Sam Allardyce

Tooj

Has there ever been a bigger arsehole in football than this man?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...am-winners.html

'They were desperate to sell Blackburn for many, many years and my satisfaction comes from the fact that I created so much interest in the club again,' he says. 'I know it sounds like I'm blowing my own trumpet but I might as well. Mourinho does it all the time and everyone loves him.

'I created such a vibrant football club that there were four or five who wanted to buy it, having never shown any interest before. I was producing profit with results.'

'But the proof of the pudding is what happens to a football club when you leave. What happened to Limerick when I left? They went down. What happened to Blackpool when I left? They went down. What happened to Notts County? They went down. What happened to Bolton? They nearly got relegated. What happened to Newcastle? ted. What happened to Blackburn? They nearly got relegated.'

But how did he persuade Nolan to even consider dropping down a division? 'I think it's past history,' he says. 'Kevin was bitterly disappointed that I didn't take him to Newcastle. It was virtually impossible at the time because of the animosity between me and Phil Gartside (Bolton chairman). If I'd tried to buy him the price would have been £12million, simply because it was me.

'I thought I only had an outside chance of getting him here but I was aware there was a bit of discontent because of what appeared, from a distance, to be Newcastle's lack of appreciation towards him. But I think our past relationship counted for a lot. I was the manager, at Bolton who really started him off, brought him through. So there's some mutual respect there, built over those years.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, lets get this right. What he is saying is he goes to a club and then leaves before they get relegated. Fucking hell, West Ham must be looking forward to that :lol:

'They were desperate to sell Blackburn for many, many years and my satisfaction comes from the fact that I created so much interest in the club again,' he says. 'I know it sounds like I'm blowing my own trumpet but I might as well. Mourinho does it all the time and everyone loves him.

'I created such a vibrant football club that there were four or five who wanted to buy it, having never shown any interest before. I was producing profit with results.'

'But the proof of the pudding is what happens to a football club when you leave. What happened to Limerick when I left? They went down. What happened to Blackpool when I left? They went down. What happened to Notts County? They went down. What happened to Bolton? They nearly got relegated. What happened to Newcastle? ted. What happened to Blackburn? They nearly got relegated.'

But how did he persuade Nolan to even consider dropping down a division? 'I think it's past history,' he says. 'Kevin was bitterly disappointed that I didn't take him to Newcastle. It was virtually impossible at the time because of the animosity between me and Phil Gartside (Bolton chairman). If I'd tried to buy him the price would have been £12million, simply because it was me.

'I thought I only had an outside chance of getting him here but I was aware there was a bit of discontent because of what appeared, from a distance, to be Newcastle's lack of appreciation towards him. But I think our past relationship counted for a lot. I was the manager, at Bolton who really started him off, brought him through. So there's some mutual respect there, built over those years.

Some people buy his patter, though. As for comparing himself to Mourinho? Well he's a few trophies to go before he can do that, (and not just with the likes of a super rich club, he came to Chelsea's attention after winning it with Porto).

It was quite amazing the amount of complete and utter cretins, completely out of touch with events at NUFC, who linked our relegation to Ashley sacking Sham. If we'd been mid table when he was sacked and then crashed down the league and got relegated I'd have said they had a point, but we'd had a year of KK after he left and were in at least a better, if not better, position when they fucked KK off. It's bad enough when Joe Public from Essex, (Talksport listener, great show Adrian), thinks Sham's sacking lead to our demise, but when the shyster himself believes it? :D

Obviously I can't "prove" it, but one of my strongest beliefs in football is that we would have been relegated in 2008 if he hadn't been sacked - that team/squad was in dire shape confidence wise when Keegan took over and people who think Allardyce would have used his "nous" to scrape the points required are fucking deluded in my view. Of course the let-off was then negated by further Ashley stupidity but that's by the by.

I've always sort of had a soft spot for West Ham despite off the field dodginess but I really, really want them to fail this year so that more people can see the football murdering bastard for what he is.

Good start today.

He did alright at Blackburn, but his 'Anti-football' was not popular, and was devisive amongst fans. Newcastle was definately the wrong club for him, as you guys have such fond memories of Keegan and Sir Bobby. Percentage football isn't in the club's nature, and he made some crap signings/tactical decisions. Sam's ego won't allow him to see the truth that he's best suited to teams that have no money and want to scrap and battle to a result at all costs and stay in a league or get promoted.

