Apparently a protest is to be organised

Gene_Clark

Barton probably sees himself as Rosa Parkes II after being hauled off the bus on Sunday, but the fact is many people who've suffered mental health issues and / or addictions reinterpret the world as revolving entirely around them. This monomania is the way they explain their place in the world & often can be characterised by rampant egotism and / or paranoia. Barton is clearly suffering some of that; it isn't an illness, it's just a lack of perspective. Eventually he'll realise he's arsed up, but by then he'll be long away from Tyneside.

however, I genuinely pity those who see Barton as the person round whom to build a protest. He's an arrogant, pampered multi millionaire who was great last year but shit for 3 before that, including 6 months in jail & a lengthy ban, when he took the club's money without a flicker of conscience. Not to mention stinging us for the £300k signing on fee citeh wouldn't pay him.

Ashley is a shitbag, but Barton isn't his polar opposite.

I wouldn't disagree with all of that. However, I'm not sure the protestors you're characterising actually exist beyond a few kids on twitter. I don't think the average fan subscribes to the notion of Joey Barton as martyred saint. I do think he's a lot more down to earth than your average premier league footballer though and I do think he's sorted himself out to a large degree. We didn't win a game without him last season either. He probably should've known better than to make those 'tweets' but at the same time he's probably fucking sick of the state of the club. He's not the problem.

The protests, as ever, will be stillborn.

i agree Barton is a fascinating case & he's made amazing personal progress, but he's a work in progress.

He may not be the problem, but it has all worked out nicely for him.

...and da agent.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Barton has stopped drinking and fighting but a lot of the recent developments have been down to an image consultant.

Good old Joey!

He's professional footballer not one of the Conroys or the Seers; he shouldn't be drinking & fighting anyway.....

I'd also add that when the club hierarchy lie to the manager (or the manager lies on their behalf as that is the only other explanation) and when the best players are being shipped out, then you can't really blame players and their agents for manipulating the situation for their own good. Especially since they aren't fans and have their own careers (quite rightly) as a priority. Some of their methods might (arguably) be a bit Machiavellian but they pale into insignificance on that score when compared to the shit the owner and Llambias get up to.

If the club thinks getting rid of one vocal staff member will solve all theire problems, then we're fucked. The club seems to be rotten and despite what some of the clubs journo's are saying, the atmosphere must be poisonous.

Maybe Pardew should just send Carr scouting with the sole trait of 'yes man'.

Can just see it now.

"Ive been watching you son and I think that youd be ideal for Newcastle, youre young, cheap and have a clause in your contract. Now theres just one last test, if you can just get on your knees for me.."

zzzzzzzip.

Barton has stopped drinking and fighting but a lot of the recent developments have been down to an image consultant.

Good old Joey!

He's professional footballer not one of the Conroys or the Seers; he shouldn't be drinking & fighting anyway.....

;) Or the Sayers.

I'd also add that when the club hierarchy lie to the manager (or the manager lies on their behalf as that is the only other explanation) and when the best players are being shipped out, then you can't really blame players and their agents for manipulating the situation for their own good. Especially since they aren't fans and have their own careers (quite rightly) as a priority. Some of their methods might (arguably) be a bit Machiavellian but they pale into insignificance on that score when compared to the shit the owner and Llambias get up to.

Both sides are toxic and it is pitiful to watch this latest carry on.

Both sides are toxic and it is pitiful to watch this latest carry on.

I know you like to play devil's advocate. Anyway, most other clubs seem to have no problem avoiding this sort of soap opera so I'm going to assume it's down to the people running the show in lieu of evidence to the contrary.

Would you not have held out for money you were contractually owed like? 300k isn't a fortune, there's a principle involved there.

Anyway we all know Barton's past I was his most fierce critic, he's behaved for 2 years and he's basically done nothing that I wouldn't do if I was in his position since then. Deflecting the disgrace that has went on above him, by focussing on what you believe is his egotistical tendencies, in my view brands you as a certified DOILUM.

