Obertan Signs Five Year Deal

McFaul

He's a fuckin good player, all this bollocks about him not being good enough for Man Utd, he's just never got the run of games he might have. Every time I've seen him he's impressed me, quick, gets the ball in, good dribbler, and thinking about it yesterday, Pardew was saying he rang Ferguson for twitter advice, fuckin Fergie probably doesn't even know how to switch a PC on. I guarantee he rang him about Obertan, he'd be a good signing relatively cheap if we can do a permanent deal. Speaks the right language for wor teams as well.

GTCI

I actually think the same, accepting we are now existing on limited budgets etc [won't go into it again] but the little

I've seen of him, he looks the sort of player you would target. Maybe not good enough for ManU, but I'm fairly sure he's a damn sight better than that knacker Routledge.

Well done :D

it isn't any form of support for Mike Ashley - don't get carried away ..... :D

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Failed the medical. Got his head stuck in the door on the way in. Fire service are on their way according to bbc.

Rumours are rife once more about fone hacking due to the press getting a head start on the fire brigade (I'm old fashioned).

He's a fuckin good player, all this bollocks about him not being good enough for Man Utd, he's just never got the run of games he might have. Every time I've seen him he's impressed me, quick, gets the ball in, good dribbler, and thinking about it yesterday, Pardew was saying he rang Ferguson for twitter advice, fuckin Fergie probably doesn't even know how to switch a PC on. I guarantee he rang him about Obertan, he'd be a good signing relatively cheap if we can do a permanent deal. Speaks the right language for wor teams as well.

GTCI

I actually think the same, accepting we are now existing on limited budgets etc [won't go into it again] but the little

I've seen of him, he looks the sort of player you would target. Maybe not good enough for ManU, but I'm fairly sure he's a damn sight better than that knacker Routledge.

Well done :D

it isn't any form of support for Mike Ashley - don't get carried away ..... :D

Understood loud and clear. :D

GABRIEL Obertan will this morning be unveiled as Newcastle United’s fifth signing of the summer.

The winger is set to join from Manchester United after passing a medical on Tyneside yesterday.

In keeping with all of the Magpies’ additions this summer, Obertan speaks French.

The former Bordeaux player has failed to impress since moving to Manchester United two years ago.

He signed weeks after Cristiano Ronaldo left for Real Madrid, a heavy burden on a player who cost around £77m less. He was never expected to replace the Portuguese, but he nevertheless moves to Tyneside with his potential unfulfilled.

He could now be seen as a replacement for Joey Barton, and although this would also be wrong, he will in part compensate for the loss of the Merseysider’s crosses should he be moved on in the coming weeks. The two are, though, completely different players – one a central midfielder who did a job on the right, the other a genuine winger who can play on either flank or down the middle. It is as a winger, though, that Obertan sees himself.

Barton has not left Newcastle, and has hinted he may not before the transfer window shuts on August 31, but Pardew needs to plan without him after the 28-year-old was put on the transfer list for one criticism too many of the club’s hierarchy, both in the dressing room and, more damagingly, on Twitter.

One of manager Alan Pardew’s main aims this summer was to add more pace to a team which at times looked pedestrian in the last campaign. The 22-year-old certainly fills that criteria.

A graduate of the famous Clairefontaine Academy, Obertan has represented France at every level from Under-16 to Under-21, but is yet to win a senior cap. His addition will mean Pardew has three wingers at his disposal, all of whom can play on either flank.

Good signing, need a striker now. Wouldn't mind if the Pavlychenko rumours are true but I would have thought we need to loose Lovenkrands ,Best or Ranger first

looseloven.jpg

Interview on NUFC TV......Tom!

0,,10278~9872819,00.jpg

lambias.png

Gabriel Obertan has joined Newcastle today on a five-year deal from Barclays Premier League champions Manchester United.

Former French under-21 international Obertan - who scored twice against The Magpies' Reserves in March - has put pen to paper after passing a medical and will go into Alan Pardew's squad for the home game against Arsenal on Saturday.