Interesting to see that the equally experienced Tony Pulis is now trying to add a bit of flair to Stoke after a few seasons of being the new Allardyce. He's gone for Palacios for example. Sam never had such a plan for any of his teams.

Obviously I can't "prove" it, but one of my strongest beliefs in football is that we would have been relegated in 2008 if he hadn't been sacked - that team/squad was in dire shape confidence wise when Keegan took over and people who think Allardyce would have used his "nous" to scrape the points required are fucking deluded in my view.

We were going down under Fat Sam; we were 8th when he left but we had picked up lucky points and had been dog shite. I can't recall all the games and can't be bothered to look but I do remember an awful game against Wigan which we won late on with an Owen goal. It was about the 4th game we'd drawn or won having been complete rubbish.

Obviously I can't "prove" it, but one of my strongest beliefs in football is that we would have been relegated in 2008 if he hadn't been sacked - that team/squad was in dire shape confidence wise when Keegan took over and people who think Allardyce would have used his "nous" to scrape the points required are fucking deluded in my view.

We were going down under Fat Sam; we were 8th when he left but we had picked up lucky points and had been dog shite. I can't recall all the games and can't be bothered to look but I do remember an awful game against Wigan which we won late on with an Owen goal. It was about the 4th game we'd drawn or won having been complete rubbish.

The run of fixtures in the new year which Keegan obviously had to pick up was horrific - Man U twice, Liverpool away, Arsenal etc etc - I know we didn't actually get any points from them with KK but at least there were some green shoots which then emerged when we played lesser teams - games Allardyce would have done a Derby for.

He did alright at Blackburn, but his 'Anti-football' was not popular, and was devisive amongst fans. Newcastle was definately the wrong club for him, as you guys have such fond memories of Keegan and Sir Bobby. Percentage football isn't in the club's nature, and he made some crap signings/tactical decisions. Sam's ego won't allow him to see the truth that he's best suited to teams that have no money and want to scrap and battle to a result at all costs and stay in a league or get promoted.

Interesting to see that the equally experienced Tony Pulis is now trying to add a bit of flair to Stoke after a few seasons of being the new Allardyce. He's gone for Palacios for example. Sam never had such a plan for any of his teams.

A defensive midfielder? :D

Now that Allardyce has gone to West Hem, and half of Fleet Street supports West Hem, the cockney press will stop sucking his arse and realise what we also have realised.

And I also hope the cockney bastards are relegated again.

hes solid going forward, not an out and out DM for me, he could bomb on a lot at wigan

I thought Pearson took one of the Man U games, the 6-0?

Yes - first league match post-sacking I think and I don't think Allardyce would have done better given it was his so called game plan Pearson used but my point was more that a shit team was heading for a lot of defeats even if he'd stayed minus the Keegan factor which won through in the end.

If there's anyone on the planet apart from the deluded cunt himself that thinks he's a better manager than Keegan and so would have got more points from that run and till the end of the season then I think they're idiots to put it mildly.

hes solid going forward, not an out and out DM for me, he could bomb on a lot at wigan

I was probably thinking of Valencia, the other ex-Wigan midfielder. Palacios doesn't strike me as some sort of David Batty destroyer though, which is what Sam would want in that position. He seems to have a bit of finesse and skill.

I disliked him before he took over at ours and now I hate him after what he did. Shit signings, shit tactics, shit football and I agree he would've taken us down if he hadn't been sacked. He's a snake oil salesman - he talks a good game but his sole aim is to stop the oppo playing and nick a goal at a set piece from a big lad. The tactical genius who got ua a defeat against Derby, the worst team in PL history. And all that sports science crap is just a smokescreen for what a terrible manager he actually is, the great big balloon headed arsehole. If it wasn't for his mates on telly and in the press he'd have been run out of town a long time ago but as it is he keeps popping up like a coldsore.

I was probably thinking of Valencia, the other ex-Wigan midfielder. Palacios doesn't strike me as some sort of David Batty destroyer though, which is what Sam would want in that position. He seems to have a bit of finesse and skill.

nah valencia is the winger who plays for Man u, you were thinking of the right guy spurs bought him as a stopper but thats not really his bag, hes got a proper engine on him bags of stamina but not great technically in either discipline imo, can tackle can pass and play forward but not a star at either, decent player though

I class Stan Collymore as a bigger arsehole, but that's it.