Barton signs for QPR

KeithJ

Its lookin that way craig....not good at all. Some can call me up on wantin to be positive, its just the way i am.

In all honesty though this has really fucked me off though. I dont get it at all.

I just hope that all this streamlining and getting wages brought down as well as not spending much is lining us up to be sold in the near future. Probably clutching at straws now though.

Kitman...Fuck off man....Just saying what looks likely to be our midfield for our first game. That said....I fully expect Tiote and Jose to put transfer requests in now. Possibly even Jonas, Coloccini and Barfa. :razz:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know what you're saying but in previous situations such as this, it's always been a 'mutual decision' between player and club and therefore in everyone's interests to strike a deal.

Barton clearly didn't want to go and as a result, I cannot see him accepting a penny less than he'd have earned if he was still here. I honestly wouldn't put it past Ashley to be absolutely short-sighted and think "well, it'll not cost me any more and I don't want the wanker connected with the club any more".

As Stevie put it he's a fucking megalomaniac. It's his club and he's making damned sure he's proving that point.

Kitman...Fuck off man....Just saying what looks likely to be our midfield for our first game. That said....I fully expect Tiote and Jose to put transfer requests in now. Possibly even Jonas, Coloccini and Barfa. :lol:

:razz: Which was kind of my point. Who knows who'll turn out for us come Arsenal?

As Stevie put it he's a fucking megalomaniac. It's his club and he's making damned sure he's proving that point.

This. Him and Llambias are peas in a pod. Smirking egomaniacal twats. We should be looking to get value for Barton at the very least.

I know what you're saying but in previous situations such as this, it's always been a 'mutual decision' between player and club and therefore in everyone's interests to strike a deal.

Barton clearly didn't want to go and as a result, I cannot see him accepting a penny less than he'd have earned if he was still here. I honestly wouldn't put it past Ashley to be absolutely short-sighted and think "well, it'll not cost me any more and I don't want the wanker connected with the club any more".

Bartons tweeted that he wouldn't go for a fee, but was willing to see out his contract or go for free now.

...so surely it was in the club's best interests to get another season out of a player who was a class apart last season?

It still makes no sense whatsoever to me.

There's just no need for half the debacles they've caused. Keegan didn't have to be misled. Hughton didn't have to be sacked. Carroll didn't have to be sold if we weren't ever going to spend even half the money we made on him. Nolan didn't have to be lied to. Barton didn't have to be forced out.

Their incompetence is limitless.

We really have got fucking up down to a fine art now haven't we. Why any of us are surprised by this any more is completely beyond me.

The one result we know in all of this is that we now don't have a right midfielder so that's another signing we need but won't get.

There's just no need for half the debacles they've caused. Keegan didn't have to be misled. Hughton didn't have to be sacked. Carroll didn't have to be sold if we weren't ever going to spend even half the money we made on him. Nolan didn't have to be lied to. Barton didn't have to be forced out.

Their incompetence is limitless.

Every one of those saved or made money.

"Am here till it expires or am given a free transfer...."

" I wouldn't give u or them the satisfaction. (of being sold)...."

The underlying issue here is that it's between being sold and being given a free. Why the fuck is the removal of Joey Barton from the NUFC payroll even been under discussion? Seriously?

The underlying issue here is that it's between being sold and being given a free. Why the fuck is the removal of Joey Barton from the NUFC payroll even been under discussion? Seriously?

Players either have balance sheet value, or they are a drain on resources. Football doesn't come into it.

By making it clear he would not accept any deal that involved a fee, barton went from the former to the latter.

What a load of bollocks they have turned this football club into.

I hope Barton goes to Arsenal, but I can see him ending up at Villa or even West Ham. I hope when/if he plays against us he shows the owners what they really gave away. No one can say he doesn't have an attitude problem etc but what he gives on the pitch is not something you can replace.

Just got a season ticket, seriously considering addressing it to Mike Ashley and telling him were to shove it.

35million to spend, and as far as am concerned we haven't spent a penny of it yet.

Its lookin that way craig....not good at all. Some can call me up on wantin to be positive, its just the way i am.

In all honesty though this has really fucked me off though. I dont get it at all.

I just hope that all this streamlining and getting wages brought down as well as not spending much is lining us up to be sold in the near future. Probably clutching at straws now though.

Kitman...Fuck off man....Just saying what looks likely to be our midfield for our first game. That said....I fully expect Tiote and Jose to put transfer requests in now. Possibly even Jonas, Coloccini and Barfa. :razz:

Don't mean it in a harsh way D, but it's like you've just learned there's no Santa but y've put a glass of sherry out just in case .

Drink the sherry .

(referring to your hope of a big buy, but posting on phone and can't be fucked cutting n pasting text about the parish like a Hawkins )

Pissed me right off this has. Fuckin idiots. They really had a chance to build on last season, summer started well with a few promising signings and now its slipping back into the fuckin same old shit.

Its gonna take a pretty BIG QUALITY signing to make up for this shit.

Barton is no angel though, i do like him and i like his honesty but if you openly go about criticising your employer no matter how shit they are you are gonna get fuckin pedalled like.

From the clubs point of view though....FREE TRANSFER?!? What the fuck!?

I can only think the club want his 75k pw wage off the book and his outspoken attitude out the dressing room.

Midfield for Arsenal now then...

Marveaux---Tiote---Cabaye---Jonas

Wheres there options off the bench now then?

Of course you are.

How anyone could think they would keep Barton for another year while he is slagging them off on twitter is ridiculous.

Re Arsenal midfield I would guess at...

Gosling Tiote Cbaye Marveaux

Although at the end of the day its the strikers we need sorting and from all accounts, Ba isnt setting pre season alight just yet.

Kitman...Fuck off man....Just saying what looks likely to be our midfield for our first game. That said....I fully expect Tiote and Jose to put transfer requests in now. Possibly even Jonas, Coloccini and Barfa. :icon_lol:

Don't mean it in a harsh way D, but it's like you've just learned there's no Santa but y've put a glass of sherry out just in case .

Drink the sherry .

:razz::lol: :lol:

Players either have balance sheet value, or they are a drain on resources. Football doesn't come into it.

By making it clear he would not accept any deal that involved a fee, barton went from the former to the latter.

You're missing my point. Why was his departure ever up for discussion?

Drink the sherry .

(referring to your hope of a big buy, but posting on phone and can't be fucked cutting n pasting text about the parish like a Hawkins )

Shush man, Kevin may be lurking....

You're missing my point. Why was his departure ever up for discussion?

Because he's on high wages. No-one over 27 will get a contract for 50k+ a week.

Total stupidity as a football decision. In line with all his other 'business' decisions at the club though.

Drink the sherry .

At least Deano has woken up to reality unlike some people who are still living in cloud cuckoo land regardless of what Ashley throws at them.

The longer his steadfast backing of Ashley goes on, the more I reckon CT is either employed by the club or Thomson House.

There's no fucking way on earth a cabbie could post as much as he does and still earn a crust.