A little bit of Benwell, stinks of shite

A little bit of Walker, what a sight

A little bit of Byker, on the dole

A little bit of Elswick, a shit hole

...A little bit of Fawdon, burnt out vans

A little bit Kenton, teenage grans

A little bit of Scotswood, on the run

A little bit of this makes you all scum

A Mackem on me news feed posted this, probably seen it before like, but it's truely cringeworthy

Again, Kevin, we may well get beat but I never expect us to. What are you basing the 3-1 prediction on?

Who's better;

Mignolet or Krul?

Colo or Wes Brown?

Simpson or Bardsley (I'd take Bardsley)

Saylor or The Rapist?

Tiote or Clattermole?

Cabaye or Sess?

Larsson or Barton?

Gyan or Ba? (I'd take Gyan, like)

Shola/Mackem Slayer or Ginge?

We're a better side front to back. Still, never shout about going to win, just don't expect us to get beat.

Wes Brown > Colo I reckon.

Brown looked really class the other day against Liverpool.

;)

Colo has looked class all last season and the opening game of this season. And he aint half bad in the opposite end; have u ever seen colo hovering about the opponents penalty area, he always has a slick first touch, great awareness and good strike on him too.

Wes Brown > Colo I reckon.

Brown looked really class the other day against Liverpool.

;)

Colo has looked class all last season and the opening game of this season. And he aint half bad in the opposite end; have u ever seen colo hovering about the opponents penalty area, he always has a slick first touch, great awareness and good strike on him too.

Colo is alongside Albert as my favourite defender for footballing skill and technique, his first touch, passing and shooting can be top notch and he also managed to put in far and away our best cross against Arsenal from out on the wing.

Been a couple of the chicken-necked shit-sniffers on Legends tonight. Nearly busting blood vessels they were.

Doing everything to re-inforce what is the crux of their tragic outlook that is 'no-one likes us, but we do care'

It eats them up from inside .

Pacinofan trying and failing to diminish our achievement. Initially it was as he correctly states a competition to promote towns with Fairs around Europe. By the mid 60's it was a very, very strong competition the main quirk being, only one club per city would be admitted. So if the dippers were in it finishing 2nd, the blue dippers coming third couldn't be in it. For us, it meant because of the Merseyide and London clubs above us, 10th was good enough for us to qualify. A lot better than teams going in to the UEFA Cup by means fair play in my view. Anyway.

Man Utd 68

Hibernians of Malta

Sarajevo

Gornik Zarbze

Madrid

Benfica

Celtic

Zurich

Nantes

Vojvodina

Dukla Prague

Inter Milan

Newcastle 69

Feyenoord - Champions of Europe the very next season - humped 4-0

Sporting Lisbon - then domestically Portugal's most successful club with a European trophy won a few years earlier

Real Zaragoza - major force in Spanish football

Vitoria Setubal - canny side

Rangers - one of the best sides in their history, a major European force

Ujpesti Dosza - regarded by some as the best side in Europe at the time humping Leeds earlier

Draw your own conclusions

Conclusions? Oh I see it now. The teams you played, like yourselves, were also rans. The other teams were Champions.

The Fairs Cup was a European Trophy and rightly belongs in your honours list, but to add any more importance to it than it deserved is ridiculous.

You qualified from 10th place becuase of the only one team from one city rule, which meant at least 3 other teams were excluded. It was set up to promote trade fairs and although there were good teams entering it was never a fair comp because of the silly rules.

Still a European trophy though.

Well said Marra, the Mags are all high and mighty because they had a couple of good years under Sir Bobby before disgracefully hounding the great man out of the job. They then distastefully hijacked all the headlines after his death, despite treating him like shite near the end of his tenure. Is it any wonder the giant of the game that Sir Bobby was, spent more time watching Sunderland than Newcastle in the last couple of years of his life?

Explain how and what exactly was distasteful you inbred Consett bamp.

What do I need to explain? Even Craig Bellamy said it in an interview a couple of weeks back. He said the fans were whingeing because Newcastle hadn't won the title (lol Newcastle win the title haha), I'll actually find the quote for you marra.

Bellamy is an arsehole who is bitter at the abuse he receives to this day, when Souness basically ostracised him. He will die an immature man, he said even at the height of Sounessgate, he couldn't play against Newcastle cos it would hurt him too much. He's a little divvy like you.

