The Great British riots

Gene_Clark

2229: Peter Coulter, BBC News Liverpool city centre has gone into lockdown with all shops closed from 6pm. A digger has been used in an attempted robbery of a Post Office in Bootle.

You can say what you like about scousers but you can't knock their ambition. An attempt to steal an entire Post Office is impressive.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, I'm tired and there's been no scrapping and no water cannons so I'm going to bed. Pleased to see that there's been no hint of bother up here anyway.

Gemmill off for his cookies and milk there .

Not a bad idea that. Cuppa tea, Ginger cookies from Sainsbury's (It is an age of austerity after all) and a movie til I fall asleep.

Right, I'm tired and there's been no scrapping and no water cannons so I'm going to bed. Pleased to see that there's been no hint of bother up here anyway.

Gemmill off for his cookies and milk there .

Not a bad idea that. Cuppa tea, Ginger cookies from Sainsbury's (It is an age of austerity after all) and a movie til I fall asleep.

I'm hearin ya like .

Sky News just saying PrettyShitty Green's been done in MCR haha .

No footage and heresay .

Me eyes are hanging out from watching late last night here like - have a safe night fellow citizens .

Expense-fiddling MPs and bankers fucked the economy and a lie was sold that the British working family had to pay for it. A story willingly told by criminal journalists who hacked our phones and by coppers covering it up. I'm not surprised people think fuck you, the whole British establishment looks corrupt right now and while it's blatantly obvious most of the people on the streets haven't worked a day in their lives, it's not exactly been setting an example of how to behave to anyone.

The role of technology as a means of being inspired and organised means these riots might spread further and longer than previous outbreaks of disorder. Be interesting to see how long it lasts. My only access to the internet is my phone and the 3G is iffy so been following on here and the guardian. Appreciated all the links anyway.

Started in Nottingham now. Canning Circus police station fire-bombed.

What the fuck is wrong with these low life cunts? Know a lot of people in Notts and London right now so wishing for their safety. Thankfully it seems the police in Nottingham are on top of it - 8 arrested already.

What the fuck is wrong with these low life cunts? Know a lot of people in Notts and London right now so wishing for their safety. Thankfully it seems the police in Nottingham are on top of it - 8 arrested already.

robin-hood.jpg

Nottingham hoodies?

Well, Granby st is getting mauled in Leicester. My watering hole there has been taken out and apparently nandos is getting done over (cunts)

If they manage to avoid firebombing leicester royal, then i MAY have a job to go to tomorrow!

Hope everyone is well out of harms way like

Saw that on Twitter. Was just about to reciprocate your "hope things are OK" text from yesterday until I remembered the obvious flaw. :icon_lol: Fingers crossed the people and places we both know in the city are fine, anyway. I don't think my bumbling boss is capable of surviving in the wild. The vegan Bavarian lass would probably happily take on all-comers armed with a plank of wood though.