The Search for a Striker........Chapter 11

Christmas Tree

It's a dangerous game of brinkmanship, being last minute merchants. It's no good to us if we end up with no-one worth having.

Its plainly fucking stupid having known since January we needed a striker and for eons that Enrique was going to be fucked off to the bin dippers; yet here we are 1 game into the season having to read shite from Pardew / Lambsarse that they know what we need and they will be making signings. Useless lying cunts . Making more fake headlines with there mates at the Chronicle morelike.

What odds of Kuqi being resigned?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a dangerous game of brinkmanship, being last minute merchants. It's no good to us if we end up with no-one worth having.

Its plainly fucking stupid having known since January we needed a striker and for eons that Enrique was going to be fucked off to the bin dippers; yet here we are 1 game into the season having to read shite from Pardew / Lambsarse that they know what we need and they will be making signings. Useless lying cunts . Making more fake headlines with there mates at the Chronicle morelike.

What odds of Kuqi being resigned?

Depends if Dean Windass is available ;)

Anyone heard from Antoine Sibierski recently? I'd take him.

Seriously though, how can anyone believe we've even been active in the transfer market for a striker of pedigree? Daniel Sturridge is the man to go for. Never going to happen though due to his valuation. A valuation we should expect to be paid after 'Derek has assured me all the money will be reinvested'. The striker situation for me is just the tip of the iceberg. A second rate centre half for back up and a average left back are what we should expect.

Shola was absolutely abysmal yesterday and Lovenkrands offers little in terms of goals nowadays. I think Ba will come good but needs to be given time to find his feet. Think it'll take him a while.

You'd have thought for a position as pivotal as striker, where the need for a goal scorer has been glaringly obvious since January, something would've been sorted by now. Who knows what they've actually been doing on this but it's very poor the season has kicked off and we're still looking.

I wonder if the plan all along has been to get someone from a CL club on loan who's surplus to requirements. I hate being so cynical but the lack of a signing in such a key position after so much time makes me suspicious.

You'd have thought for a position as pivotal as striker, where the need for a goal scorer has been glaringly obvious since January, something would've been sorted by now. Who knows what they've actually been doing on this but it's very poor the season has kicked off and we're still looking.

I wonder if the plan all along has been to get someone from a CL club on loan who's surplus to requirements. I hate being so cynical but the lack of a signing in such a key position after so much time makes me suspicious.

well we signed Demba Ba, thats carrolls replacement but unfortunately even with carroll we needed another good striker in

well we signed Demba Ba, thats carrolls replacement but unfortunately even with carroll we needed another good striker in

You're right. I should have said 2 strikers since January, one of which we've got in. Shola and Best are squad players, imo Lovenkrands should be sold and Ranger sent to a championship side for the season to grow up. Somewhere like Doncaster.

the striker search bemuses me. we could of signed maybe a loanee so we had someone till the right striker came along. we will probably get someone totally average now.

Ahh to dream.....

the striker search bemuses me. we could of signed maybe a loanee so we had someone till the right striker came along. we will probably get someone totally average now.

Ahh to dream.....

It's not fantasy football

Looks like we've definitely made an offer, and he's happy with what we'll pay him, he asked the chairman to let him go, the chairman said do one, so he went on strike yesterday and didn't play in their game at Caen.

Looks like we've definitely made an offer, and he's happy with what we'll pay him, he asked the chairman to let him go, the chairman said do one, so he went on strike yesterday and didn't play in their game at Caen.

any links to theese rumours mate

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl...%26prmd%3Divnso

PUBLISHED: 15/08/2011 AT 9:31

Sochaux: Maiga wants to leave

In an interview with the newspaper L'Equipe, Sochaux striker Modibo Maiga consumed divorce with its leaders. The former insists on joining Newcastle Manceau.

Modibo Maiga wants to leave Sochaux. After boycotting the match against Caen (1-2, 2nd day of League 1) and training dimnache, doubiste striker confirmed that he wanted to join Newcastle. But despite an offer of around 8 million euros, Lacombre Alexander, president of Sochaux, does not let his top scorer. A decision that does not include Maïga: "There are offers that have come to me, but the president does not want to talk, said it in the columns of L'Equipe. It's like I took a big blow. This is the first time I asked something and I find it disrespectful. Why refuse to discuss N I find it selfish. (...) An offer like this can not refuse. "

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl...%26prmd%3Divnso

PUBLISHED: 15/08/2011 AT 9:31

Sochaux: Maiga wants to leave

In an interview with the newspaper L'Equipe, Sochaux striker Modibo Maiga consumed divorce with its leaders. The former insists on joining Newcastle Manceau.

Modibo Maiga wants to leave Sochaux. After boycotting the match against Caen (1-2, 2nd day of League 1) and training dimnache, doubiste striker confirmed that he wanted to join Newcastle. But despite an offer of around 8 million euros, Lacombre Alexander, president of Sochaux, does not let his top scorer. A decision that does not include Maïga: "There are offers that have come to me, but the president does not want to talk, said it in the columns of L'Equipe. It's like I took a big blow. This is the first time I asked something and I find it disrespectful. Why refuse to discuss N I find it selfish. (...) An offer like this can not refuse. "

cheers...................

24 years old, 15 goals in 34 league games last season in a sochaux side that scored 60 overall in the 38 league matches

Edited by Semimental

Sounds like our kind of player then.. As good as signed.