Scunthorpe United v Newcastle United

CleeToonFan

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was shite on display throughout the team from defence, midfield to attack. I think the thing that troubles me most is our strikers. Ba and best on this evidence look even worse than shola. Worrying.

Scunthorpe well worth their lead, as somebody said its been Marveux on his own as he's looked very lively and certainly pushing his claim for the first team. Ba is still off the pace, he needs games to show what he can do and the rest of them looked a bit slugish by and large as well.

I'd have any of Abeid, Vukic, Ameobi or Ferguson on second half to liven it up and help Marveux out a bit!

Scunthorpe are dictating play here. I thought they might have a bright period but then die out. Even after the goal I thought they might then try to protect their lead but credit to them they've kept the intencity and still dictated the game pressing high. When you play a team that tries to boss where on the field the game is played by pressing high if you can't play your way out of your area then you need to push back and pitn the pressure on them at their own end. Guarantee, with the exception of Ryan Taylor that their defenders will be less composed than ours on the ball. Unfortunately our forwards look gash so far.

There was shite on display throughout the team from defence, midfield to attack. I think the thing that troubles me most is our strikers. Ba and best on this evidence look even worse than shola. Worrying.

Bit harsh on Best, he's been good in the air with what he has got. Service has been a problem because we arent on the ball enough and Lovenkrands has been anonymous on the right.

Gosling moved out there on the right. Vuckic on for Lovenkrands. And lets get Cabaye on the ball and a bit of leadership at the back from Colo and Taylor. Marveaux needs to get on it more if he is gonna make an impact.

We can still do this.

Ba has no 1st touch

Best has done all right

Lovenkrands is dogshit

Marveaux looks keen and quick, good touch and so far impressive

Gosling given the ball away cheaply and often

Cabaye looks like he'd benefit from playing alongside Tiote, or at least alongside someone who doesn't give it away cheaply and often

Simpson looked decent down the right

Ryan Taylor has obviously been correctly identified as the weak link

Colo impressive as ever, but struggling with the players performing poorly around him

Mike looked a little unsure throughout his 42 minutes

Krul looked ok

All in all we're giving the ball away in the centre, not tracking midfield runners, not delivering a final ball and I don't think we've looked like scoring

So that's up front, left back and the centre of the park where we've looked weak. Yay

I'd be looking to get Vuckic out there replacing either of Ba or Best. When we have the ball have him operate from the top of midfield. When they have it have him pressing their last man.

Shockingly poor attempt from Best into an open net. ... And then offside. It was a very tight call though. We're pushing our pace now, have to keep this up.

Seems like a better second half from our lot so far and we should be equal on score, Best's goal was never offside. Still, we should be hammering shite teams like this, I bet Ashley's laughing his cock off at the Toon fans.