Bellamy didn't mention anything about hijacking the headlines after his death, what are you about you arsehole, explain about hijacking headlines after his death, or you admit you're doil.

Wasn't it you who said he'd do anything to go back to your club.

The Fairs Cup was a European Trophy and rightly belongs in your honours list, but to add any more importance to it than it deserved is ridiculous.

You qualified from 10th place becuase of the only one team from one city rule, which meant at least 3 other teams were excluded. It was set up to promote trade fairs and although there were good teams entering it was never a fair comp because of the silly rules.

If you're going to harp on about old formats like, then you might as well concede four of your five European Cups are the cheapo version. The mighty Notts Forest even managed to bag themselves a couple of them ones.

I don't necessarily subscribe to that opinion, but you clearly can't have it both ways. Under the old format, you only had to win five games on the belt and some of them games could be against giants like Crusaders etc.

Your first cup in '77:

1st round Crusaders (Belfast part timers) :lol:

2nd round Trabzonspor

Quarters Saint-Etienne

Semis Zurich

Final Borussia Monchengladbach

Ok you had to win your own league, but the upshot of that was that you might only meet one decent side during the entire knock out competition. :icon_lol:

You'd have been better just saying nowt tbh.

Not really. There’s a big difference there. Those teams we met were the best team their countries had to offer, they were real Champions. No qualification from second, never mind 10th.

The CL as it is now is more prestigious, glamourous and lucrative, but it isn’t played by Champions alone, as it should be. When they changed the format that automatically diluted the UEFA Cup, similar to the Fairs Cup, one team one city rule did. We won it in 2001 but it wasn’t as good as winning it in 75/76 when it was about great teams on the way down, declining, or new good teams on their way up.

PS the following year (as holders) you got a bye in the first round. Four games. :lol:

Look at the teams we faced, in European football at that time it would be hard to face 6 harder sides.

Waits for some pathetic quote from Shankly about "the cup with the big ears" or some equally pathetic pass me the bucket scouse pish.

Like those utterly cringeworthy seventies banners the Kop used to hold up "MOSES SAID COME FORTH, SHANKS SAID NO WE'LL COME FIRST" :icon_lol: fuckin scousers man.

Our banners are famous the world over. Some are fantastic, some are shite, and some are even cringe worthy, but they are ours and they certainly add colour, humour and sarcasm to the atmosphere. My favourites are Joey ate the frogs legs etc…….Oh and to Gala . If you think this is hell etc…. I’m very proud of our differences to other teams in the Premier League, we don’t need free scarves or free flags to wave. We are different and I love it. BTW, Shanks loved the UEFA Cup as well as the EC.

PS the following year (as holders) you got a bye in the first round. Four games. :lol:

Look at the teams we faced, in European football at that time it would be hard to face 6 harder sides.

Waits for some pathetic quote from Shankly about "the cup with the big ears" or some equally pathetic pass me the bucket scouse pish.

Like those utterly cringeworthy seventies banners the Kop used to hold up "MOSES SAID COME FORTH, SHANKS SAID NO WE'LL COME FIRST" :icon_lol: fuckin scousers man.

There was only one I liked, which was on Scouse churches in the 60's which would read: 'Jesus Saves' and then be graffitied: 'St John scores on the rebound'

Usual Scouse nonsense though as you say, if anything it was a competition that was gaining in prestige due to the teams in it and by the time we won it just before Uefa 'adopted' it it was one of the three European honours that we all grew up with.

Makes me cringe when you hear stuff like that from the dippers though. Seriously, 1978 they won four games, including the almighty Bruges in the final. Club Brugge for fucks sake. :lol:

I know :lol: basically you just needed to be a well run club to achieve the successes they had, we had a bigger support right prior to Shankly, had more trophies, but all I ask is for someone to show me pre-1990 which team had a tougher route to a European trophy than we did in 1969. I'm not even being biased.

I think the fact England didn't qualify for a major tournament from 1970 to 1980 emphasises how poor our football was in this country, yet despite that our clubs were European Champions five times in that period. It shows everything was much of a muchness, had we had a decent board then we could be the global club they are today. In some ways though I don't envy that when you see the profile of their support.

