Barton signs for QPR

KeithJ

Absolute shambles!

Player of the season released despite showing love for the club and just wanting the best!

Was just listening to his Agent on Talksport and he seemed to imply that Joey was after a four year contract on around half his current wages. What's he on now? 65k?

It beggars belief they'd let one of the best midfielders in the league last year leave on a free.

60k I believe!

If he signed a contract now then he would technically be playing for the same money this season for 2 seasons however for that loyalty he wanted an extra two years. Sounded reasonable! He loves the club, he loves the fans but most of all which is really important to Joey, he has found a club where the fans accept him as a person as much as a player!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will ne interesting if Arsenal do sign Barton considering we play them in 2 weeks...

He would be brilliant for Arsenal imo. Give their team a back bone.

Something with both Nolan and Barton gone - we now lack.

I'm wondering if there actually is a final straw that's likely to break the collective Toon Army's back? I mean what's it going to take for the general fan populace to flip? For me this is sickening, there's no sense in releasing Barton,after proving himself pretty much a reformed character off the pitch and a rejuvenated player on it he is imo one of the best midfielders in the country and always gives his all. He'll be a massive loss to us as I see it, especially with Nolan gone as well. Just the latest in the catalogue of horrors from Ashley and his disasterous reign.

Guest Your Name Here
I'm wondering if there actually is a final straw that's likely to break the collective Toon Army's back? I mean what's it going to take for the general fan populace to flip? For me this is sickening, there's no sense in releasing Barton,after proving himself pretty much a reformed character off the pitch and a rejuvenated player on it he is imo one of the best midfielders in the country and always gives his all. He'll be a massive loss to us as I see it, especially with Nolan gone as well. Just the latest in the catalogue of horrors from Ashley and his disasterous reign.

Was wondering that myself. Tiote being sold on deadline day might do the trick but then again treating Keegan like shit should have done the trick and was met with one afternoon of anger followed by two seasons of apathy.

What pisses me off, is he owes his career to this club, prison and we stuck by him. The club have reacted properly. Now fuck off you scouse twat. Won't be wearing your name on the back of my shirt anymore. You're paid to play not to criticise the board.

So it would be pretty safe to say, Nolan, Barton, Carroll and Enrique were our best players last year and all on a good wedge. All will probably end up off the pay roll but there's always an excuse. If they were prepared to keep him in prison, (where he never slagged the board), but will not tolerate him when he does slag the board, then you have to question whether the Bargain Basement Big Man and his lickspittle pal have the interests of NUFC at heart or are two big babbies? How NUFC are any better out of this only you and a small select number of people will know. Giving one of your best players away is a crime when your very status in the top league is under threat, (and believe me it was and will be even more so now). I tell you what, watch the difference between last seasons fightback against Arsenal and compare it with the opening game of the season when we'll be well beaten. Unbelievable. If I felt wronged at work I'd speak my mind to my employer and anyone who would listen, its called having balls, something that doesn't seem to happen much anymore.

If there's a problem at the club, I'd rather hear about it, thanks. I'll listen to both sides and make my own mind up. I'd rather that than hear the 2nd luckiest man to get a NUFC managers job in my memory, (JFK pipped 'Pards' to that one) mark my card with whatever shite he's been told to peddle to the masses today. It stinks and if we go down then whose fault will it be this time? Either the four best players or probably Keegans again.

So why not just let him run his contract out? Get another year out of him and then shift him out.

Instead another club will benefit from his services at the peak of his form because those twats have put themselves far ahead of the fans and the club in general.

Late to the show on this one peeps and haven't read the thread in its entirety but I'm guessing the concensus is pretty much what I'm thinking.

Makes absolutely no fucking sense whatsoever. Lets let the man who was an absolute revelation walk out of the club for nothing. A player that the majority of the Premier League clubs have said they'd love in their side. A player who has more passion for the club in his little finger than what fat Mike and Dekka have in their considerable frames. A man who in the face of, let's face it, the ultimate insult still has the dignity to acknowledge the passionate fans who are desperate for him to stay.

I've said some things about Freddie Shepherd in my time but he'd never cut his nose off to spite his face in an incident such as this. And there is of course a precedent. The situation he had with Bellamy was arguably more hostile and therefore he had more reason to tear up the contract but Fred put the club first.

They can't even claim they're clearing the pre-Ashley 'clutter' either. Barton was one of Ashley's first signings!

Can't help but cast my mind back only 8 months to the Liverpool game. Ashley had unbelievably removed Hughton yet the team Chris had built destroyed Liverpool that day primarily Messrs Carroll, Nolan & Barton who scored the goals. The fact that within 8 months all 3 have them have been shifted on is incredulous. Along with Enrique and Tiote, they were the backbone of the side that managed to achieve something last season. Enrique is as good as gone too and I don't expect Tiote to be hanging around long - not with Chelsea reportedly keen. I remember also the post match interview where Barton accepted the MOTM award and then promptly attributed it to Hughton. I bet that went down like a lead balloon with Mike and I bet it forms part of the basis for why they've got rid of him.

