The Search for a Striker........Chapter 11

Christmas Tree

Dont know who this maiga is who we are trying to sign but surely bringing a young inexperienced forward from the French league isn't the answer, we need someone proven who can play in the premier league and score goals straight away, whoever we sign I think it's getting to stage of the season were we'll panic and pay over the odds. My self I would like to see us sign Peter Odemwingie he's been brilliant in a fairly poor west broom side and scoring goals, and I think he's a realistic target for the club even though spurs are in for him I've heard. Niklas Bendtner I keep hearing mentioned and that he's got a point to prove. Ave never been impressed by him when I've seen him play and always comes across as a huffy child. Bring shearer back haha?

Too old Odemwinge for them can't remember them paying a fee for anyone over 26 yet tbh. They're a bunch of mugs. You get gems from the french league no cunts ever heard of all the time popping up, the french league isnt like the jock league it's a good standard, and we haven't too many wank players from France in the past. They're normally very good just mugs as people, but that's the french for you.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont know who this maiga is who we are trying to sign but surely bringing a young inexperienced forward from the French league isn't the answer, we need someone proven who can play in the premier league and score goals straight away, whoever we sign I think it's getting to stage of the season were we'll panic and pay over the odds. My self I would like to see us sign Peter Odemwingie he's been brilliant in a fairly poor west broom side and scoring goals, and I think he's a realistic target for the club even though spurs are in for him I've heard. Niklas Bendtner I keep hearing mentioned and that he's got a point to prove. Ave never been impressed by him when I've seen him play and always comes across as a huffy child. Bring shearer back haha?

and that will cost ££££££££££'s

Maybes the French league is a good standard but bringing in a young striker into the premier league is a whole different ball game. Striker n central midfielder for me are the toughest positions to cone into the prem and make an impact, say we bring this maiga in and everyones saying oh he's guna be great, then takes him 10 games or so to find his feet and start scoring goals, we need someone to come in and score goals straight away. I agree that this Maiga will probably be better than what we've already got but I hear his valuation ain't cheap, so you have to think can you get Odemwingie or someone for the same price or a little bit more.

Maybes the French league is a good standard but bringing in a young striker into the premier league is a whole different ball game. Striker n central midfielder for me are the toughest positions to cone into the prem and make an impact, say we bring this maiga in and everyones saying oh he's guna be great, then takes him 10 games or so to find his feet and start scoring goals, we need someone to come in and score goals straight away. I agree that this Maiga will probably be better than what we've already got but I hear his valuation ain't cheap, so you have to think can you get Odemwingie or someone for the same price or a little bit more.

no. thats what you have to think. our board won't and you're kidding yourself if you think it will be any different

Personally I would like to see us go forward with the Maiga deal. I'm not going to pretend I knew anything about him before waking up two days ago to see he was 'demanding' a move to us, but his stats are good, he evidently wants to come (as opposed to Erdinc who absolutely didn't) and he wouldn't break the bank at 8 mil.

Personally I would like to see us go forward with the Maiga deal. I'm not going to pretend I knew anything about him before waking up two days ago to see he was 'demanding' a move to us, but his stats are good, he evidently wants to come (as opposed to Erdinc who absolutely didn't) and he wouldn't break the bank at 8 mil.

You'd like to think it wouldnt break the bank and on recent transfer history it sounds like a good deal. However, so many alleged deals seem to be falling away and I get the impression the club just keeps dicking around.

has CT changed his name ?

Dear me. How low are things going to go......he will be joining the ranks of utter deluded wankers, alongside the likes of deano, Gloomy, jaysouthernmag etc [apologies to anyone I've missed] the way he is going.

Although its a fair bet that at least the likes of deano, and toonpack, may at least admit they got it all spectacularly wrong. Maybe.

You're obsessed with "Gloomy", aren't you?

You're not wrong. I've had him on ignore for months now and he still won't let it lie. He's convinced I've only just come around to his way of thinking with regards to ashley despite the fact he's been proved wrong on that account several times now. It's like banging your head against a brick wall with this guy, hence why I blocked him. I'm not surprised to see through others' quotes how often he brings me up though. Seething tbh.

you have only just came round to my way of thinking. You're shouting on about buying shit players, selling our best players, and having an ambitious board. When we had exactly that, you moaned like fuck about them and wanted somebody else.

You know this is right, and you have blocked me because I said this very thing for years, which you gave me flak for, and you won't admit it.

How sad is it that people can't admit when they are wrong. You are doing what the bairns on that other message board do when they ban people for having a different opinion, which some of them also - like you - now realise was correct.

Anyway. I just think its pathetic to see you constantly harping on like you do, I think I'm quite entitled to take the piss out of you, under the circumstances.

Edited by LeazesMag

I said in May that Shola Ameobi would start the new season as still our number 1 striker, and that has proved to be the case.

Demba Ba scored a few goals for West Ham, but on Saturday, the only difference between him and Ameobi was one of them wore orange boots.

Anyway. I just think its pathetic to see you constantly harping on like you do, I think I'm quite entitled to take the piss out of you, under the circumstances.

:icon_lol:

:lol:

A would like to see Maiga come he might turn out brilliant but I would of liked to see us sign some players with experience in this league, I think it's a bit of a risk bringing a lot of players out the French league and I hope I'm wrong.

I said in May that Shola Ameobi would start the new season as still our number 1 striker, and that has proved to be the case.

Demba Ba scored a few goals for West Ham, but on Saturday, the only difference between him and Ameobi was one of them wore orange boots.

I'm willing to bet you never thought ame- fucking- obi would get a two year contract extension though.

Just another example of the FCB taking the piss out of us.

I'm willing to bet you never thought ame- fucking- obi would get a two year contract extension though.

Just another example of the FCB taking the piss out of us.

probably ought to have done, it must be on condition he donates part of his testimonial fund to Sports Direct

• 3 months later...

French ace Olivier Giroud offered to Magpies

Nov 27 2011 by Mark Douglas, Sunday Sun

NEWCASTLE United have been offered Montpellier striker Olivier Giroud.

French fixers have put the 6ft 4ins striker to Toon officials but in another indication that United have as good as concluded a deal for Sochaux striker Mobido Maiga, they have turned down the forward – for now.

Although a transfer is not formally over the line, United have agreed a fee and terms for the Mali striker and top brass have communicated the message that the forward will be a Newcastle player from January 1.

Maiga is NOT seen as the new number nine though, with scouts continuing to search Europe to try and find a suitable candidate to take the revered shirt.

United are now looking into players with 18 months or under to run on their contracts, and there will be greater financial flexibility when Alan Smith’s wages are off the books in the summer.

The midfielder is going nowhere this season, despite it being very unlikely that he will break into the first team. He continues to impress Alan Pardew with his professionalism, although he has made only substitute appearances this season.

The bit in bold: :lol:

We're not gonna find a player more suited than Demba Ba to wear the no.9.

Edited by hostile_statue