Quel est l'obseeion avec achter les jouers francais?

pertoon

Seems we have aquired yet another French player with Gabriel Obertan are our owner and his henchmen trying to improve thier French?

So he has come via Manure and apparently speaks English but we have been down this road before they come with promise and the rest as they say is history meanwhile the English players are being shipped out by the bucketload.

No matter how good ANY foreign player is we are going down the road of other premierhip clubs and loosing any trace of local identity.

What sense of loyalty an they owe the club when some can hardly speak any English. I am not trying to be prejudiced but please Mr Ashley halt this slide or are we to end up like all the other clubs where the only interest a player has in what was once one of the greatest clubs in the land is his paycheque.

way easier to negotiate terms with the french when being an arrogant, obnoxious prick isn't considered a negative in france

Shipped out by the bucketload?

One left because we were offered well over his real value. One left because he isn't very good (Routledge). One left because the chairman lied to him. Barton is still here and might stay after all.

I haven't got a problem with them all being French to be honest. It's just the way it is, I don't see an agenda in place which states we must bring in French players.

We've still got plenty of British staff around the place. The above players have left for specific and very different reasons. Replacing them with Englishmen is usually a bad idea nowadays as every English player has a higher price on his head than his foreign equivalent purely because he's English.

You've all got it wrong (I think). Sports Direct doesn't exist over in France. And by signing lots of French players opens up the market for the brand and indeed then club to push across the channel

Seems we have aquired yet another French player with Gabriel Obertan are our owner and his henchmen trying to improve thier French?

So he has come via Manure and apparently speaks English but we have been down this road before they come with promise and the rest as they say is history meanwhile the English players are being shipped out by the bucketload.

No matter how good ANY foreign player is we are going down the road of other premierhip clubs and loosing any trace of local identity.

What sense of loyalty an they owe the club when some can hardly speak any English. I am not trying to be prejudiced but please Mr Ashley halt this slide or are we to end up like all the other clubs where the only interest a player has in what was once one of the greatest clubs in the land is his paycheque.

Tevez doesn't speak English, take it you wouldn't want him here. English players come with overinflated price tags.20 mil for Henderson, 35 for Carroll, etc,etc.

If they are good players I couldn't give a fuck where they come from. Tiote,Jose,Collo all foreigners but have been amongst our best players. In short, shut up you mug

Tevez doesn't speak English, take it you wouldn't want him here. English players come with overinflated price tags.20 mil for Henderson, 35 for Carroll, etc,etc.

If they are good players I couldn't give a fuck where they come from. Tiote,Jose,Collo all foreigners but have been amongst our best players. In short, shut up you mug

Absolutely spot on.

The fact that there is a huge number of French speakers should be a very good thing initially as it will help them to settle. There has been large scale changes to the side, and expecting them to come out firing from the start is asking a lot. Having them at least able to communicate effectively will certainly help both off and on the field. Whether down the track they could form some sort of clique remains to be seen. With the track record of the board that could be a very bad thing as they could easily get offside with one, taking the rest with them.

In midfield (with a leaning to the attacking areas of the pitch) understanding among players revolves around timing of runs, passing and moving into space, knowledge of your teammates strengths and tendencies on the ball & using that knowledge as yardstick for a player's own movement off the ball, so the language barrier isn't such a big issue imo.

Different kettle of fish in defense though, where it's about maintaining shape and a cohesive/discliplined last line, so communication is paramount. The great attacking & successful teams may have a cosmopolitan feel about them in attack, but in defense they seem to built around the premise of having a dominant nationality (and obviously a dialect that comes with) from book-end to book-end ie. some of the great Spanish league sides of recent years.

I think you can be too cosmopolitan at the back, if there is a lack of understanding re:the language barrier.

Edited by Year Zero

Absolutely spot on.

I think the best recipe for success tends to be a mix of good English/British players and good foreigners. We can't afford the former though so this is the next best thing.

Shipped out by the bucketload?

One left because we were offered well over his real value. One left because he isn't very good (Routledge). One left because the chairman lied to him. Barton is still here and might stay after all.

I haven't got a problem with them all being French to be honest. It's just the way it is, I don't see an agenda in place which states we must bring in French players.

We've still got plenty of British staff around the place. The above players have left for specific and very different reasons. Replacing them with Englishmen is usually a bad idea nowadays as every English player has a higher price on his head than his foreign equivalent purely because he's English.

good one.

Sports Direct throws down gauntlet to rival Decathlon

Sports Direct chief forecasts the pair will fight it out for global dominance over the next 10 years

The battle for leadership in international sports retail will be fought out between Sports Direct and French group Decathlon, Sports Direct chief executive Dave Forsey has forecast.

Sports Direct, which is already the UK market leader and has stores in eight European countries, is gearing up to take on Decathlon in its home market and shops will begin to open in the Paris area in April.

Forsey expects sports retail to be dominated by Sports Direct and Decathlon within a decade. He told Retail Week: “If you take a five- to 10-year view it will be us and Decathlon. We’ve got stores opening in France in the next month -we’re going up against them in their own backyard.”

France is the latest country Sports Direct aims to conquer as it seeks to emulate Decathlon’s global empire. Four stores are planned for the Paris area this year and it aims to enter all eurozone countries in the next five years.

Purely coincidental, I'm sure.