Barton signs for QPR

KeithJ

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what would make my day? If all the thick jobless wankers who make up the core of your filthy support got the bedsheets out and performed another "boycoutt".

230082_169050156489383_109099755817757_423014_2561790_n.jpg

tbh

:razz:

The club fucked up not signing him up when we were assured promotion from the championship, letting any player get into the last year is very dodgy ground. Let me just say I think Joey has been outstanding and will be a great loss. Now, let's look at the facts leading upto this. He tweets slagging off the running of the club, then says he will only leave on a free and will not be sold. So by slagging of the owner he knows the situation will come to a head. This has worked a treat, now he can go for nothing and pick up a big signing on fee, not forgetting Willies cut, who I think has been instrumental in this. Ashley has been played like a fiddle and Barton will be laughing all the way to the bank. No sympathy to Ashley BTW.

As for Pardew, he's now looking more and more of a patsy

Guest Your Name Here

Does anybody really think FMA would be pushed around this easily? That all it takes to be granted a free transfer is a few twitter rants?

For the sake of argument let’s say Barton is on £50kpw and would have commanded a £2M transfer fee this summer. The income lost by letting him leave for nowt would have covered his wages for 40 weeks. If FMA had wanted to take a stand against stroppy/greedy players he could have banished Barton to the reserves for the season and not have been any worse off.

I think there’s more to this than we currently know.

Does anybody really think FMA would be pushed around this easily? That all it takes to be granted a free transfer is a few twitter rants?

For the sake of argument let’s say Barton is on £50kpw and would have commanded a £2M transfer fee this summer. The income lost by letting him leave for nowt would have covered his wages for 40 weeks. If FMA had wanted to take a stand against stroppy/greedy players he could have banished Barton to the reserves for the season and not have been any worse off.

I don't. Ashley has shown us all over the last few years that he can be a spiteful prick - fans abuse him, well fuck them he'll change the name of their stadium, etc. He's not above doing something like this just to show everyone who the gaffer is.

I don't. Ashley has shown us all over the last few years that he can be a spiteful prick - fans abuse him, well fuck them he'll change the name of their stadium, etc. He's not above doing something like this just to show everyone who the gaffer is.

Amazed it's been this long coming; the board wanted rid of him when he was banged up (rightly so at the time imo).

Typical since he's on the road to sorting his life out and putting in good performances that he's made himself look like a right tit and it's led to our terrible owner casting him out.

Fwiw, I think JB knew this and could have led to his twitter outburst. The club has been run poorly in terms of man management, communication and respect. JB isn't the first to question the board and be removed, my big fear is he won't be the last. We still have some great players and a squad that, with the right investment could genuinely form the potential to compete in the top half of the table. It seems the players know this too, hence the frustration on JB's part.

Unfortunately it gives tits like CT the excuse they need to lick Ashley's arse even more clean.

Anyone else listening to 5live? Bartons agent on now. Prem teams and even a Champs League club after him apparently.

And whats the first thing the agent said...."He didnt get any free kicks and corners yesterday". Beggars belief.

Anyone else listening to 5live? Bartons agent on now. Prem teams and even a Champs League club after him apparently.

And whats the first thing the agent said...."He didnt get any free kicks and corners yesterday". Beggars belief.

Are you serious? What has not getting to take any free kicks and corners got to do with this.

Are you serious? What has not getting to take any free kicks and corners got to do with this.

Listen to five live ffs .....The agents just said it again...."he didnt get any free kicks or corners yesterday, he couldnt take it, he's a very passionate guy".....

Brought it up at the beginning of the interview and again at the end.

Edited by Christmas Tree

Listen to five live ffs .....The agents just said it again...."he didnt get any free kicks or corners yesterday, he couldnt take it".....

Not sure what you're getting at with that. In any case he spent most of it talking about the contract situation and how Barton has turned his career around in his dreary scottish voice. Also mentioned that he wouldn't rule out new negotiations with the club (pie in the sky stuff now).

Edited by TicTacWoe