You're the same age as me Sammy so you'll have grown up with the same football media coverage, Sportsneet on a Wednesday, the big match on a sunday now and then, Saint & Greavsie, Football Focus etc...and I'm not wrong in hearing the phrase said many time "the UEFA Cup is often harder to win than the European Cup" am I?

Gobshite, you’re slobbering again, put your dummy back in. If all that was needed was to be well run then there were lots of teams should have won loads of trophies. It was about all the right people being brought together at the right time. Shanks was appointed because the chairman specifically wanted him above anyone else. Shanks bought the players that he thought best for the job to be done, with the help of a board who wanted to see the team get back to winning titles.

Prior to Shanks coming we were in the 2nd div and considering you were in the 1st the attendance difference isn’t that much.

LFC

1958 4 2 26 38.476 QF

1957 3 2 25 35.743 3

1956 3 2 25 37.224 5

1955 11 2 33 36.215 5

1954 22 1 22 40.488

NUFC

1958 19 1 19 36.241 4

1957 17 1 17 35.202 4

1956 11 1 11 37.666 QF

1955 8 1 8 42.925 Winners

1954 15 1 15 45.392

Unfortunately you’re always biased. The fairs cup was for also rans and even then the teams that were excluded reduced the quality again. At least with the EC it was for champions only, no matter which country they were champions of.

You keep going on about this decent board and how you didn’t have one when the TRUTH is you didn’t have a good enough team. If you can’t face that fact you’re more deluded than I thought. Shanks and Paisley had a net spend of 2.3 million over a 22 year period up until 1983. I think even a gobshite like you will accept that to spend so little means they had the ability to find gems in lower leagues and bring them through. Something any club could have done. You make me laugh when you talk about fan profiles because if you were the representation of all Newcastle fans then you’d be laughed out of the league. You can’t know how pleased I am to know that you don’t envy our support, we have enough gobshites of our own to contend with.

You’re wrong. The Fairs Cup and UEFA cup are two different comps, no matter how much one was the forerunner of the other. You could never qualify from coming 10th in the UEFA Cup. The fair play team is the only concession in that way.

Didn't Forest beat Malmo to win their 2nd European Cup btw? Malmo :lol:

Aye Malmo! One of the years Liverpool did fuck all in Europe they lost 4-0 or 5-0 to the massive DINAMO TBLISI iirc. When you watch old videos of Liverpool, I know you shouldn't compare era's but that team now would achieve fuck all. Their best team imo was 87/88 with Beardsley, Barnes and Aldridge.

Yeah Sammy Heysel was a moment waiting to happen for that club. What makes me think even worse of them is that they think they set trends off (they may have done its in all honesty before my time) with their Tacchini trackies etc.. which they got from their European excursions, but what makes me cringe so much is their Robin Hood style promotion of robbing their way round Europe bringing this gear back. They all laugh about it now, I've seen Tommy Smith recounting tales about it. If that was Newcastle I'd look back on that as a stain on our history, robbing every fucking town we come to, hardly promoting good will is it?

Heysel was a moment waiting to happen for any team in Europe in that era and as we were the British team that was dominating football on the continent, no surprise that it was us.

We did set trends.

Robbing only happened with Liverpool fans didn’t it? FFS, I don’t know about banners or anything else being cringeworthy, you beat everything for that.

Unfortunastely for your little jealous streak we have a lot of goodwill in Europe. Our fans have lots of liaisons with European fans every time we play in Europe. Some meetings between our fans and opposition ones have been going on for decades, even in Italy. In all the European matches I’ve gone to I’ve never felt any animosity from opposition fans, and have been welcomed in so many places with real warmth. Many’s the time they sing YNWA with us, they come over to chat when you’re in a bar, swap scarves and mementoes. I have so many good memories of European games and the fans that go with those teams.

Even when they come to this city they come early for a good time and walk around the city centre chatting and having a laugh with the locals, The Cavern is packed as are all the Beatle bits. Many look on Anfield as hallowed ground and are excited to be there, getting their photo taken with the Shankly statue, the Paisley and Shankly gates, LFC fans, anything to add to their joy of being at Anfield. No stain here at all.