We need some fucking answers this time. The player clearly wanted to stay, was clearly one of the best players we had at the club and was clearly wanted by the fans. What the fuck has gone on behind the scenes to discredit all that and deduce that he had to go.

Well Mike, we're listening!!

So why not just let him run his contract out? Get another year out of him and then shift him out.

Instead another club will benefit from his services at the peak of his form because those twats have put themselves far ahead of the fans and the club in general.

Because it will cost 100k per game if he stays one more year even if he's fit the whole time.

Edited by Happy Face

Oh yeah and 'team positive' better fuck off with mitigation for this shower of a cunt..... I haven't got the brain space for bullshit.

I really can't see what we can do. I'd support a protest for symbolic reasons and simply as a way for people to vent their frustrations, but they'll never change.

Only a player revolt might sort them out.

2 weeks before the start of the season this. Unbelievable.

Apparently we have to accept that we have huge debts to pay. :razz:

Which makes even less sense. Let's pay off one of our highest earning players? Fantastic business that Mike.... :lol:

Does anybody really think FMA would be pushed around this easily? That all it takes to be granted a free transfer is a few twitter rants?

For the sake of argument let’s say Barton is on £50kpw and would have commanded a £2M transfer fee this summer. The income lost by letting him leave for nowt would have covered his wages for 40 weeks. If FMA had wanted to take a stand against stroppy/greedy players he could have banished Barton to the reserves for the season and not have been any worse off.

I think there’s more to this than we currently know.

I don't. Ashley has shown us all over the last few years that he can be a spiteful prick - fans abuse him, well fuck them he'll change the name of their stadium, etc. He's not above doing something like this just to show everyone who the gaffer is.

Not to mention splitting up the singing section.

Guest Geordio Armani
Oh yeah and 'team positive' better fuck off with mitigation for this shower of a cunt..... I haven't got the brain space for bullshit.

6 bastard pages and still fuck all.... cunts

Because it will cost 100k per game if he stays one more year even if he's fit the whole time.

Aye but they've got a contract to pay up. Given Barton's opinions of late, I doubt very much he'll agree to whistle to Ashley's tune. If he's accepted anything less than what he was entitled to the difference would be minimal - and then you've got to consider we'd have been better off getting some use out of him.

McKay's comments about him being pissed off about not taking corners and free-kicks is nothing more than a smoke-screen IMO. No player in pre-season is going to flounce to that level on something like that.

This is another example of Arsely/LLambias showing who's boss. And throwing out one of our best players from last season in the process for nowt. Short sighted, capricious, ego centric, stupid cunts.

And what about Pardew, the little whiney tosser? Told what to do again, he better not give it the 'I'm billy big bollocks' bullshit in the press over this. He's been told to bend over and take it up the chufter, it's got nothing to do with football, it's a massive 'fuck you' to Barton and the supporters. He must have no balls at all.

I said this in another thread but I believe as things stand we will fucking struggle now and Pardew will be sacked by xmas. Morale fucked, squad too small, too many new foreign players, average manager. Fuck me this bastards are clueless.

Edited by Kitman

Aye but they've got a contract to pay up. Given Barton's opinions of late, I doubt very much he'll agree to whistle to Ashley's tune. If he's accepted anything less than what he was entitled to the difference would be minimal - and then you've got to consider we'd have been better off getting some use out of him.

McKay's comments about him being pissed off about not taking corners and free-kicks is nothing more than a smoke-screen IMO. No player in pre-season is going to flounce to that level on something like that.

The club won't pay up his entire contract if he goes on a free transfer.

Are you absolutely certain about that? We did it with Marcelino.

Pissed me right off this has. Fuckin idiots. They really had a chance to build on last season, summer started well with a few promising signings and now its slipping back into the fuckin same old shit.

Its gonna take a pretty BIG QUALITY signing to make up for this shit.

Barton is no angel though, i do like him and i like his honesty but if you openly go about criticising your employer no matter how shit they are you are gonna get fuckin pedalled like.

From the clubs point of view though....FREE TRANSFER?!? What the fuck!?

I can only think the club want his 75k pw wage off the book and his outspoken attitude out the dressing room.

Midfield for Arsenal now then...

Marveaux---Tiote---Cabaye---Jonas

Wheres there options off the bench now then?

Pissed me right off this has. Fuckin idiots. They really had a chance to build on last season, summer started well with a few promising signings and now its slipping back into the fuckin same old shit.

Its gonna take a pretty BIG QUALITY signing to make up for this shit.

Barton is no angel though, i do like him and i like his honesty but if you openly go about criticising your employer no matter how shit they are you are gonna get fuckin pedalled like.

From the clubs point of view though....FREE TRANSFER?!? What the fuck!?

I can only think the club want his 75k pw wage off the book and his outspoken attitude out the dressing room.

:lol:

And who do you expect to arrive young man? :razz:

That's what we need right now, more of your formations :razz:

Are you absolutely certain about that? We did it with Marcelino.

Pretty certain. It's the only logical reason. And as stupid as some of the footballing decisions have been EVERY personell change Ashley has made had a logical cost saving in the short term.