Barton signs for QPR

KeithJ

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me and my mate were planning on going to quite a few away games this year with being moved up from the pittance of Apprenticeship pay to proper full-time pay, but the principle of them charging £20 for to go to away games and the excuse it was because of Darlington was the only excuse they needed to fob more supporters

You have to feel sorry for the lads that A. Renewed B. Got moved, who still have to put up with this shit.

Still looking forward to the Arsenal game personally.

It's been a LONG summer.

I have no doubts the club will drag it out further.

Deadline day is going to be a fucking nightmare.

Im dreading it. It used to be a case of hanging on to see who we might sign at the death. Now its hanging on in hope they dont sell someone else and leave no time for a replacement.

That statement btw does my head in. If the last minute is no time to buy a player then how the fuck do you sell one? Someone must be buying. Alternatively, dont fucking sell!

Luckily for Ashley, our first home game after the close of the transfer window isn't until 24th September, by which point the majority of people will have forgotten about the last minute sale of Tiote and Enrique.

Depends on your outlook. I think it could offer up some delicious comedy. At some point you have to just give up y trying to take this stuff seriously.

More apt lyrics ;)

The old get older and the young get stronger

May take a week and it may take longer

They got the guns but we got the numbers

Gonna win yeah we're taking over

Then again, lets not, lets bathe in apathy and drink in its consuming delight.

Im dreading it. It used to be a case of hanging on to see who we might sign at the death. Now its hanging on in hope they dont sell someone else and leave no time for a replacement.

That statement btw does my head in. If the last minute is no time to buy a player then how the fuck do you sell one? Someone must be buying. Alternatively, dont fucking sell!

I remember when i used to love deadline day, and the presenters spunking their loads all over the shop over every little rumour

Has anyone read Ryders piece in the Chronicle today? The level of properganda is actually hillarious. Best bit for me is that part of the reason to get rid of Barton his the unfavourable impression hes giving the new players who have signed and the ones that will be signing and 'Could be in place soon'.

It's ok lads we've lost yet another of our best players but rest assured, the next free transfer will be arriving any day!

Not sure if it has been mentioned yet but there are inconsistencies in McKay's statements.

25/05/11

"We had talks in January - Joey was prepared to take a drop in wages and we couldn't get anywhere,"

01/08/2011

"Joey was disappointed. There was no way we were going to take a cut in his wages. He wanted four years, they wanted three,"
Edited by ewerk

Ryder drinking the kool aid

The Chronicle understands there was an uneasy relationship with certain players and staff for months – BEFORE his Twitter rant became the straw which broke the camel’s back in the eyes of the current regime.

Yesterday’s free transfer listing of Barton was not just based on his attack on the Newcastle board via the social networking tool.

It is also believed that Barton and another United player rowed furiously before a Premier League game towards the end of last season, as tensions over the Merseysider’s lack of a new contract offer began polluting the air behind the scenes.

Several dressing room rows towards the end of last season, as well as during pre-season, are also thought to have contributed to the player’s demise on Tyneside.

This culminated with Barton’s Twitter rant against the United board on Sunday, before it was made clear he no longer had a future at St James’ Park.

The Scouser looked clearly disgruntled during the warm-up before the Leeds game.

And it quickly became apparent to eagle-eyed observers from the stands that there was a commotion between Barton and some team members.

But the decision to finally transfer list Barton is understood to have been factored by the following:

The refusal to shake the manager’s hand after being told he hadn’t been appointed captain at Leeds.

The potential to be a bad influence on younger players in the dressing room, with several of the squad still under 21.

The impression created on United’s new signings and future signings of the club, some of which could be in place soon.

A rant during the warm-up at Leeds, at half-time and at full-time following the 3-2 defeat.

Barton’s dismay over the decision to allow new boy Yohan Cabaye take all of the corners and free-kicks during the game against Leeds.

And finally the straw that broke the camel’s back with his remarks on Twitter, which caused unrest for the second weekend running within United ranks.

Personally I reckon they'd thank Pardoo for giving it his all in a difficult financial climate and keep him on no matter what. They'd apologise that it's come to relegation, but assure the fans that the club is on a sound enough footing to be able to cope with relegation and not go out of business under the weight of debts, that's all thanks to Mike Ashley's investment and effort.

....like they did last time.

Barton’s dismay over the decision to allow new boy Yohan Cabaye take all of the corners and free-kicks during the game against Leeds.

Barton took plenty of free kicks and corners & the only one Cabaye replaced as a corner taker was Jonas!

Was Ryder even at the game?

Ryder drinking the kool aid

The Chronicle understands there was an uneasy relationship with certain players and staff for months – BEFORE his Twitter rant became the straw which broke the camel’s back in the eyes of the current regime.

Yesterday’s free transfer listing of Barton was not just based on his attack on the Newcastle board via the social networking tool.

It is also believed that Barton and another United player rowed furiously before a Premier League game towards the end of last season, as tensions over the Merseysider’s lack of a new contract offer began polluting the air behind the scenes.

Several dressing room rows towards the end of last season, as well as during pre-season, are also thought to have contributed to the player’s demise on Tyneside.

This culminated with Barton’s Twitter rant against the United board on Sunday, before it was made clear he no longer had a future at St James’ Park.

The Scouser looked clearly disgruntled during the warm-up before the Leeds game.

And it quickly became apparent to eagle-eyed observers from the stands that there was a commotion between Barton and some team members.

But the decision to finally transfer list Barton is understood to have been factored by the following:

The refusal to shake the manager’s hand after being told he hadn’t been appointed captain at Leeds.

The potential to be a bad influence on younger players in the dressing room, with several of the squad still under 21.

The impression created on United’s new signings and future signings of the club, some of which could be in place soon.

A rant during the warm-up at Leeds, at half-time and at full-time following the 3-2 defeat.

And finally the straw that broke the camel’s back with his remarks on Twitter, which caused unrest for the second weekend running within United ranks.

We might need to all put CT on ignore because his response to this is gonna be un-fookin-bearable