Obertan Signs Five Year Deal

McFaul

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's my opinion. But watching pretty much most games highlights, at times he is so weak. His strength is definitely attacking. I don't dislike him, wish he'd stay. But some mistakes he made should never happen to a defender.

DVD reel of highlights doesnt mean anything. Enrique can make 2,3 mistakes a game and simpson none but still have a better game. So many other factors come into play, such as position sense, when to close, when to attack etc . You ever seen simpson defend? He gives so much more room for the wingers to either find a pass/cross or run at him. But obviously that wont be seen as a mistake in the 'highlights DVD'. For me, he is without a doubt the best player in our team and has been for the last 3 seasons. Most of the oppositions' attacks always come from the opposite side to where he is defending. When or IF he does leave it will be the saddest ive been for ANY player leaving Newcastle Utd since Shearer decided to hang up his boots.

:lol:

Thanks for the self promotion. :lol:

Now bugger off...

His blog linked to the interview where Pardew interview confirming he's had a medical.

http://audioboo.fm/boos/432077-alan-pardew...anding_redirect

Anyone know if it a loan, loan with option to buy or permanent?

A pacey, tricky winger to fill the void left by Barton perhaps?

I think Obertan will be a good signing, adds some much needed depth to the midfield and still young so room to develop. Will probably make a profit on him in two years time when some mid table premiership team flashes the cash. :lol:

Looks better than Guti already. :lol:

Obertan resembles a young Henry, if he'd undergone electroconvulsive therapy since infancy and become fully lobotomized.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSq5DKaLDQeFi89FOFiUgqRISQ9WvRtdLJBJxHQz7OLzDKo1rqx1w

Edited by Park Life

Quite excited about him now. Mate who's a Man Utd fan said today that he's a steal for 3mil. Said he has shown glimmers of what he can do when playing, just doesnt get starts due to the squad. Said also that's he's been electric during pre-season.

Love the thought of : Marveux/jonas. tiote Cabaye obertan

Abeid on the bench.:-)

We've lacked a creative, pacy RM for ages. Last I can think of is maybe Milner who was actually decent.

Another striker pls and I'm happy.

Only repeating what someone said on Thurs night to me, but they said, "if you can keep Ba fit, he will bang them in and could well be an outside shout for golden boot".

Quite excited about him now. Mate who's a Man Utd fan said today that he's a steal for 3mil. Said he has shown glimmers of what he can do when playing, just doesnt get starts due to the squad. Said also that's he's been electric during pre-season.

We've lacked a creative, pacy RM for ages. Last I can think of is maybe Milner who was actually decent.

Only repeating what someone said on Thurs night to me, but they said, "if you can keep Ba fit, he will bang them in and could well be an outside shout for golden boot".

There once was a player called Wayne Fereday who played for us, after his first 45 mins I turned round to my mate and said, 'What a fucking player we have here!' I'd lump that comment in with your pals 'golden boot for Ba' as being one that you'd look back on and think, did I really say that? :lol:

a good signing i think. He has pace and is still young, time to learn and improve. Can't really judge his time at man united, not enough time on the pitch to put consistant performances together.With the signing of Lukaku to chelsea we'd be foolish not to push for sturridge, surely he'd come to us for a season if he'd join Bolton?

Guest Your Name Here
Youtube means fuck all. Anyone can look good with the right clips. Prob find a decent Strola one.

Aye, and by selective youtube standards Obertan’s best bits leave a lot to be desired.

Not tyring to put a downer on the lad, just a sense of reality. If he’s cheap and no other clubs seem interested the odds are against him being up to much.

This lad looks like a top goalscorer

(still haven't worked out how to embed vids on here)

Was very surprised when I looked up Guivarc'h on Wikipedia and it says he only played 4 times for us and scored one goal. Is my memory that cloudy? I thought he started at least 10-15 games for us.

Guest Your Name Here

There once was a player called Wayne Fereday who played for us, after his first 45 mins I turned round to my mate and said, 'What a fucking player we have here!' I'd lump that comment in with your pals 'golden boot for Ba' as being one that you'd look back on and think, did I really say that? :lol:

A good example of jumping the gun, which lots of supporters do now before a new player has kicked a ball for NUFC.

Some players hit the ground running and then fade; others start poorly but find their feet. Or they start well and get better, or start badly and get worse. If Obertan signs we’ll have brought in four players unproven in the PL. Only time will tell if our new look Francophile team will gel or fall to pieces at the first sign of trouble.

I knew we’d stay up last season when we came back against Arsenal. A team that displays that kind of spirit was never going to go down even if it had got dragged into the dogfight. French players tend to be huffy and temperamental. When the going gets tough they’re as likely to sit down in their own penalty box as roll up their sleeves and dig in.

Was very surprised when I looked up Guivarc'h on Wikipedia and it says he only played 4 times for us and scored one goal. Is my memory that cloudy? I thought he started at least 10-15 games for us.

last game spurs (a) oct 98; only goal v liverpool (h) aug 98 iirc

Guest Your Name Here

Sounds about the money. He looked like a fish out of water in the PL and it would have been cruel to put him through any more. If he’d played 15 games he probably have ended up like Hughie Gallagher. As it was he never regained his confidence.