Scunthorpe United v Newcastle United

CleeToonFan

Guest Your Name Here

Not arsed about this game, the LC is hardly worth winning. It should though be a good indication of our strength in depth.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not arsed about this game, the LC is hardly worth winning. It should though be a good indication of our strength in depth.

Terrible attitude imo and hate the way its crept into football.

We have zero chance of winning the league so a cup is our ONLY chance of winning something.

Cant wait for the game to start. Would head off to the pub now if I could take more beer.

I've previously had a different opinion purely to use it as a vehicle to have a go at Spurs fan on here but I would also love to win pretty much anything.

I've previously had a different opinion purely to use it as a vehicle to have a go at Spurs fan on here but I would also love to win pretty much anything.

Exactly.

Ive been to Wembley three times and each time was fucking awesome. Cant remember any of the games but the whole london being taken over for a weekend by Geordies is an amazing drinking and singing experience.

We have zero chance of winning the league so a cup is our ONLY chance of winning something.

Cant wait for the game to start. Would head off to the pub now if I could take more beer.

I agree love cup games. Should put decent team out and take advantage of other teams not giving a shite. Another excuse to go to the pub and should at the little footballers on the telly. hash tag hooray!

Exactly.

Ive been to Wembley three times and each time was fucking awesome.

Phil Collins

The Pet Shop Boys

The Spice Girls

Exactly.

Ive been to Wembley three times and each time was fucking awesome.

Phil Collins

The Pet Shop Boys

The Spice Girls

:razz: Wasted counting beans.

After recent departures we just have a string.

We'll be down to a few strands in a week's time....

Signing new players? I'm a frayed knot

Guest Your Name Here

At the end of the day winning something should be an achievement. The winning club should be able to say they were the best team in this competition. With most PL clubs fielding seriously weakened sides in the LC neither of these two things are relevant.

Take Boro’s success. They came through the early rounds against lower league opposition, scraped past Arsenal’s reserve side and then beat Bolton by one goal in the final. Nowt to be proud of and it says everything about what a pathetic little club Boro are that they celebrated as if they'd won the world cup.

Winning a competition when a lot of the serious competition isn’t trying is a hollow victory. Celebrating like it means anything, embarrassing.