Erik Pieters

Barney

Find it strange that an agent doesnt know the figures involved... I thought this was his job to get the deal sorted!

Its not really his place is it? I mean transfer fee is between clubs. The selling club pays a % to the player and agent.....hence not knowin "exactly" what the figures are.

Really hope this gets done and dusted this afternoon or thmora.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Expect Pieters to sign a new contract for PSV on improved money shortly.

Always the cynic ay?

I reckon this could get nailed before the Fulham game.

It's hard not to be cynical with the current lot in charge. Apparently we're also signing Cissoko and an Italian bloke called Santos. So we'll have 3 left backs plus Perch and Raylor in reserve by the Fulham game :razz:

What do you base your prediction on out of interest?

Expect Pieters to sign a new contract for PSV on improved money shortly.

Always the cynic ay?

I reckon this could get nailed before the Fulham game.

It's hard not to be cynical with the current lot in charge. Apparently we're also signing Cissoko and an Italian bloke called Santos. So we'll have 3 left backs plus Perch and Raylor in reserve by the Fulham game :D

What do you base your prediction on out of interest?

Santon :razz:

His Dutch mate is an ITK, or so I hear.

Fuck off tecato. Joining the little bitch fest are you?

My mate who is from holland got it wrong. Move on.

Kitman...Basically if the agent is to be beleived and a deal is close then surely the club would be trying to get this nailed for the weekend?

Deano man, the club has been getting a LB and a ST in for a month now, they are full of shit. If his agent doesnt know the details then MA has probably offered about 50% of what the club are looking for, as per usual. Same with Maiga, same with Erding, same with Cissokho, same with every other player weve tried to get our names linked with in the press

Kitman...Basically if the agent is to be beleived and a deal is close then surely the club would be trying to get this nailed for the weekend?

We'll see. All our transfer activity lately has been fraught with difficulty. The trickiest aspect has actually been agreeing a fee with selling clubs, something we don't seem to have done yet with PSV. I also find it strange we're reported as making a concrete offer for Cissoko if we're serious about this transfer. As ever the tea leaves are hard to read but I'm not taking it as read yet just because the agent is talking it up.

Why should a club sell a player for less than their asking price? They owe us nothing.

I get the impression that the favourite tactic of our lot is to unsettle a player, eventually pushing him reluctantly out of the selling club's door.

Which is great if it works. What goes around comes around as well...

We'll see. All our transfer activity lately has been fraught with difficulty. The trickiest aspect has actually been agreeing a fee with selling clubs, something we don't seem to have done yet with PSV. I also find it strange we're reported as making a concrete offer for Cissoko if we're serious about this transfer. As ever the tea leaves are hard to read but I'm not taking it as read yet just because the agent is talking it up.

I understand what your saying mate. If other dealings are anything to go by then there is genuine reason to doubt the validity of what his agent is saying.

To me it sounds like a deal is almost done. First bit of positive news regarding Pieters for a week or so. At least we have direct quotes rather than shit just being reported.

I agree with the Cissokho thing though. Its gotta be one or the other. Cissokho is the better player but would cost a canny bit more than Pieters.

The sooner this is sewn up the fuckin better....like the Jose saga, this is draggin on.

fee agreed for Pieters according to twitter itk's.....which would be nice.

What Twitter ITK's?

@Craignic

Not an ITK, but hear a bit via the coaching world and good at putting 2 & 2 together! A primary school teacher by day and a UEFA A Licence

CraigynicCraig

Have also just been told that's its nonsense; and that nufc haven't bid as much as £6m. Sorry, the wait goes on #badgrapevine

43 minutes agoFavoriteRetweetReply

CraigynicCraig

Reports doing the rounds (and not just from Colin) that £6m has been accepted by PSV for Erik Pieters. Waiting for club confirmation #nufc

Hes now posting links to newsnow on twitter :razz:

Yes but don't forget the new toilets they just installed at the training ground. They took a big chunk of that 6m. Then there's the interior decorator fee.

And don't discount our £20M free signing Demba Ba, who thus far looks worth every penny.

Yes but don't forget the new toilets they just installed at the training ground. They took a big chunk of that 6m. Then there's the interior decorator fee.

And don't discount our £20M free signing Demba Ba, who thus far looks worth every penny.

Well he has been so fucking poor so far he can only get better.

He's still better than Perch! Don't forget that Ba has yet to achieve a scoring record as a Newcastle player of -1.

Edited by DragonFilet

I often wonder how these transfer negotiations go.

Lambarse: How much do you want for Pieters?

PSV: £7m

Lambarse: We'll give you £5m

PSV: No, £7m or no deal

Lambarse: £5m. Last offer.

How is it still rumbling on?

The impression I get is that usually there's just a fax or email with an offer. Presumably if it's accepted there will be negotiations about the finer details - when to pay, sell on clause, add on amounts etc etc - but the proposition is quite straightforward unless a player exchange is involved. Once that's sorted then you have to sort the player's new contract.

We don't seem to have got past the stage of making an acceptable offer for our latest targets. If indeed we've made offers at all. Unless, as others have suggested, we're doing it back to front and agreeing the player's contract in principle before their current club has even got wind of our interest?