The Great British riots

Gene_Clark

Stevie, honestly, would this country be in a better position if we deported all the blacks?

Shut up you dickhead.

It's a genuine question. You're sterotyping them as lazy cunts who contribute fuck all to society.

So, a yes or no.

I said not all blacks are like this but in South London you need to spend time there to experience what it's like. Of course not all blacks are bad people the same as not all white people are. I've asked a question regarding the ethnicity of these rioters, can you answer it, ignore it, or continue to deliberately misconstrue it?

I don't think that anyone will deny that the majority of people involved in the riots were black, however, it is not an exclusively black problem.

What needs to be analysed here are the factors that led to the rioting in these specific areas. The riots were caused by circumstance rather than race.

Unless you're saying that blacks are predisposed to violence and theft?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will re-post something I saw on Facebook:

1. I'm not surprised. 2. I don't condone violence or damage to property. 3. Most importantly, though, why isn't anyone in the media asking the simple question "why?"?

If the rioters are "mindless thugs" who are "out of their face on drugs and drink" as some people described them today on R4's You and Yours, then why do these people not riot every day? Perhaps people who don't understand the motive for the riots might like to consider that we currently have a global economy which is collapsing; in the UK we have rising unemployment; young people with no hope of any kind of meaningful future; a government determined to erode and eventually replace the welfare state; the gap between the rich and poor larger than at any time since the 1920's(and continuing to grow); and the usual level of corruption in the higher echelons (ie bankers, politicians, police).

Of course in any situation which becomes a riot, there will be people who are there for the looting and violence, but the vast majority of people who start these demonstrations have a point to make and, as usual, nobody wants to listen.

The media, the government and the police move quickly to label demonstrators, and they always have. From the bread riots back in the 17 century to today those with power and money are never very keen on listening to those without.

While Stevie says it's the black question that everyone is too scared to ask (despite it being asked and answered repeatedly) it is blatantly the question of cause that is not being asked.....and where it is, it's being drowned out among the condemnation....which should go without saying really.

And I don't mean cause as in the trigger, which was the shooting. Clearly that was forgotten as a cause after day 1.

Stevie when the people of Scotswood copied the scum from Meadowell that time did you think it was because they were inherently worse than the rest of the people of Tyneside?

No I didn't have an opinion, I was just happy we were allowed away from school at dinner time three days running, that was my prime concern at the time.

You stick up for the West end a lot in general which is fair enough but my point is that unforunately the most deprived areas produce the most "scum" in the sense of people who don't give a fuck,

In London and other cities those areas happen to be the most "ethnic" which is something that should be addressed and as I've said there are some cultural aspects which are at work but in general as I said, deprivation = lack of decency. I think that's a bigger factor than race as it applies in non-racial areas like Tyneside and Glasgow. This goes back to an argument I had with LM a few months ago which got bogged down in racial make-up but I stand by the point that compared to LOndon, Tyneside is very white but shows the same variation in "decency" based on pockets 0f poverty.

We'd had ten years of riots around the country then, different set of circumstances, Tyneside ruined by a tory government, a clear North-South divide, and police brutality that is incomparable to today. I answered your point about the amount of poor black people in London, there are more poor white people in number, so answer my question with that in mind.

My mate made a great point this morning, it was never going to happen here or in Scotland, and everyone knows why, it's just no one likes to admit it. Awful state of affairs when you can't speak your own mind in 2011. It'll only get worse with the amount of PC wankers around sadly. The world needs people like Leazes Mag to ask questions, they'll die out eventually and we'll all be conformist robots with the same opinions and attitudes for fear of offending people.

Stevie, honestly, would this country be in a better position if we deported all the blacks?

Shut up you dickhead.

It's a genuine question. You're sterotyping them as lazy cunts who contribute fuck all to society.

So, a yes or no.

I said not all blacks are like this but in South London you need to spend time there to experience what it's like. Of course not all blacks are bad people the same as not all white people are. I've asked a question regarding the ethnicity of these rioters, can you answer it, ignore it, or continue to deliberately misconstrue it?

I don't think that anyone will deny that the majority of people involved in the riots were black, however, it is not an exclusively black problem.

What needs to be analysed here are the factors that led to the rioting in these specific areas. The riots were caused by circumstance rather than race.

