Scunthorpe United v Newcastle United

CleeToonFan

As anyone might be able to tell this draw has delighted me :lol:.

I don't know if away tickets will be hard to get to this game seeing as we'll get few tickets, but if so is tehre anyone who can sort me out with tickets? Is there anyone else who's off too?

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if away tickets will be hard to get to this game seeing as we'll get few tickets, but if so is tehre anyone who can sort me out with tickets? Is there anyone else who's off too?

I can probably sort you out with 2, maybe 3 tickets as I wont be able to go with it being a midweek. I went 2 year ago when we lost 2-1, Hundreds of geordies drinking in Frankie and Bennys!

I can probably sort you out with 2, maybe 3 tickets as I wont be able to go with it being a midweek. I went 2 year ago when we lost 2-1, Hundreds of geordies drinking in Frankie and Bennys!

If you can it'd be brilliant mate! I'd only need 2 but that'd be perfect.

Aye i'm from Grimsby so naturally not a big fan of that tin ground of theirs.

If you can it'd be brilliant mate! I'd only need 2 but that'd be perfect.

Aye i'm from Grimsby so naturally not a big fan of that tin ground of theirs.

Ill see what I can do when they are on sale.

Newcastle United's Carling Cup second round tie against Scunthorpe United will be broadcast live on Sky Sports, it has been confirmed.

Therefore the game at Glanford Park will be played on Thursday, August 25 with a 7.45pm kick-off.

The Magpies' second round tie at Accrington was shown live on Sky Sports last season.

Newcastle went on to win 3-2 at the Crown Ground thanks to goals from Ryan Taylor, Shola Ameobi and Peter Lovenkrands.

Really looking forward to this and hopefully getting a good look at Gosling, Marveaux, Vuckic, Ferguson etc.

Should be able to get a canny second side out for this.

However saying that, I think Pardew will be buoyed at our start and knows that a cup is our only chance of silverware so he might really go for this.

I'd love for us take this competition seriously for once. If we're honest, it's our only realistic chance of a day out a wembley. Put a strong team out for every round.

I'd love for us take this competition seriously for once. If we're honest, it's our only realistic chance of a day out a wembley. Put a strong team out for every round.

Same here, totally agree. Birmingham won it an even though relegated in Europe.

i think it will be easy but i dont think the team are bothered really about it. would be nice to win it but some teams dont give a monkeys about carling cups or other trophy competitions

I'd go with...

---Harper---

R.Taylor---Williamson---Kadar---Ferguson

Obertan---Gosling---Vuckic---Marveaux

Ba---Best

:lol:

5-0 :nufc::razz:

Think you'll be fairly close with that like.

Maybe swap Kadar with Colo

Obertan with Tiote with Gosling on the right and Lovenkrands with Ba

Thats the team I reckon he'd probably go with, be good to see some of the youngins getting a game

I'd go with...

---Harper---

R.Taylor---Williamson---Kadar---Ferguson

Obertan---Gosling---Vuckic---Marveaux

Ba---Best

:lol:

5-0 :nufc::razz:

Think you'll be fairly close with that like.

Maybe swap Kadar with Colo

Obertan with Tiote with Gosling on the right and Lovenkrands with Ba

Thats the team I reckon he'd probably go with, be good to see some of the youngins getting a game

Im one who thinks rest all 1st team starters and give squad players and youth a go. Always have a few on the bench just to change the game late on though.

Gives the lads outside the 1st team to make a mark and push themselves closer. Competition for places is healthy.

Also protects our more important players.

The FA Cup however is a different matter completely. All guns blazing for that one i hope!