Barton signs for QPR

KeithJ

Guest Your Name Here
Does anybody really think FMA would be pushed around this easily? That all it takes to be granted a free transfer is a few twitter rants?

For the sake of argument let’s say Barton is on £50kpw and would have commanded a £2M transfer fee this summer. The income lost by letting him leave for nowt would have covered his wages for 40 weeks. If FMA had wanted to take a stand against stroppy/greedy players he could have banished Barton to the reserves for the season and not have been any worse off.

I think there’s more to this than we currently know.

I don't. Ashley has shown us all over the last few years that he can be a spiteful prick - fans abuse him, well fuck them he'll change the name of their stadium, etc. He's not above doing something like this just to show everyone who the gaffer is.

That’s my point. He’s not showing everyone who the gaffer is. Barton’s done very nicely out of all this and any other player keen for a move may well now see ranting on twitter as the way forward.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Your Name Here
Be interesting, now that JB has nothing to lose, whether he comes out and tells us all the "bad stuff" that he has been hinting at on Twitter but not quite saying.

Doubt it. Free transfer in exchange for confidently agreement, that’s my guess on wtf is going on here.

Does anybody really think FMA would be pushed around this easily? That all it takes to be granted a free transfer is a few twitter rants?

For the sake of argument let’s say Barton is on £50kpw and would have commanded a £2M transfer fee this summer. The income lost by letting him leave for nowt would have covered his wages for 40 weeks. If FMA had wanted to take a stand against stroppy/greedy players he could have banished Barton to the reserves for the season and not have been any worse off.

I don't. Ashley has shown us all over the last few years that he can be a spiteful prick - fans abuse him, well fuck them he'll change the name of their stadium, etc. He's not above doing something like this just to show everyone who the gaffer is.

That’s my point. He’s not showing everyone who the gaffer is. Barton’s done very nicely out of all this and any other player keen for a move may well now see ranting on twitter as the way forward.

Which was the worst, rant fuelled tweet? The one that made his staying impossible for the owner?

Anyone else listening to 5live? Bartons agent on now. Prem teams and even a Champs League club after him apparently.

And whats the first thing the agent said...."He didnt get any free kicks and corners yesterday". Beggars belief.

Are you serious? What has not getting to take any free kicks and corners got to do with this.

Listen to five live ffs .....The agents just said it again...."he didnt get any free kicks or corners yesterday, he couldnt take it".....

Not sure what you're getting at with that. In any case he spent most of it talking about the contract situation and how Barton has turned his career around in his dreary scottish voice. Also mentioned that he wouldn't rule out new negotiations with the club (pie in the sky stuff now).

I am getting at nothing other than the glaringly obvious fact that yesterdays tactics not to allow him to take free kicks or corners obviously contributed to last nights twitter rant which contributed to last nights decision to get rid of him.

Doesnt mean Ashley is Lovely or LLambias visits old ladies in nursing homes.

Ashley has often made random/crazy decisions like this since taken over. Hiring Keegan/Shearer, undermining Keegan with the appointment of Wise, digging up Joe Kinnear from obscurity, Hughton's appointment and sacking, etc etc

Thats the big thing out of all of this for all football clubs going forward.

Once upon a time a player would speak off the record to a reporter. Now this.

Not sure how you deal with it.

Rumours are that he wont be the last to do it, allegedly a certain Mr Simpsons not happy with the bollocks that Lee Ryders been spouting, that he and JB were slating the right wing. Not 100% certain with the source though so at this stage its merely a rumour.

We are however all about to go to hell in a handcart.

7-1 best odds I can see on relegation, cracking value :razz:

As pissed off as I am about what's going on and the lack of quality replacements coming in, I'd be very surprised if we go down. Even with the current squad there's at least 6 teams worse than us at the moment.

Which was the worst, rant fuelled tweet? The one that made his staying impossible for the owner?

Think the criticism of Ed Miliband's lisp was the final straw tbh. Mike Ashley was so shocked when he read it, he spilt his pint into his curry. He still ate it, but the damage had been done.

Edited by Kevin S. Assilleekunt

Absolute shambles!

Player of the season released despite showing love for the club and just wanting the best!

Was just listening to his Agent on Talksport and he seemed to imply that Joey was after a four year contract on around half his current wages. What's he on now? 65k?

It beggars belief they'd let one of the best midfielders in the league last year leave on a free.

Edited by duo

Barton has got what he's been angling for all along.

Fair play to Ashley for not being held to ransom by a player who was a liability for 75% of his time here.

Newcastle United have the best chairman & hardest fans in the world.

In what world does a player want to leave a club because he's not taking corners? :razz:

According to his agent, 3 times now on live radio, his feelings were hurt.

You reckon that's the long and tall of it? Willie McKay is a Class A bullshitter as well.

I have no idea, but thats the line his agent is putting out.

Guest Your Name Here

Enrique’s, when he accused them of being liars. Worse than anything Barton has said.

I’m guessing they didn’t fine Barton because they were scared of what he’d say next, he’s not the sort to hide in the corner and lick his wounds like a good little serf.

Edited by Your Name Here

Barton has got what he's been angling for all along.

Fair play to Ashley for not being held to ransom by a player who was a liability for 75% of his time here.

Newcastle United have the best chairman & hardest fans in the world.

:razz:

In what world does a player want to leave a club because he's not taking corners? :razz:

According to his agent, 3 times now on live radio, his feelings were hurt.

You reckon that's the long and tall of it? Willie McKay is a Class A bullshitter as well.

I have no idea, but thats the line his agent is putting out.

It's just one element of what McKay has been saying. The impression he's giving is that it was the straw that broke the came'ls back. The contract being the main issue.

Edited by TicTacWoe

Guest Your Name Here

As pissed off as I am about what's going on and the lack of quality replacements coming in, I'd be very surprised if we go down. Even with the current squad there's at least 6 teams worse than us at the moment.

Assuming Jose leaves (Ben Arfa apart) our squad is as crud as anyone’s and the ‘this group of lads’ team spirit has clearly been massively eroded. I’d be very concerned about our house of cards falling down if we get off to a bad start to the season.

Barton has made it clear he would not be sold at any price. He wanted to see out his contract or go for nothing. I believe it was a matter of principal following the manner of Carroll's departure, whereby they pushed him into the corner of a transfer request (which I think he was a twat for submitting).

The club therefore had a player who they would be forced to spend another £3m in wages on and who guaranteed a zero return. As with EVERY decision made at the club, this one was made to save money. Ashley's view is £3m is worth more than 30 odd appearances over the season from JB.

It is the same logic for sacking Hughton. Why give him a better contract when you can pay another monkey peanuts.

relegation happens 12.5% of the time and you break even on that bet, if this transfer window carries on as it is, we'll be easily 66% to go down.

the heart has been ripped out of the team, morale is obviously at an all time low, squad likely to get worse, not better. where's your confidence coming from?

What pisses me off, is he owes his career to this club, prison and we stuck by him. The club have reacted properly. Now fuck off you scouse twat. Won't be wearing your name on the back of my shirt anymore. You're paid to play not to criticise the board.

Guest Your Name Here
What pisses me off, is he owes his career to this club, prison and we stuck by him. The club have reacted properly. Now fuck off you scouse twat. Won't be wearing your name on the back of my shirt anymore. You're paid to play not to criticise the board.

They stuck by his value on the balance sheet at the time. It wasn’t an act of compassion.