Unless you're saying that blacks are predisposed to violence and theft?

They would be if they weren't so bloody lazy :icon_lol:

Lots of things we can do without tying any of the to a particular political party.

Mandatory public service / national service from 16 - 18

At 18 they can return to further education / work or dole (if dole, benefits only payable on completion of 2 or 3 days a week public service.

A general taking away of benefits for the long term work shy / scoungers

Public floggings every saturday morning of the real scum.

etc etc

BTW, None of it will happen because all politicians have no back bone.

So removing a social safety net and public beatings will make the poorest in society LESS likely to steal?

What will they survive on while they gladly accept their punishment, or are we letting people die on the street?

Remember a social safety net is what makes us a better place to live than third world countries....exactly because poverty stricken scum aren't dying on the streets (for the most part).

I haven't got a racist bone in my body, I've got on with black people and muslims my whole life, I don't look at people differently by what they look like (unless they're ginger), but here's something else lots of people in London I know well will admit, white Londoners in general are the most racist cunts in the country. I think I've discussed that with Meenzer or someone else on here and they agreed. Now I wonder what causes the racism.

Lots of things we can do without tying any of the to a particular political party.

At 18 they can return to further education / work or dole (if dole, benefits only payable on completion of 2 or 3 days a week public service.

etc etc

So removing a social safety net and public beatings will make the poorest in society LESS likely to steal?

What will they survive on while they gladly accept their punishment, or are we letting people die on the street?

Remember a social safety net is what makes us a better place to live than third world countries....exactly because poverty stricken scum aren't dying on the streets (for the most part).

I kind of agree with you both. A social safety net should be just that, a safety net. CT has a point that it is no longer that for a large part of our society but has become a way of life and that is something that both the current and former government has tried to address.

Though trying to resolve that problem in a struggling economy is nigh on impossible.

Problem with CT's theory is that the government has cut public sector jobs and the private sector taking up the slack, the increase in exports by UK companies and so on that was predicted by the government hasn't materialised and shows no sign of doing so at present.

etc etc

Where did I say that then :icon_lol:

Its that sort of reaction from lefty MP's which is why this problem will never get addressed.

I haven't got a racist bone in my body, I've got on with black people and muslims my whole life, I don't look at people differently by what they look like (unless they're ginger), but here's something else lots of people in London I know well will admit, white Londoners in general are the most racist cunts in the country. I think I've discussed that with Meenzer or someone else on here and they agreed. Now I wonder what causes the racism.

They're the most racist because generally they're the most selfish and also because they're exposed to black poverty more than anywhere else in the country. The percentage of blacks in poverty is obviously much greater than among whites.

Poverty and the lower levels of life ambition among the poor needs to be tackled on a whole rather than on racial lines.

etc etc

I kind of agree with you both. A social safety net should be just that, a safety net. CT has a point that it is no longer that for a large part of our society but has become a way of life and that is something that both the current and former government has tried to address.

Though trying to resolve that problem in a struggling economy is nigh on impossible.

spot on

They're the most racist because generally they're the most selfish and also because they're exposed to black poverty more than anywhere else in the country. The percentage of blacks in poverty is obviously much greater than among whites.

Poverty and the lower levels of life ambition among the poor needs to be tackled on a whole rather than on racial lines.

Poverty never made people in Jarrow act like cunts. They were so poor they had no food, so they thought fuck this we'll march to London to raise awareness. Poverty is no excuse for being a cunt. My family were all brought up in Walker saw various recessions, and they're all very, very decent people. I love the way poverty is brought up as a reason for explaining why it's understandable certain groups behave like cunts.

Poverty never made people in Jarrow act like cunts. They were so poor they had no food, so they thought fuck this we'll march to London to raise awareness. Poverty is no excuse for being a cunt. My family were all brought up in Walker saw various recessions, and they're all very, very decent people. I love the way poverty is brought up as a reason for explaining why it's understandable certain groups behave like cunts.

I didn't say it was an excuse but it was a reason.

So what do you think the reason is then? It's just because they're black?

etc etc

Its that sort of reaction from lefty MP's which is why this problem will never get addressed.

