Scunthorpe United v Newcastle United

CleeToonFan

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also think the hype about Cabaye is starting to look just that. He's a tidy player but there's been few signs there's much to his game. Jack of all trades and a master of none.

For fuck's sake. Besides, aren't you the guy who wrote him off after 80 minutes against Arsenal?

This

Cabaye is class, 3rd game for him, especially as he didn't have much a preseason with the first team, granted he gets more space and time in this game than any other,but I thought he looked pretty decent.

Just back from the pub and all that really matters is that we are in the hat for the next round.

Some dismal performances from Ba and Best, promising performances from Cabaye, Marveaux and Vuckic.

A little disappointed with Gosling

And Krul fucking brilliant.

Overall a pretty shit performance, particularly from the two front men. Hopefully Ashley was watching and the penny droppped.

Fucking hell I completely agree

Totally agree, apart from the being a little disappointed with Gosling. He was terrible, misplaced the easiest of passes. Although tbf to the lad, he's barely kicked a ball in 18 months.

Cabaye is going to be a class act this season. Looks better with every game. Best worked hard but is shite. Marvaeux looked good in patches, can tell there's something about him. And Krul was great between the sticks, I've always rated him since the cracking game he had in Europe for us a few years back. My memory is shite seem to remember Luque scored and we won 1-0, against who I don't recall. Some Italian side anyway.

Gosling was dreck, fair enough he's had no game time, but he gave the ball away every time he had it.

Need two new strikers, a right back, a backup centre back and obviously a left back. Carlton Cole is bound to be the only incomming player we get sadly.

Sammy is like Nile Ranger but not fucking god awful. Use him in the same role we used Nile in last year and he'd get at least 5 goals, nailed on.

Agreed.

On that showing Best and Lovenkrands are wank. If only we could get rid but also replace AND get a quality striker in. Not a chance.

Vuckic and Sameobi should be on the bench for Fulham thats for sure.

Cabaye is going to be a class act this season. Looks better with every game. Best worked hard but is shite. Marvaeux looked good in patches, can tell there's something about him. And Krul was great between the sticks, I've always rated him since the cracking game he had in Europe for us a few years back. My memory is shite seem to remember Luque scored and we won 1-0, against who I don't recall. Some Italian side anyway.

Gosling was dreck, fair enough he's had no game time, but he gave the ball away every time he had it.

Need two new strikers, a right back, a backup centre back and obviously a left back. Carlton Cole is bound to be the only incomming player we get sadly.

if Cabaye indeed performs, its only a reason to sell Tiote

I thought best and gosling were just rusty. Gosling seems to get in to great positions and is happy to push on. We need some goals from midfield and he looks most likely to get them.

As for best I think he lead the line very well, won his headers, drew fouls. His finishing and offside running let him down.

Great game to watch though.

Thats what struck me tonight as well.

Ideally thats what we need. Apart from Willo we have no-one else at CB to cover Colo and Taylor. Kadar isnt getting a look in.

Simpson really is shit. He's like Williamson and does fuck all with the ball.

If we get Pieters and a decent striker in then i think we will get by just fine but if FMA showed the level of ambition as us and got two strikers, a right back, a centre back and a left back that we need then we could seriously be confident of a top 7 finish.

That latter is never going to happen so we really need to just hope we get the bare minumim (LB + ST) and have another look in January.

That's it with Gosling in this game. Marveaux on the other hand really valued possession and seldom gave it away. The sign of a composed player, playing at a comfortable level.

Of course it would be foolish to write anyone let alone Gosling off after such a small amount of time on the pitch after coming back from injury, especially when they've been moved around so much they've probably forgotten what their preferred position is. Everyone can have a bad game as well.

Worth noting that Raylor would have finished the game with a goal, an assist and a penalty win if the officials were competent. He's not a defender, least of all a left sided one, but with Barton's exit imminent his delivery could come in handy from the right when deployed in midfield, somewhat restricting the negative impact of the lesser aspects of his game.

That's it with Gosling in this game. Marveaux on the other hand really valued possession and seldom gave it away. The sign of a composed player, playing at a comfortable level.

Of course it would be foolish to write anyone let alone Gosling off after such a small amount of time on the pitch after coming back from injury, especially when they've been moved around so much they've probably forgotten what their preferred position is. Everyone can have a bad game as well.

Worth noting that Raylor would have finished the game with a goal, an assist and a penalty win if the officials were competent. He's not a defender, least of all a left sided one, but with Barton's exit imminent his delivery could come in handy from the right when deployed in midfield, somewhat restricting the negative impact of the lesser aspects of his game.

I thought that tonight. He is as close to Barton we have in the squad in terms of delivery from the right. I'd give him a go on the right against Fulham if we get Pieters in.

Sounds like a dire game.

However, it is just the game we really wanted early on in the season - against willing opponents, which we overcame. How many times do we see the bigger clubs struggle against lowly opposition to then go on to do well in a competition? Plenty. We'll go far in this. I seem to recall some sage predicting we'd win the thing, now then, who was it again? :icon_lol::icon_lol:

I thought that tonight. He is as close to Barton we have in the squad in terms of delivery from the right. I'd give him a go on the right against Fulham if we get Pieters in.

Assuming we sign Pieters, wouldn't it make more sense to drop Raylor for Pieters and play Jonas on the right and Marveaux on the left?

Assuming we sign Pieters, wouldn't it make more sense to drop Raylor for Pieters and play Jonas on the right and Marveaux on the left?

tbh, IF we did actually sign a replacement LB, I'd continue to play Jonas on the left at least for the first few games as we know his work and attitude will help support a new player as they settle into the team/league.

Marveaux looked good but doesn't look, as yet, to have the work ability to run up and down the wing for a full 90 - actually to me he doesn't look a LM in a 4-4-2 formation.

Also with Barton now out the door we will see how average Simpson is, as was evident against Scunthorpe, because he no longer has Barton also working hard to protect him defensively.

Not many have mentioned him, but Timmy put on a world-class performance today, IMO. That save he made while diving the wrong way was unbelievable.

1st out the door next season when Man U come knocking.

Lucky we've got Elliot lined up :icon_lol: