Barton signs for QPR

KeithJ

Heart on his sleeve isn't it? The sort of thing we love until it's not in our favour.

He obviously doesn't want to go and what's wrong with hoping it'll work out even to the very end, like my last 12 relationships.

is it fuck.

If he wanted to stay he would turn round and say, "No,I'm not off to the Medical, Im staying"

He's been told to leave, he's being given away and only one club has come in for him.

Is it so unbelievable to think he is hoping that the club he wants to play for has a change of heart?

He can turn round and say fine, ill sit and take my wage for the next 12 months. Really piss the fat fuck off.

Yes it is unbelievable to be honest.

yes, he could to that. So could Nolan. Why didn't they ?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heart on his sleeve isn't it? The sort of thing we love until it's not in our favour.

He obviously doesn't want to go and what's wrong with hoping it'll work out even to the very end, like my last 12 relationships.

is it fuck.

If he wanted to stay he would turn round and say, "No,I'm not off to the Medical, Im staying"

He's been told to leave, he's being given away and only one club has come in for him.

exactly

Yup!

What he said.

Seems inconceivable that he'd have 2 medicals and not sign for QPR. If he's indulging in brinkmanship he's dangling off the edge by his toes....

No doubt McKay will be badgering him to sign anyway. Apparently stands to make at least 600k from the deal, if not more.....

If he wants to stay he can, his contract runs for a year. He will take the money and the long contract just like Nolan did. Must like relegation as they will go down, no doubt

Think you're directing your bitterness at the wrong people personally.

No I'm not. I would have given Barton a 2 year extension as I rate him and think the club are wrong. What I find laughable is Barton tweeting about not wanting to leave then going to a shitty team like QPR. He could stay but the 80-100k p.w. on offer makes him think otherwise.

Aye, he could stay for the rest of this season (and only that) and potentially lose the chance to make megabucks. Only an idiot would either do that or expect it of him (or anyone else for that matter). It's a bit like me winning the lottery tomorrow and people having a go at me for not giving it all to charity. I mean I could do that. What fucking planet are you on? :icon_lol:

You are a fucking knob, he's on 50k a week here and would still get a big money move at the end of the season. Your comparison is laughable

is it fuck.

Is it so unbelievable to think he is hoping that the club he wants to play for has a change of heart?

He can turn round and say fine, ill sit and take my wage for the next 12 months. Really piss the fat fuck off.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

If he wants to stay he can, his contract runs for a year. He will take the money and the long contract just like Nolan did. Must like relegation as they will go down, no doubt

No I'm not. I would have given Barton a 2 year extension as I rate him and think the club are wrong. What I find laughable is Barton tweeting about not wanting to leave then going to a shitty team like QPR. He could stay but the 80-100k p.w. on offer makes him think otherwise.

Aye, he could stay for the rest of this season (and only that) and potentially lose the chance to make megabucks. Only an idiot would either do that or expect it of him (or anyone else for that matter). It's a bit like me winning the lottery tomorrow and people having a go at me for not giving it all to charity. I mean I could do that. What fucking planet are you on? :icon_lol:

You are a fucking knob, he's on 50k a week here and would still get a big money move at the end of the season. Your comparison is laughable

you cant guarantee that, wheres the other big money moves now then? so far only QPR have come in for him. Another season and hes a year older.

He could stay, be played regularly and set the world alight, get picked by Capello and manage a move to a CL club at the end of the season. More likely though he could stay not be played or played and not take the set pieces, have a shite season and be offered moves to the likes of Leeds or Leicester next season.

Moving to QPR would guarantee him a contract and even possibly increase his England chances. At least Capello might actually turn up there.

It's called hyperbole. It's comparable in that neither scenario is likely. Put yourself in his shoes. Honestly, it would be daft not to at least talk to QPR. And how do you know he'd get a big move at the end of the season? How, exactly, is the scenario different to now, i.e. he can leave on free? The only difference being if he does wait until the end of the season, he takes the risk of the same offer not being available. He's just had his best season in years and there was only one club seriously interested (because of the perceived risk involved). Have a think about all that and, if you're not too angry, get back to me.

is it fuck.

that's what makes me laugh about you, and some others. You don't read a word of what anybody says.

And what is wrong with moving jobs for more money ? It makes your "new employers" more attractive, wouldn't you agree ? Which is partly the point I'm making. Would you not do it ?

