Sam Allardyce

Tooj

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has there ever been a bigger arsehole in football than this man?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...am-winners.html

'They were desperate to sell Blackburn for many, many years and my satisfaction comes from the fact that I created so much interest in the club again,' he says. 'I know it sounds like I'm blowing my own trumpet but I might as well. Mourinho does it all the time and everyone loves him.

'I created such a vibrant football club that there were four or five who wanted to buy it, having never shown any interest before. I was producing profit with results.'

'But the proof of the pudding is what happens to a football club when you leave. What happened to Limerick when I left? They went down. What happened to Blackpool when I left? They went down. What happened to Notts County? They went down. What happened to Bolton? They nearly got relegated. What happened to Newcastle? ted. What happened to Blackburn? They nearly got relegated.'

But how did he persuade Nolan to even consider dropping down a division? 'I think it's past history,' he says. 'Kevin was bitterly disappointed that I didn't take him to Newcastle. It was virtually impossible at the time because of the animosity between me and Phil Gartside (Bolton chairman). If I'd tried to buy him the price would have been £12million, simply because it was me.

'I thought I only had an outside chance of getting him here but I was aware there was a bit of discontent because of what appeared, from a distance, to be Newcastle's lack of appreciation towards him. But I think our past relationship counted for a lot. I was the manager, at Bolton who really started him off, brought him through. So there's some mutual respect there, built over those years.

I class Stan Collymore as a bigger arsehole, but that's it.

Whenever I hear Collymore, it's as if some invisible Alien comes up to me and sticks a huge syringe in my arm and starts sucking out all the energy I have. He's a super Brummie, the rest are merely boring, but he's the top boring brummie banana, apart from the fact he talks shite about things he has little knowledge of, (I'm talking Stanley's NUFC musings here), he could be spot on about everything he said and you'd still switch off. Imagine being stuck on a desert Island with him? A few months and you'd be eating the cunt for your tea alongside any veg you could forage. Then again, if I had a gun I'd make him change his name to Friday and forbid him on pain of death from ever speaking again.

How he got a job on the box/radio is a complete mystery to me, like.

Edited by Howmanheyman

can you imagine going to an interview and proudly proclaiming that every company you ever left went bust? :D any part of west ham from the board down to the fans must be cringing and panicking at what's in store

jesus wept

I can't remember who it was (somebody on here) but my favourite thing said about him was that he's got a head like a box of crisps. :D

That could have been me. I've been astonished by the size of his head for years when he is in the studio. I just cant stop staring at the sheer scale of it.

"Mr. Allardyce, don't you think it is actually a terrible reflection on your management of those clubs, that they've all sacked you after falling to such depths?"

Jabba-The-Hutt-star-wars-creatures-3636288-432-277.jpg

HOW DARE YOU. I SHOULD BE MANAGING REAL MADRID, WHERE I WOULD WIN THE LEAGUE EVERY YEAR, BECAUSE I AM THE GREATEST MANAGER IN THE UNIVERSE.

"Mr. Allardyce, don't you think it is actually a terrible reflection on your management of those clubs, that they've all sacked you after falling to such depths?"

Jabba-The-Hutt-star-wars-creatures-3636288-432-277.jpg

HOW DARE YOU. I SHOULD BE MANAGING REAL MADRID, WHERE I WOULD WIN THE LEAGUE EVERY YEAR, BECAUSE I AM THE GREATEST MANAGER IN THE UNIVERSE.

:D

• 2 months later...

I was pleased with the appointment but despised the fucker by the time he went. Even with people like Souness I kind of understood what we were trying to do/how we were trying to play. With Big Sam though, not a fucking clue. The big problem was, the players looked confused by the whole thing as well. He fucked up here and lost the plot for what ever reason. The big problem we have is that since they kissed and made up the BBC have been touting him as one of the greatest British managers ever, even rewriting history to the point that you'd have thought he had us in a CL place scoring 6 or 7 every game when he was 'disgracefully' sacked. I've nowt against West Ham, but I hope they crash and burn under this twat.

Edited by sweetleftpeg

The big problem we have is that since they kissed and made up the BBC have been touting him as one of the greatest British managers ever, even rewriting history to the point that you'd have thought he had us in a CL place scoring 6 or 7 every game when he was 'disgracefully' sacked.

Precisely. He's won fuck all (I'm not counting second division championships and the like). He's been at one big club and fucked up royally. Him talking about the England manager job is laughable.

What a shambles of a man, I missed that corker about him using an example of every club he'd ever left either getting relegated or facing relegation only that man could turn it into a positive I'd say it's fair enough if you got them to the dizzying heights and then they went shite a few year after you left but to be struggling that soon only points to one thing Sam.

The England stuff is depressing because you know he'll be in the frame for the job and have a somewhat decent shot at getting it especially as someone pointed out the BBC have a love obsession with him for some reason. Agree with Ewerk in that it will finally expose him for all these dickends that spout about how we were mugs to sack him (even though we're higher now than we ever were under him and playing far better football) when he starts Davies and Heskey up front in a competitive game, the major downside would be we'd have to hear him warble on a lot more than we do now and of course when England sack him it wouldn't be his fault.

• 5 months later...

Yeah, glad to see it happen. Got a couple of West 'Ammm supporting mates who despise the bloke for exactly the same reasons as we did. What's more, they're paying top half Premier League wages so they might be fooked if they don't go up

"I look at the business, I look at the model and I re-invent and re-create it to excite and to fulfil people's ambitions and dreams

Sam Allardyce, Football Focus, 31/03/12

:lol:

his latest comments on the BBC sport page just show what a retard the bloke is, everyone else thinks he's a cunt and a shit manager, yet he thinks he's the best thing since sliced bread

this line kinda sums it up

Allardyce's sides have previously attracted criticism over their style of play and the 57-year-old blamed the media and his previous team's successes for the criticism of his tactics.

Edited by sandman02uk

In roster comparisons West Ham are the Real madrid of the Championship... what was that you were saying about managing Real Madrid Sam?

• 2 years later...

Big Sam blames Newcastle for his career stalling.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sam-allardyce-reveals-three-players-7945130#rlabs=2

He added: “It ended up where I couldn’t get that bigger or better club, so I think there must have been something in my career that stopped me.

“I think it was Newcastle."

:lol:

I think the reason may have been a little closer to home, Samuel.