"taking away of benefits for the long term work shy / scoungers"

It's a lovely soundbite which no-one could disagree with. Who wants scroungers to be given money? But without the emotive language, what you're saying is, take away money from people. People need money to survive....or they turn to crime.

Of course, taxes used to be much higher...perhaps that could have something to do with the country going to shit?

Problem with CT's theory is that the government has cut public sector jobs and the private sector taking up the slack, the increase in exports by UK companies and so on that was predicted by the government hasn't materialised and shows no sign of doing so at present.

There will always be an excuse Alex, no matter what the economy is like or which government is in power. With regard to imigrants, how many times have we heard the line that they do the work the english wont. The english wont because they can get by on benefits.

Available work and excellent benefits are the reason imigrants come here. Less benefits for the people already here and making the avaialable work the option will reduce claimants and imigrants, both which will benefit an already overcowded island particularly with a bleak economic outlook for decades to come.

That "nice" TORY, whose name escapes me, that has been looking at the benefit system for years and is trying to change it is spot on.

(not a racial point btw).

etc etc

"taking away of benefits for the long term work shy / scoungers"

It's a lovely soundbite which no-one could disagree with. Who wants scroungers to be given money? But without the emotive language, what you're saying is, take away money from people. People need money to survive....or they turn to crime.

Of course, taxes used to be much higher...perhaps that could have something to do with the country going to shit?

See Ewerks point re its no longer a safety net. All sorts of money gets handed out not just for the weekly shop.

I didn't say it was an excuse but it was a reason.

So what do you think the reason is then? It's just because they're black?

There are various possible reasons, it's not just because they're black, people are not born cunts regardless what your skin colour is.

There are various possible reasons, it's not just because they're black, people are not born cunts regardless what your skin colour is.

But you think it's in their culture? Ingrained in their families and societies?

There will always be an excuse Alex, no matter what the economy is like or which government is in power. With regard to imigrants, how many times have we heard the line that they do the work the english wont. The english wont because they can get by on benefits.

Available work and excellent benefits are the reason imigrants come here. Less benefits for the people already here and making the avaialable work the option will reduce claimants and imigrants, both which will benefit an already overcowded island particularly with a bleak economic outlook for decades to come.

That "nice" TORY, whose name escapes me, that has been looking at the benefit system for years and is trying to change it is spot on.

(not a racial point btw).

I'm not sure what you think I'm making an excuse for. I was pointing out that a economic climate with less jobs around means that more unemployed is inevitable. Ignoring party politics it's not really the time to decrease the amount of people on benefits, in fact it's absolutely inevitable that the amount of people on them will increase. To get back to party politics the government's policies clearly aren't working in the way they are because the economy hasn't responded to their policies in the way they said it would. Hate to say I told you so...

It's one point of view.

See Ewerks point re its no longer a safety net. All sorts of money gets handed out not just for the weekly shop.

Of course...it gets handed to banks too so they don't go under...it goes to subsidise car companies to encourage business to our regions...it goes to the wealthy in the form of tax cuts and many more. That sort of government handout isn't called scrounging though....just ensuring the well being of the citizenry. Perhaps investing in the poor should be similarly viewed as an exercise in not getting the country smashed up?

In 1974 the top-rate of income tax increased to its highest rate since the war, 83%. This combined with a 15% surcharge on 'un-earned' income could add to a 98% marginal rate of personal income tax. In 1974, as many as 750,000 people were liable to pay the top-rate of income tax. Margaret Thatcher, who favoured indirect taxation, reduced personal income tax rates during the 1980s. In the first budget after her election victory in 1979, the top rate was reduced from 83% to 60%. The top rate of income tax was cut to 40% in the 1988 budget.

The basic rate was cut from 33% to 30%. The basic rate was also cut for three successive budgets - to 29% in the 1986 budget, 27% in 1987 and to 25% in 1988.

Someone in this thread said the rioters were greedy and selfish. Those sort of tax gifts to the wealthy seem selfish to me. Ensuring the wealthy keep what they have and the poor get none.

carolinecheese Caroline Cheese

BBC says 1st person in dock at Highbury Mag Ct today was a 31-year-old teacher. She pleaded guilty to looting of Richer Sounds in Croydon

It's one point of view.

Is it your point of view?

I think it's certainly part of the problem. Though I don't think it's exclusive to the black community.