I take the point about wanting what he contractually was owed, but the fact was he was prepared to sit on his arse until it got paid - similar to his possible future here if no club comes in for him.

If you wish to about contracts then I think we need to be aware of employment law. As a Union branch secretary I know quite a bit about this after dealing with redundancies and disciplinaries in the past however many years.

firstly, his incident in McDonald's ought to have seen him, at best, get a final warning for the catch all reason of bringing employer in to disrepute, which is in every contract & staff code of conduct i've ever seen. consequently behaving himself for 2 years is the minimum we should expect and if you think that his conduct on Twitter has been acceptable then i think you need to inquire as to your shop steward's availability if you're about to launch a barrage of negative publicity about your employer in to cyberspace.

while above him the club is a disgrace, Barton has engineered this situation, either deliberately or accidentally. He is the winner in this as he can now negotiate another fat contract with a new club.

Load of bollocks, I have no doubt if a fair contract offer had been made he'd have stayed here for the rest of his top flight career, he consistently said he needs to put down his roots, cos his birds geordie, the bairns ganna be geordie, and he loves the city. It's like September 11th and you're focussing on WTC7, look at the important issue here, and it's not Barton's misbehaviour.

Good old Joey!

Freddie?

Would you not have held out for money you were contractually owed like? 300k isn't a fortune, there's a principle involved there.

Anyway we all know Barton's past I was his most fierce critic, he's behaved for 2 years and he's basically done nothing that I wouldn't do if I was in his position since then. Deflecting the disgrace that has went on above him, by focussing on what you believe is his egotistical tendencies, in my view brands you as a certified DOILUM.

I take the point about wanting what he contractually was owed, but the fact was he was prepared to sit on his arse until it got paid - similar to his possible future here if no club comes in for him.

If you wish to about contracts then I think we need to be aware of employment law. As a Union branch secretary I know quite a bit about this after dealing with redundancies and disciplinaries in the past however many years.

firstly, his incident in McDonald's ought to have seen him, at best, get a final warning for the catch all reason of bringing employer in to disrepute, which is in every contract & staff code of conduct i've ever seen. consequently behaving himself for 2 years is the minimum we should expect and if you think that his conduct on Twitter has been acceptable then i think you need to inquire as to your shop steward's availability if you're about to launch a barrage of negative publicity about your employer in to cyberspace.

while above him the club is a disgrace, Barton has engineered this situation, either deliberately or accidentally. He is the winner in this as he can now negotiate another fat contract with a new club.

Load of bollocks, I have no doubt if a fair contract offer had been made he'd have stayed here for the rest of his top flight career, he consistently said he needs to put down his roots, cos his birds geordie, the bairns ganna be geordie, and he loves the city. It's like September 11th and you're focussing on WTC7, look at the important issue here, and it's not Barton's misbehaviour.

you obviously didn't read my post as your answer has nothing to do with what i posted.

two further points; referring to women as "birds" is unacceptable and this time last week i was on a tour of San Mames. I'd like to discuss that with you, but unfortunately i won't because of your last post.

just to let you all know, i've put McFaul on ignore, so please don't quote his posts.

thanks

Stupid owld cunt ;)

I've been to San Memes when it's been full of 47,000 fans by the way. Some sight.

just to let you all know, i've put McFaul on ignore, so please don't quote his posts.

thanks

Stupid owld cunt ;)

I've been to San Memes when it's been full of 47,000 fans by the way. Some sight.

Can I quote you on that?

thanks

Stupid owld cunt ;)

Can I quote you on that?

:D bit of a heed the baal this Gene Clarke like by all accounts. How the fuck do you get banned off a nexus travel messageboard??? Sense a bit of the Wyn's aboot this n.

Plastic Paddy as well ;)

100% Irish

Someone dial his mobile number off the Percy Main site and put that theory to the test.

If he sounds like Brad Pitt off Snatch, it's all good.

Plastic Paddy as well ;)

100% Irish

Someone dial his mobile number off the Percy Main site and put that theory to the test.

If he sounds like Brad Pitt off Snatch, it's all good.

not brave enough to dial it yourself i take it.....