The Search for a Striker........Chapter 11

Christmas Tree

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at this Malian guy his stats last season look good. Ticks all the boxes too, young, cheapish an likely to improve.

Has all the right trademarks

- Young.

- Foreign.

- Low wages.

- Highly strung and annoyed with club.

...until you get to the asking price.

has CT changed his name ?

Dear me. How low are things going to go......he will be joining the ranks of utter deluded wankers, alongside the likes of deano, Gloomy, jaysouthernmag etc [apologies to anyone I've missed] the way he is going.

Although its a fair bet that at least the likes of deano, and toonpack, may at least admit they got it all spectacularly wrong. Maybe.

Little bit harsh iyam.

CT is totally harmless. Never gets personal, never has a bad word for anyone, despite the amount of shit he (rightly) gets for being clueless. He's always open about joining in discussions he knows nothing whatsoever about, cos that's how he learns about it. His entirely uninformed opinion always provokes debate, and his indefatigable defense of Ashley keeps things ticking over on here when Toonpack and Chez aren't able to give a more reasoned argument for team wrong.

I don't think you're a tit CT....just clueless ;)

Little bit harsh iyam.

CT is totally harmless. Never gets personal, never has a bad word for anyone, despite the amount of shit he (rightly) gets for being clueless. He's always open about joining in discussions he knows nothing whatsoever about, cos that's how he learns about it. His entirely uninformed opinion always provokes debate, and his indefatigable defense of Ashley keeps things ticking over on here when Toonpack and Chez aren't able to give a more reasoned argument for team wrong.

I don't think you're a tit CT....just clueless ;)

Seriously, I agree.

I shouldn't have been so harsh on CT, I'm sure he's a canny bloke and a decent driver.

Expect the blind optimism to continue from September 1st too.

Dear me. How low are things going to go......he will be joining the ranks of utter deluded wankers, alongside the likes of deano, Gloomy, jaysouthernmag etc [apologies to anyone I've missed] the way he is going.

Although its a fair bet that at least the likes of deano, and toonpack, may at least admit they got it all spectacularly wrong. Maybe.

You're obsessed with "Gloomy", aren't you?

he's obsessed with me. He blocks me rather than admit he gave me flak for saying years ago exactly what he says now ? Who is obsessed with who ? I don't expect him to reply, but I don't expect the others to either. Having said that, if they do, good for them, the disagreement etc is what it's all about, we all have our opinions [different to facts and don't confuse the 2] it would be a boring world if we didn't. Plenty of people post derogative comments about me, I just get on with it because I know that I will be proved correct in the long run though, whether I reply is my choice, but nobody is blocked. The only person I have ever blocked is Nick, I didn't even block skidmarks.

Doesn't take too much to admit you are being a bit of a prick or got something wrong ? If i get something wrong, I'll say so. If Mike Ashley realised where he had gone wrong, I'd be over the moon and give him the credit deserved, but it doesn't really make me happy when I see the club behaving exactly like I said it would within a few months or so of him buying it.

Edited by LeazesMag

You're not wrong. I've had him on ignore for months now and he still won't let it lie. He's convinced I've only just come around to his way of thinking with regards to ashley despite the fact he's been proved wrong on that account several times now. It's like banging your head against a brick wall with this guy, hence why I blocked him. I'm not surprised to see through others' quotes how often he brings me up though. Seething tbh.

he's obsessed with me. He blocks me rather than admit he gave me flak for saying years ago exactly what he says now ? Who is obsessed with who ? I don't expect him to reply, but I don't expect the others to either. Having said that, if they do, good for them, the disagreement etc is what it's all about, we all have our opinions [different to facts and don't confuse the 2] it would be a boring world if we didn't. Plenty of people post derogative comments about me, I just get on with it because I know that I will be proved correct in the long run though whether I reply is my choice, but nobody is blocked. The only person I have ever blocked is Nick, I didn't even block skidmarks.

