bellamy has been a complete tool. Maybe that's exaggeration, but I've certainly heard it from Norwich, Coventry, West Ham and Cardiff supporters. I had no time for him at Newcastle. In the same mould as Dyer really. Looked fast and flashy, did some memorable things, but ultimately didn't make a great contribution and was a pain in the arse. I'm no fan of Michael Owen, but to be suggesting (as some seem to be) that Bellamy has been a better player is breathtaking nonsense...

Owen was fucking awesome between 98 and 01 ish. That goal against Argentina was hardly a team effort and the FA cup final against Arsenal spring to mind.

Was European player of the year in '01. Bellamy's never come close to hitting those heights (and I've got loads of time for CB as a player).