Barton signs for QPR

KeithJ

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair on obertan i dont think he had the space on monday nite 2 make an impact. The pitch was tiny and qpr closed down our players very quickly, and our whole team was shite. Cabaye espescially with his passing skills didnt take advantage of Obertans pace with any killer balls in behind. I reckon with a more clever and thought out formation than 442 we cud use his pace and hopefully he cud turn out to be a decent player, no point stickin him right wing against a left back and left midfielder and expecting him to be amazing.

His pace is a weapon that needs 2 be exploited for him 2 excell imo

Pitch dimensions of Loftus Road: 112 x 72 yards

Pitch dimensions of SJP: 110 × 73 yards

:lol:

Aye, we've got one of the narrowest pitches going. Only a matter of time before MA realises that if you make it a few yards narrower you can play without full backs and wingers altogether.

McKay represented QPR and Barton represented himself so they pocketed the money. NUFC have reported McKay but he has defended it saying QPR got value for money.

Kind of obvious what went on really.

On what basis would NUFC report McKay?

Representing Barton with NUFC and QPR, i think thats frowned upon which is why they claim Barton represented himself in the QPR deal.

But he was going on a free anyway, it's not like we missed out on any money.

Unless you're suggesting that McKay induced Barton into those tweets in order to get a free transfer?

If we learnt anything this summer it was the freer the transfer the higher the agent fee. I presume by representing himself Barton also would have gained financially.

An intereting set of incentives at play anyway.

McKay represented QPR and Barton represented himself so they pocketed the money. NUFC have reported McKay but he has defended it saying QPR got value for money.

Representing Barton with NUFC and QPR, i think thats frowned upon which is why they claim Barton represented himself in the QPR deal.

Unless you're suggesting that McKay induced Barton into those tweets in order to get a free transfer?

If we learnt anything this summer it was the freer the transfer the higher the agent fee. I presume by representing himself Barton also would have gained financially.

Only 2 parties involved

no "transfer fee" for the clubs to haggle about.

So only the contract to negotiate....how the fuck can Mckay justify at least 1 million for an afternoon's work?....the likes of Fifa and the FA want shooting for handing a huge amount of control of the game over to the likes of these fuckers. Middle men are cunts. What the fuck do they bring to party?....am all for a player's interests' to be protected but if they used the PFA or some other registered salaried individual then the huge fees agents pick up could either go to the talent or stay in the game. How much skill does it take to negotiate a contract?...can you get a book from the library on it?..I'd be tempted to do that rather than line the pockets of some spiv with ideas above his station in life :lol:

Only 2 parties involved

So only the contract to negotiate....how the fuck can Mckay justify at least 1 million for an afternoon's work?....the likes of Fifa and the FA want shooting for handing a huge amount of control of the game over to the likes of these fuckers. Middle men are cunts. What the fuck do they bring to party?....am all for a player's interests' to be protected but if they used the PFA or some other registered salaried individual then the huge fees agents pick up could either go to the talent or stay in the game. How much skill does it take to negotiate a contract?...can you get a book from the library on it?..I'd be tempted to do that rather than line the pockets of some spiv with ideas above his station in life ;)

Yeah get a book out the library. :lol:

Only 2 parties involved

So only the contract to negotiate....how the fuck can Mckay justify at least 1 million for an afternoon's work?....the likes of Fifa and the FA want shooting for handing a huge amount of control of the game over to the likes of these fuckers. Middle men are cunts. What the fuck do they bring to party?....am all for a player's interests' to be protected but if they used the PFA or some other registered salaried individual then the huge fees agents pick up could either go to the talent or stay in the game. How much skill does it take to negotiate a contract?...can you get a book from the library on it?..I'd be tempted to do that rather than line the pockets of some spiv with ideas above his station in life :D

Yeah get a book out the library. ;)

;) yeah well.."football contracts for idiots" could be a bestseller :lol:

What do you actually need to know?......if we take this story at face value then Barton and Mckay have between them extorted a couple of million out of 2 football clubs for next to no effort, just by being a bit smart,very brazen and not giving a fuck about the consequences. I'm not saying I could do it, but I really don't think it's rocket science.

Only 2 parties involved

So only the contract to negotiate....how the fuck can Mckay justify at least 1 million for an afternoon's work?....the likes of Fifa and the FA want shooting for handing a huge amount of control of the game over to the likes of these fuckers. Middle men are cunts. What the fuck do they bring to party?....am all for a player's interests' to be protected but if they used the PFA or some other registered salaried individual then the huge fees agents pick up could either go to the talent or stay in the game. How much skill does it take to negotiate a contract?...can you get a book from the library on it?..I'd be tempted to do that rather than line the pockets of some spiv with ideas above his station in life :lol:

Yeah get a book out the library. :D

;) yeah well.."football contracts for idiots" could be a bestseller :lol:

What do you actually need to know?......if we take this story at face value then Barton and Mckay have between them extorted a couple of million out of 2 football clubs for next to no effort, just by being a bit smart,very brazen and not giving a fuck about the consequences. I'm not saying I could do it, but I really don't think it's rocket science.

Wrong question ;)

To be fair on obertan i dont think he had the space on monday nite 2 make an impact. The pitch was tiny and qpr closed down our players very quickly, and our whole team was shite. Cabaye espescially with his passing skills didnt take advantage of Obertans pace with any killer balls in behind. I reckon with a more clever and thought out formation than 442 we cud use his pace and hopefully he cud turn out to be a decent player, no point stickin him right wing against a left back and left midfielder and expecting him to be amazing.

His pace is a weapon that needs 2 be exploited for him 2 excell imo

Pitch dimensions of Loftus Road: 112 x 72 yards

Pitch dimensions of SJP: 110 × 73 yards

:lol:

Aye, we've got one of the narrowest pitches going. Only a matter of time before MA realises that if you make it a few yards narrower you can play without full backs and wingers altogether.

Used to be even narrower iirc. I think it was widened when they built the Milburn Stand.

Anyway, surely Obertan is Barton's replacement.

When we signed Obertan, I'm sure Pardew mentioned it all hinged on whether Routledge went to Swansea. So in that Case he's Routledge's replacement and we got no one in to replace Barton.

The whole striker debacle kind of overshadowed us not replacing barton, and will probably dominate again in January when we're "trying" to sign a striker, and will be a smokescreen for not bulking up what little squad depth we have.

When we signed Obertan, I'm sure Pardew mentioned it all hinged on whether Routledge went to Swansea. So in that Case he's Routledge's replacement and we got no one in to replace Barton.

The whole striker debacle kind of overshadowed us not replacing barton, and will probably dominate again in January when we're "trying" to sign a striker, and will be a smokescreen for not bulking up what little squad depth we have.

I know what you mean in terms of the squad, I just meant Obertan looks like he's going to start a few games (unlike Routledge under Pardew) wide right which is where Barton played (albeit in a different way) so he's his replacement in the first XI.

I know what you mean in terms of the squad, I just meant Obertan looks like he's going to start a few games (unlike Routledge under Pardew) wide right which is where Barton played (albeit in a different way) so he's his replacement in the first XI.

I get ya now

It's a shame it's came to that though