Erik Pieters

Barney

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@lee_ryder

Lee Ryder

Pieters tells PSV Eindhoven he wants to leave - NUFC Latest News - Newcastle United from @EveningChron: bit.ly/o7eo4R via @AddThis

NEWCASTLE United target Erik Pieters has told PSV Eindhoven he wants to quit the Dutch side following a bid from the Magpies - according to reports in Holland this morning.

The left-back has been primed as Jose Enrique's replacement following the Spaniard's departure to Liverpool.

However, talk in Holland this morning suggest that PSV's technical director has asked for more time to consider Newcastle's bid.

Pieters was dropped from PSV's last game but made a second half appearance in front of Toon chief scout Graham Carr against AZ Alkmaar, which Sir Bobby Robson's old side lost 3-1.

After the game Pieters stormed out of the dressing room and told local reporters he was "seriously considering" quitting the club and it is understood that has been followed up with a request to leave before the transfer window shuts.

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-u...r#ixzz1UoNpHPrj

Edited by Christmas Tree

@CaulkinTheTimes

George Caulkin

Told last night that #NUFC were waiting for Pieters go-ahead before sanctioning Enrique to #LFC. Should find out more from Pardew in a bit.

That'd be a first!

Cabaye - Nolan?

Nah, Cabaye wasn't bought with Nolan was leaving in mind. They are nothing like each other* and if Nolan had stayed he would largely be used as a forward.

*Cabaye is a box to box midfielder bought in to help control the pace of game through passing/possession. Similar to Rob lee I guess.

Sounds like Pieters is having a bit of a Barton at PSV.

What's the bet it doesn't result in PSV declaring that he can leave for free?

Can you pop that in the shite machine CT and give it a spin for me please...

Edited by OzToonFan

Sounds like Pieters is having a bit of a Barton at PSV.

What's the bet it doesn't result in PSV declaring that he can leave for free?

Can you pop that in the shite machine CT and give it a spin for me please...

Certainly :icon_lol: just post a few of Pieters twitter rants in and we'll compare them.......I'l wait :lol:

blyme thats abit quick in it

happens a lot on wikipedia deaders, it doesnt mean anything though its not like pardews sat there editing wiki pages

it seems as if where offloading all our top players who did well and also because there nearly 30 and most probably are on high wages

In light of the news that the first team squad has suddenly agreed the bonus scheme offered by the board, I suspect the players who have been shipped out were the ones who refused to agree to the bonus scheme with Enrique being the last dissenter!

PSV full-back Erik Pieters has played down rumours linking him with a move to Newcastle.

Following the sale of left-back Jose Enrique to Liverpool on Friday, Magpies boss is Alan Pardew is openly in the market for a replacement.

Speculation has since linked the Tyneside club with Pieters, who has replaced Giovanni van Bronckhorst as first-choice left-back for the Dutch national team.

However, the 23-year-old has distanced himself from the rumours, insisting that his club may not want to sell and that following the death of his grandmother his mind is currently not on football matters.

"I am not focused on football right now, only my family counts," Pieters told AD Sportwereld.

"Moreover, there must first be serious discussions with Newcastle and PSV must be willing to let me go."

Sky Sports

We have some shit luck at times :lol:

I'm honestly not surprised that the management has shot our club in the foot. Again.

are you suggesting we've deliberatley gone after a player who has recently had a family member die so we can postpone a payout til the window closes?

I'm honestly not surprised that the management has shot our club in the foot. Again.

are you suggesting we've deliberatley gone after a player who has recently had a family member die so we can postpone a payout til the window closes?

I'm suggesting that it's pretty stupid to have sold our only viable LB a mere 2 days before our opening match, without securing a replacement first.

I'm suggesting that it's pretty stupid to have sold our only viable LB a mere 2 days before our opening match, without securing a replacement first.

this is true

this is true

This is NUFC....Not just any NUFC....FMA's NUFC.

TBF this is anything but a no I won't go there but its obviously not sorted which it should have been before we sold ricky. Any club that was being run for any sort of footballing reasons would never have allowed this to drag on and would never have allowed themselves to be without a leftback for the first game of the season.

We'll probably end up with no one and then they'll be blaming ricky for not telling them he wanted to go so they had insufficient time to replace him. We should have held onto him until a replacement was signed, if we couldn't sign one and had to piss him off and lose out on the £6m then so be it.

But we all know we arn't run this way!

Not really bothered about Pieters, anyone ive heard says hes decent defensively, but close to useless offensively. A dutch mate of mine said he was nowhere near worth the 4-5m hes rumoured to cost. Id rather have Mbengue or someone whos actually gotten glowing reports lately. I hear that Enrique fellow is a good player.

Not really bothered about Pieters, anyone ive heard says hes decent defensively, but close to useless offensively. A dutch mate of mine said he was nowhere near worth the 4-5m hes rumoured to cost. Id rather have Mbengue or someone whos actually gotten glowing reports lately. I hear that Enrique fellow is a good player.

See, also from a dutch mate, Pieters is similar to Riise.

Strong defensively, likes to get forward and a good left foot. Hard worker too.

10 caps for Holland says it all really. Well worth 5mil+ imho.

Do you think Enrique was that good?

I thought he took too many chances and made the wrong decision on several occasions I know he was to blame for a few goals last season.

Not the best we have ever had John Blacklie or was it Brownlie on the left.

Clarke Craig

Kennedy Nattrass

Anyway sad he has gone but in the life of an NUFC fan its that time again...................... Charge, new season is here. Meet up have some beers, put the world to rights, watch the match, have a few more beers, become the best manager / player in the world (woor team selection never gets beat) have a kebab and home happy, regardless until Monday.