All of that is not to say that hooliganism and fighting won’t happen in the future, no-one knows when it could happen, but up to now they are my experiences and though I’d love Heysel not to have happened, I wouldn’t swap being a Liverpool fan for anything in the world, I love every last thing about it.

If you're going to harp on about old formats like, then you might as well concede four of your five European Cups are the cheapo version. The mighty Notts Forest even managed to bag themselves a couple of them ones.

I don't necessarily subscribe to that opinion, but you clearly can't have it both ways. Under the old format, you only had to win five games on the belt and some of them games could be against giants like Crusaders etc.

Your first cup in '77:

1st round Crusaders (Belfast part timers) :lol:

2nd round Trabzonspor

Quarters Saint-Etienne

Semis Zurich

Final Borussia Monchengladbach

Ok you had to win your own league, but the upshot of that was that you might only meet one decent side during the entire knock out competition. :icon_lol:

You'd have been better just saying nowt tbh.

Not really. There’s a big difference there. Those teams we met were the best team their countries had to offer, they were real Champions. No qualification from second, never mind 10th.

The CL as it is now is more prestigious, glamourous and lucrative, but it isn’t played by Champions alone, as it should be. When they changed the format that automatically diluted the UEFA Cup, similar to the Fairs Cup, one team one city rule did. We won it in 2001 but it wasn’t as good as winning it in 75/76 when it was about great teams on the way down, declining, or new good teams on their way up.

Yes but that meant playing part timers from Belfast and utter minnows from other nothing leagues.

When the Champions League came into being I was of the same view as you-it was devalued by non-champions being allowed to enter, but clearly that was wrong. A tournament with the top four from Italy, Spain, Germany and England competing (amongst others) is always going to be more of an achievement to win than playing only the cream of Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales and Switzerland.

Simply applying your logic about formats, they're snide wins compared to the modern version.

Didn't Forest beat Malmo to win their 2nd European Cup btw? Malmo :lol:

Aye Malmo! One of the years Liverpool did fuck all in Europe they lost 4-0 or 5-0 to the massive DINAMO TBLISI iirc. When you watch old videos of Liverpool, I know you shouldn't compare era's but that team now would achieve fuck all. Their best team imo was 87/88 with Beardsley, Barnes and Aldridge.

Yeah Sammy Heysel was a moment waiting to happen for that club. What makes me think even worse of them is that they think they set trends off (they may have done its in all honesty before my time) with their Tacchini trackies etc.. which they got from their European excursions, but what makes me cringe so much is their Robin Hood style promotion of robbing their way round Europe bringing this gear back. They all laugh about it now, I've seen Tommy Smith recounting tales about it. If that was Newcastle I'd look back on that as a stain on our history, robbing every fucking town we come to, hardly promoting good will is it?

Heysel was a moment waiting to happen for any team in Europe in that era and as we were the British team that was dominating football on the continent, no surprise that it was us.

We did set trends.

Robbing only happened with Liverpool fans didn’t it? FFS, I don’t know about banners or anything else being cringeworthy, you beat everything for that.

Unfortunastely for your little jealous streak we have a lot of goodwill in Europe. Our fans have lots of liaisons with European fans every time we play in Europe. Some meetings between our fans and opposition ones have been going on for decades, even in Italy. In all the European matches I’ve gone to I’ve never felt any animosity from opposition fans, and have been welcomed in so many places with real warmth. Many’s the time they sing YNWA with us, they come over to chat when you’re in a bar, swap scarves and mementoes. I have so many good memories of European games and the fans that go with those teams.

Even when they come to this city they come early for a good time and walk around the city centre chatting and having a laugh with the locals, The Cavern is packed as are all the Beatle bits. Many look on Anfield as hallowed ground and are excited to be there, getting their photo taken with the Shankly statue, the Paisley and Shankly gates, LFC fans, anything to add to their joy of being at Anfield. No stain here at all.

All of that is not to say that hooliganism and fighting won’t happen in the future, no-one knows when it could happen, but up to now they are my experiences and though I’d love Heysel not to have happened, I wouldn’t swap being a Liverpool fan for anything in the world, I love every last thing about it.

Robbing didn't only happen with Liverpool, well I very much doubt it, but you set new trends (allegedly) on the back of your robbing, and 30 years later seem to find, pillaging and looting your way round Europe funny. That fat will surprise no one with yous.