Does it not strike you, that a club with the appeal of NUFC - or what they ought to have - are actually losing their best players to a club like QPR - and West Ham - BECAUSE they are making themselves more attractive to him ? Doesn't that reflect massively on how NUFC is to players nowadays ?

Edited by LeazesMag

Amazed he never replys to anyone yet has to that QPR fan who said he needs to think 'What if he gets injured'. Says 'It's something I have to think about.

He'll go this afternoon. I guarantee it.

If I could leave my current job for one where I was paid more I'd do it in a heartbeat.

If my employer offered me LESS than I was currently on I think I'd go without even having another job lined up.

Football is different, but talk of greed is daft when he's basically going to be on the same money. It's not like he's Eto'ing his salary here.

is it fuck.

that's what makes me laugh about you, and some others. You don't read a word of what anybody says.

And what is wrong with moving jobs for more money ? It makes your "new employers" more attractive, wouldn't you agree ? Which is partly the point I'm making. Would you not do it ?

Does it not strike you, that a club with the appeal of NUFC - or what they ought to have - are actually losing their best players to a club like QPR - and West Ham - BECAUSE they are making themselves more attractive to him ? Doesn't that reflect massively on how NUFC is to players nowadays ?

If I was a professional footballer I would want to play at the highest level, I don't consider West Ham a bigger or more attractive option than Newcastle. The fact they want to give a 5 yr 50k a week contract to Nolan,who at 29 with his best years behind him, is daft.

The Barton situation is different but I still wouldn't give him a 5 year deal, would you??

If I could leave my current job for one where I was paid more I'd do it in a heartbeat.

If my employer offered me LESS than I was currently on I think I'd go without even having another job lined up.

Football is different, but talk of greed is daft when he's basically going to be on the same money. It's not like he's Eto'ing his salary here.

:icon_lol: what did Eto'o do, I've not heard that one? Class player

It's called hyperbole. It's comparable in that neither scenario is likely. Put yourself in his shoes. Honestly, it would be daft not to at least talk to QPR. And how do you know he'd get a big move at the end of the season? How, exactly, is the scenario different to now, i.e. he can leave on free? The only difference being if he does wait until the end of the season, he takes the risk of the same offer not being available. He's just had his best season in years and there was only one club seriously interested (because of the perceived risk involved). Have a think about all that and, if you're not too angry, get back to me.

I'm not having a pop at him for going its all his twitter bollocks that has pissed me off

All anger should be directed toward the owner, who is acting to protect his own interests rather than the club's, not Joey, he's only doing what any sensible person would do in the same situation.

In summary, Ashley fucks us again and some people decide to blame the 'greedy footballer'.

In a simpler form, Ashley=cunt, Barton=prudent.

Gone from Inter to the Russian league to get banana's thrown at him for £300k p/w.

Gone to Russia for £18m a year.

is it fuck.

If I was a professional footballer I would want to play at the highest level, I don't consider West Ham a bigger or more attractive option than Newcastle. The fact they want to give a 5 yr 50k a week contract to Nolan,who at 29 with his best years behind him, is daft.

The Barton situation is different but I still wouldn't give him a 5 year deal, would you??

YOU don't consider West Ham to be a more attractive proposition, but Nolan and probably Barton have found other more attractive propositions.

What exactly do you base your comments on ? Why do you think over the next 5 years, we are a more attractive proposition ? Bear in mind Nolan is looking at the longer term [and yes we realise at the end of that his career will be over]. Where do you think each club will be in 2, 3, or 4 years time, under current ownerships ?

Gone from Inter to the Russian league to get banana's thrown at him for £300k p/w.

Fuck me didn't hear about that one. :icon_lol: Russia is rough.

I'm not having a pop at him for going its all his twitter bollocks that has pissed me off

Considering what's going on and gone on at the club and you're getting your knickers in a twist about that? And I'm the fucking knob? :icon_lol:

Fuck me didn't hear about that one. :icon_lol: Russia is rough.

They've got Roberto Carlos, who had the banana thrown at him during an away match. I hope £300k a week covers the therapy sessions post-playing career.

He's going to be filthy rich for the rest of his life. If you were offered £1m a year for sewing footballs in Cambodia 18 hours a day or £500k for playing football, what would you choose? That's the dilemma he has.