How much input does Ashley actually have?

Monroe Transfer

Obviously he appointed Llambias in the first place so it's Ashley's fault regardless, but I'm wondering if the real problem we have is Llambias.

All these accusations seem to point towards him. All these backwards policies seem to point towards him.

Living in a dream world here but perhaps if he left, things wouldn't be so bad.

Dekka is probably the kind of slimy two faced bastard that tells everyone what they want to hear. Then when reality hits and Ashley makes the final call people feel wronged because they've been lead to believe otherwise.

Dekka is probably the kind of slimy two faced bastard that tells everyone what they want to hear. Then when reality hits and Ashley makes the final call people feel wronged because they've been lead to believe otherwise.

Proven with him dishonouring his word in Nolan's contract talks. I believe Nolan too. The nearer we get to the start of the season the less am looking forward to it, the players are all fucked off by the sounds of it, morale must be wank regardless what noises are coming out of the club.

Me uncle was talking to Beardsley in Morrisons of aal places yesterday and he said Peter said what a remarkable job Ashley had done in turning round the clubs finances?!?!?!?!?! He also said there'll be nee money to spend this summer, but reckons they'll have a go in the winter and next year. Disgusting how a hero of mine has let himself be bought off like this cos they gave him a job.

Proven with him dishonouring his word in Nolan's contract talks. I believe Nolan too. The nearer we get to the start of the season the less am looking forward to it, the players are all fucked off by the sounds of it, morale must be wank regardless what noises are coming out of the club.

Me uncle was talking to Beardsley in Morrisons of aal places yesterday and he said Peter said what a remarkable job Ashley had done in turning round the clubs finances?!?!?!?!?! He also said there'll be nee money to spend this summer, but reckons they'll have a go in the winter and next year. Disgusting how a hero of mine has let himself be bought off like this cos they gave him a job.

I'd like to think he's doing it double agent-stylee but I doubt it somehow. I wonder what KK thinks about it. I can guess like.

Edited by alex

“I saw an interview with Alan Pardew where he said he hoped to get some of the £35million and I thought ‘Alan, you ain’t going to get any of that’,”

It's almost as if they've lied to the manager before.

Obviously he appointed Llambias in the first place so it's Ashley's fault regardless, but I'm wondering if the real problem we have is Llambias.

All these accusations seem to point towards him. All these backwards policies seem to point towards him.

Living in a dream world here but perhaps if he left, things wouldn't be so bad.

In the old days, the general populace put up with arsehole monarchs and when they fucked up, they said it must be their ministers' fault. Until eventually they realised whose fault it really was and cut the fucker's head off.

I don't know where I'm going with this :razz:

How much input does Ashley actually have?

If ANYTHING happened at the club that Ashley didn't like, it would be dealt with.

Allardyce, Keegan, Hughton, Carroll, Kinnear, Shearer, Nolan, Barton, Enrique.....

All his decisions.

And depite all of the fans (well, most of us) - and players now it seems - feeling cheated, betrayed, cuckolded - call it as you like, Ashley will feel that he's getting the club just how he wants it. He has the perfect number two for his purposes in Del-boy (lying, manipulating yes-man), and the right sort of manager (plausible, spineless yes-man). Costs are coming down, he's probably been able to launder a bit of cash into his private accounts from transfers, and things generally are looking up. The challenge is to keep the club up of course - for the stated "top 10 finish" required, read "mid-table safety". Pressure then on Del-boy and the puppet, but there are always risks in business, I suppose...

how does that match up with the series of lies and cockups that have led us to where we are now?

I just don't think we were paying too much attention to it in the first 12 months....or we had no reason to doubt their honesty. They were telling lies about due dilligence ("we did it"/"we didn't"), Keegan having control/Wise working under Keegan, investments in the squad of £10m - £20m a season.

Mort himself said Allardyce would get "Big Money" in the January...but then they sacked him and gave Keegan nowt.

Things have been rotten from day 1.

Mort was just a more polished liar compared to Dekka.

And also bailed out before the shit hit the fan.

Little unfair, I honestly don't think Mort knew the full horror of it and when he did he scarpared.

Mort was just a more polished liar compared to Dekka.

And also bailed out before the shit hit the fan.

Little unfair, I honestly don't think Mort knew the full horror of it and when he did he scarpared.

He just wasn't as slimy.

They've all done exactly as they're told....apart from Keegan.

Even Shearer and Hughton and players that have left aren't keen to piss on their chips. They'd say it's being professional, but it's all material for that next biography. Keegan is one bloke who wears his heart on his sleeve and tells it like it is, even if it puts other chairmen off him. Nolan's 'blast' at the weekend was a back handed compliment really. He went on about how happy he was, the good relationship he had with the heirarchy and how keen he was to stay. Hardly damning.

Perhaps when Barton's gone we'll get a better insight into the changing room over the last couple of years.

the more I hear of Peter Beardsley, the more I think he's slimy little arse licking wankstain. Of course, what he did in front of the Kop just before signing for Liverpool told you everything about him, his actions since have only confirmed it beyond dispute.

the more I hear of Peter Beardsley, the more I think he's slimy little arse licking wankstain. Of course, what he did in front of the Kop just before signing for Liverpool told you everything about him, his actions since have only confirmed it beyond dispute.

A great footballer, but as a human being...what a total cunt.

Dekka: aggressive, confrontational, without any semblance of honour/whose 'word' means absolutely fuck-all/a con-artist, vindictive, and you can throw 'elusive' into the mix as well. This pretty much encapsulates how Ashley has run his retail enterprise. Ashley and Dekka are two peas out of the same pod, and Ashley has a kindred spirit (at least as a corporate razor cutter type, with the gutter level of ethics to match) of sorts doing his bidding.

To suggest that Dekka is the real problem, as inferred in the OP, is laughable. Mort was going on about how 'Mr Ashley's priority was to purchase players with resale value' during the opening weeks following the takeover. The blueprint for us being a seller club was layed out early. Mort was more PR friendly. In addition to this, in the wake of Allardyce's departure/sacking, in one of Ashley's rare offerings to the press, he declared that he would be more hands-on in relation to the club's day-to-day running.

Suggesting that Dekka is the real problem hereby creating a convenient scapegoat, is a load of crap.

When you think of those times when the town scored and cameras would pan to show him and DL all jumping about 'wahey theyve scored a try' - seriously, what the fuck's that all about ?!

$$$$$$$$ The more goals, the more possible points. The more points, the more $$$$$$$$