Obertan Signs Five Year Deal

McFaul

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah me too :lol:

Manchester United winger Gabriel Obertan has agreed a five-year contract with Newcastle and will complete his move to Tyneside next week.

As revealed in Sportsmail yesterday, Newcastle boss Alan Pardew had targeted the French Under-21 international, who asked to leave Old Trafford in January.

Out of favour: Gabriel Obertan has failed to make an impression at United

Obertan, 22, has discussed personal terms with Newcastle and will sign on Monday for a fee of around £3m.

No thanks. Can anyone remind us of the last time Ferguson sold a good player to an English club? Oh, that's right. Never. (And don't say Tevez, since Tevez was never a Man U player.)

Can't say I'm excited about this. We need strikers, not midfielders.

I'd be surprised if Barton didn't go now. We tried signing Barnetta on £2.50/week plus a bag of haribo, but he turned it down so we opted for Obertan; this means there's room for Ashley to move Barton on and get a top earner off the books.

Pardew has probably gone to Ferguson, "look, you can have Barton, but we need a player to replace him otherwise the fans will absolutely rape me: who's available?"

"Gabriel Obertan"

"....."

"The french one with the massive fucking head"

"... french, right. That'll do Alex, thanks."

Edited by Kevin S. Assilleekunt

If you actually check, he's winger who can also play in the centre of midfield or up front. So tbh, a pretty good signing. Pacey and creative. Thank you v much Man U. Im liking our new look attack so far

If you actually check, he's winger who can also play in the centre of midfield or up front. So tbh, a pretty good signing. Pacey and creative. Thank you v much Man U. Im liking our new look attack so far

Peter Ramage can play anywhere across the back four or as a defensive mid; he's shit in all of these positions. Obertan might be good, but I'll save judgement till he's had a run in our team. I know who I'd rather have out of him and Barton though.