He made a total of 15 appearances for Manchester United last season and becomes the fifth French-born player to arrive at St. James' Park this summer, following Yohan Cabaye, Demba Ba, Sylvain Marveaux and Mehdi Abeid.

Like Hatem Ben Arfa, the 22-year-old winger is a product of the world-renowned Clairefontaine academy and began his professional career with Bordeaux, making his debut as a 17-year-old.

In July 2009 Sir Alex Ferguson brought him to Old Trafford and during his two seasons with the Red Devils, he was part of last season's title-winning team as well as playing in the Champions League.

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew told nufc.co.uk: "Gabriel is a player I've watched for the last couple of seasons since he arrived at Manchester United.

"He has great pace and excellent technique and he has improved his power in the last 12 months and is ready now to make a real impact in the Premier League.

"I contacted Sir Alex about him early at the start of the summer to see if there was an opportunity to bring him to Newcastle, but it wasn't until Wayne Routledge joined Swansea that we were able to bring him in.

"His best years are ahead of him which is exactly what we want at this club, and with the backing of our magnificent fans I'm sure he will prove an excellent signing for us."

Edited by Christmas Tree

He may have swapped one of the biggest clubs in the world to sign for Newcastle United, but Gabriel Obertan knows that he has joined another of English football's most famous clubs.

Leaving Manchester United for St. James' Park was not too hard a decision for the 22-year-old Frenchman because with the size of their fanbase and their proud history, The Magpies are a huge draw for him.

And added to the potential to play more regularly - he played 15 times in all for Sir Alex Ferguson's side last season - Obertan is happy with the move he has made.

When he spoke to nufc.co.uk moments after putting pen to paper on a five-year contract, the quick and direct winger said: "I spoke with some of my friends and Newcastle is a big club with history in England, so it's a great move.

"I'm just really happy to be here because this is still a big club for me.

"It wasn't really a difficult decision to come here.

"I spent two good years in Manchester but it was a bit difficult with the competition and I really needed a club where I could play more games.

"I know it won't be easy to play each game here, because there's a good group, but I want a fresh start in my football."

And he admitted there's no better place for him to do that than at St. James' Park, with the Toon Army fans a big incentive for a player who played in the Champions League last term.

"I've heard a lot about the fans, the atmosphere, the passion around the club and the way the city is just behind the club 100 per cent," he said.

"So I think I'm going to love it."

Interview on NUFC TV......Tom!

0,,10278~9872819,00.jpg

0,,10278~9871965,00.jpg

Gabriel Obertan has joined Newcastle today on a five-year deal from Barclays Premier League champions Manchester United.

Former French under-21 international Obertan - who scored twice against The Magpies' Reserves in March - has put pen to paper after passing a medical and will go into Alan Pardew's squad for the home game against Arsenal on Saturday.

He made a total of 15 appearances for Manchester United last season and becomes the fifth French-born player to arrive at St. James' Park this summer, following Yohan Cabaye, Demba Ba, Sylvain Marveaux and Mehdi Abeid.

Like Hatem Ben Arfa, the 22-year-old winger is a product of the world-renowned Clairefontaine academy and began his professional career with Bordeaux, making his debut as a 17-year-old.

In July 2009 Sir Alex Ferguson brought him to Old Trafford and during his two seasons with the Red Devils, he was part of last season's title-winning team as well as playing in the Champions League.

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew told nufc.co.uk: "Gabriel is a player I've watched for the last couple of seasons since he arrived at Manchester United.

"He has great pace and excellent technique and he has improved his power in the last 12 months and is ready now to make a real impact in the Premier League.

"I contacted Sir Alex about him early at the start of the summer to see if there was an opportunity to bring him to Newcastle, but it wasn't until Wayne Routledge joined Swansea that we were able to bring him in.

"His best years are ahead of him which is exactly what we want at this club, and with the backing of our magnificent fans I'm sure he will prove an excellent signing for us."

The man on the right is a cocksucker.