Doesn't take too much to admit you are being a bit of a prick or got something wrong ? If i get something wrong, I'll say so. If Mike Ashley realised where he had gone wrong, I'd be over the moon and give him the credit deserved, but it doesn't really make me happy when I see the club behaving exactly like I said it would within a few months or so of him buying it.

I'm still at a loss as to what you'll be proved right about?

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-u...72703-29241468/

It is also believed that United are mulling over other options on top of Mali international Modibo Maiga, following the Sochaux striker’s claims that he had “met everybody at Newcastle” and had his heart set on a move to St James’ Park, with a £7m bid reported in France.

The Magpies have already turned down the chance to sign South Korea star and captain Park Chu-Young from Monaco after the player had been offered to a host of Premier League clubs.

Little bit harsh iyam.

I don't think you're a tit CT....just clueless :icon_lol:

:lol: Dress it up with a few insults but I can see the lurveee. :lol:

Unfortunately this is what happens when children are made Admin.

If you want to argue your point, do it, but dont slag someone off then run off crying like a little girl when they slag you off back.

Quite astonishing Admin behaviour over something as bad of me as suggesting we go 4,5,1 against the Mackems given our crap attack. A position I might add that he later agreed with.

And I also suggested that we played a pretty crap Arsenal team by their standards. Again, a view that I think has been repeated by Fans, Journalists and pundits alike.

Can only put it down to puberty.

Ah, i agree with HF - you're quite canny really CT. You talk some nonsense and have some dodgy political views and of course you love to play the wind up merchant but you're not a bad lad really.

Ah, i agree with HF - you're quite canny really CT. You talk some nonsense and have some dodgy political views and of course you love to play the wind up merchant but you're not a bad lad really.

Thank you Dr G

Can I just say I think its time you "let go" of your gloom and got a new name for this season. Something like Dr brightening up.....

You could actually change it after each match to reflect our overall mood.

It would also keep Leazes on his toes. :lol:

Thank you Dr G

Can I just say I think its time you "let go" of your gloom and got a new name for this season. Something like Dr brightening up.....

Ha, good idea. Though i suspect I may be dr suicide watch after the derby...

If we sign him, I hope him, Ba and Ben Arfa don't repeat their recent behaviour in about 12 months time.

...with Marveaux sat on the hospital bed running his contract down, and Dan Golsing agreeing verbally to a contract while talking to clubs on the sly.

Thank you Dr G

Wouldnt it be easier just to leave it as Gloomy then? saves retyping it every week.

Thank you Dr G

It would also keep Leazes on his toes. :icon_lol:

Wouldnt it be easier just to leave it as Gloomy then? saves retyping it every week.

:lol:

Dont know who this maiga is who we are trying to sign but surely bringing a young inexperienced forward from the French league isn't the answer, we need someone proven who can play in the premier league and score goals straight away, whoever we sign I think it's getting to stage of the season were we'll panic and pay over the odds. My self I would like to see us sign Peter Odemwingie he's been brilliant in a fairly poor west broom side and scoring goals, and I think he's a realistic target for the club even though spurs are in for him I've heard. Niklas Bendtner I keep hearing mentioned and that he's got a point to prove. Ave never been impressed by him when I've seen him play and always comes across as a huffy child. Bring shearer back haha?

Dont know who this maiga is who we are trying to sign but surely bringing a young inexperienced forward from the French league isn't the answer, we need someone proven who can play in the premier league and score goals straight away, whoever we sign I think it's getting to stage of the season were we'll panic and pay over the odds. My self I would like to see us sign Peter Odemwingie he's been brilliant in a fairly poor west broom side and scoring goals, and I think he's a realistic target for the club even though spurs are in for him I've heard. Niklas Bendtner I keep hearing mentioned and that he's got a point to prove. Ave never been impressed by him when I've seen him play and always comes across as a huffy child. Bring shearer back haha?

Not sure we'll panic, more likely just settle with what we have. I thought Odemwingie would be a player we'd go for as well. Stalling over a new contract also.