The Search for a Striker........Chapter 11

Christmas Tree

Alan Pardew: New striker search in full swing

ALAN PARDEW today admitted that the search for a striker was now in full swing.

Talking ahead of the capture of Manchester United winger Gabriel Obertan, Pardew’s prediction that the first two weeks of August would result in him adding to his squad look likely to come to fruition.

The Chronicle revealed that Obertan was on Pardew’s radar on August 4, with the player now hoping to be involved in Saturday night’s clash with Arsenal.

Pardew is keeping his cards close to his chest as usual on the striker front, with one his previous targets in Mevlut Erding today linked with a move to Obertan’s old club Bordeaux.

And there is also emphasis on the left-back slot too, with PSV Eindhoven’s Erik Pieters also linked with United.

However, Pardew was keen to reflect on Obertan for now.

He said: “At this stage we are pleased to be adding Gabriel to the squad.

“I have had my eye on him for a number of months. Having spoken to Sir Alex Ferguson I feel he is right for us now.

“We needed to add to the squad. Having lost Wayne Routledge there was a free squad place and I’m delighted we’ve got him.”

Pardew hopes that Obertan will have fans off their seats at St James’ Park.

He said: “I think there is more to come from Gabriel and he’s in a good situation. The fans have an exciting player to look out for.”

Meanwhile, it is understood Chris Hughton and Birmingham City have been told they must find a cash bid if they want to sign Nile Ranger.

The Blues – who lost 2-1 to Derby in their opener – had wanted to sign the Londoner on loan.

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-u.../#ixzz1UXMTnUVd

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least we are moving in the right direction with the quality of players being brought in. Also Pardew knows another striker is a priority, having Shola and Lovenkrands/ Best as 3rd and 4th choice isn't too bad. I reckon 4-3-3 will be how we line up anyway with BA down the middle

Guest Your Name Here
Now in full swing? we've needed one since last year ffs let alone after carroll

Last month Pardew claimed he was ahead of the game in his striker search.

To be fair Pardew never mentions his search for a striker once in this report.

NUFC should do an X-Factor type striker search, with judges such as CT, Stevie and D'MAN.

CT: "Thank you for coming, but it's a no from me. Or maybe that could be a yes."

Stevie: "It's a no for me, ya mug"

D'MAN: "hehehe its no for me you cuntface cockney twat lol"

NUFC should do an X-Factor type striker search, with judges such as CT, Stevie and D'MAN.

CT: "Thank you for coming, but it's a no from me. Or maybe that could be a yes."

D'MAN: "hehehe its no for me you cunterhead cockney twat lol"

fyp

D'MAN: "hehehehe no mate ure only a 60 on fifa so its no from me"

fyp

fyp

Stevie: "Whey ya cunt, ye no Leighton Baines. I knew aa was ganin to say that like."

D'MAN: "hehehehe no mate ure only a 60 on fifa so its no from me"

fyp

fyp

fyp

D'MAN: "hehehe its no for me you cuntface cockney twat lol"

:icon_lol:

ALAN Pardew is pressing for a domestic-based striker to take the Newcastle number nine this season.

The Toon boss has presented a hit-list to Toon board that includes Arsenal’s unwanted Nicklas Bendtner and Wigan striker Hugo Rodallega – and is urging Newcastle’s power brokers to break the bank to give him the goal power he craves.

The club are looking at Continental alternatives and are in contact with Paris Saint Germain about Mevlut Erdinc, who is not in the picture in the French capital.

Pardew is pressing for an English-based striker – and has recommended Bendtner and Rodallega to the board.

The club held discussions about Bendtner last week but there are reservations about his attitude and his wages would be prohibitive.

United are also unlikely to pounce for Bayer Leverkusen striker Eren Derdiyok, and have also counted themselves out of any move for Ajax forward Miralem Sulejmani after being quoted eight figures for the Serbian. Meanwhile, Newcastle have also been offered Manchester United young guns Mame Biram Diouf and Federico Macheda, but the club are gunning higher with their striker targets.

Meanwhile, Newcastle managing director Derek Llambias has acknowledged the need for further reinforcements.

Writing in his programme notes ahead of last night’s opening Premier League clash with Arsenal, Llambias said: “We are delighted with the business that we have conducted in the transfer market this summer, and we added further quality to our squad this week with the signing of Gabriel Obertan from Manchester United.

“Gabriel is an exciting player and along with the likes of Yohan Cabaye, Demba Ba, Sylvain Marveaux and Mehdi Abeid, we have every right to be pleased with our transfer activity so far.

“They are top-quality players who will hopefully make a big impression here, and added to the quality we already have at the club, we are all very excited about the coming months.

“But we are fully aware of the need to add further players to our squad and we will be working hard to try and bring the right kind of players in before the transfer window shuts in 18 days.”

Why the fuck have we waited so long to sort this out? We're talking about targets in the Premier League now - the season has started now, dickheads. Good luck convincing managers and owners that now is a good time to start selling strikers (at least not strikers that are any good). There's only NUFC that are stupid enough to do this sort of thing.

Why the fuck have we waited so long to sort this out? We're talking about targets in the Premier League now - the season has started now, dickheads. Good luck convincing managers and owners that now is a good time to start selling strikers (at least not strikers that are any good). There's only NUFC that are stupid enough to do this sort of thing.

Cos every one keeps turning us down??????

Gameiro, Gervino, Erdinc etc etc

Cant see why we dont just get Bellamy on loan.

Because he said last week while in the USA he would never come back to us.

We weren't serious about signing any of those players, man. The money Arsenal spent on Gervinho, we were NEVER in the chase for him at that price. And I was told by someone at the club that the gap between our valuation of Erdinc and PSG's was a fucking chasm, although PSG say we never even bid. Either way, we haven't even come close to signing a striker yet this summer and the season has started.

Anyway, all of the above were dead in the water ages ago. Even if we were genuinely after those players (and we weren't), why the fuck haven't we turned our attentions elsewhere and sorted something out.

How you just lap this stuff up is beyond me.

We've valued Erding about right, PSG are having a laugh. He's a nice player and strong but not that good.

Some business is best left to the end of the window. Players you desperately want to keep/sought after (e.g. Nasri) will inflate in price (or hold their high valuation). In the same way, players that are surplus and/or moving into the final year of a contract can be picked up more cheaply. Leaving it late is a way of trying to get more value out of the market.

We've valued Erding about right, PSG are having a laugh. He's a nice player and strong but not that good.

Some business is best left to the end of the window. Players you desperately want to keep/sought after (e.g. Nasri) will inflate in price (or hold their high valuation). In the same way, players that are surplus and/or moving into the final year of a contract can be picked up more cheaply. Leaving it late is a way of trying to get more value out of the market.

So we can look forward to a bargain buy of someone that nobody wants on deadline day then? :lol: