M.E.

Craig

What do any of you peeps know about this? Our lass reckons I might have it going by some symptoms I've got. Aside from the previously alluded prolonged levels of stress I've been suffering, I've also got:

• All my joints aching even after sleep
  • Ridiculous muscles aches when I've barely done any exercise
  • Constant broken sleep - flicking from sweating to being really cold
  • Claminess
  • Shortness of breath
  • Forgetfulness
  • Irritable
  • Severe mood swings
  • Irritable Bowel

I'd been putting it down mainly to the stress I'm going through and a reduction in exercise / gain in weight. But I must admit the joint aches have baffled me. Feels like I used to after I'd played a game of football for the first time in months, or I'd done a road race but in reality, I've done little more than kicked a football at the park with the kids. Like I said, she's convinced there's more to it.

What's the deal here? Is it something I go and discuss with a GP or are they likely to bat it to one side? Opinions (serious ones) welcome.

Here comes an amateur unsolicited opinion.

I would definitely see a doctor and get some blood pressure and blood tests done. But it might that you're simply run down, stressed out and possibly carrying a bug. And after what you've been through it'd be no surprise.

My sister's had it since she was 19. You'll be lucky to find a GP that takes it seriously and will diagnose you with it. Although I guess that was 15 year ago for her, so things may have improved on that front.

There's a special clinic for it in the RVI now, headed up by a Dr Spickett. I know that's no use to you but you could talk to them and see if they know of something similar in your area. You would need to get a referral off your GP first though.

The symptoms you've described sound more like AIDS to me btw.

;)

I was waiting for the sarcastic reply when I saw you were typing... Bastid!

Cheers for the first reply though - will look into it.

Bloke I used to work with has it, he had a fair bit of time off work and then came back and has been pretty good with it.

The GP he had said he was really good and not shitty like what Gem said. Like he said though that was a long time ago though.

Good luck fella.

What do any of you peeps know about this? Our lass reckons I might have it going by some symptoms I've got. Aside from the previously alluded prolonged levels of stress I've been suffering, I've also got:
  • Claminess
  • Shortness of breath
  • Forgetfulness
  • Irritable
  • Severe mood swings
  • Irritable Bowel

I'd been putting it down mainly to the stress I'm going through and a reduction in exercise / gain in weight. But I must admit the joint aches have baffled me. Feels like I used to after I'd played a game of football for the first time in months, or I'd done a road race but in reality, I've done little more than kicked a football at the park with the kids. Like I said, she's convinced there's more to it.

What's the deal here? Is it something I go and discuss with a GP or are they likely to bat it to one side? Opinions (serious ones) welcome.

that very well could be stress. it can do some very unusual and unexpected things to your body and to your mental health.

then again, thoses symtoms could point towards something else. always best to see a doctor if theyve lasted longer than a few days

• Claminess
  • Shortness of breath
  • Forgetfulness
  • Irritable
  • Severe mood swings
  • Irritable Bowel

as suggested further down, see a doctor. You are far too young to be suffering like this. I'm 56 and I seem to be in much better health than you mate [although you can never tell I suppose]

I've never worked with a Dr yet who doesn't think M.E is made up. Most of them put the feeling down to a mixture of laziness, low mood, poor diet or lack of exercise.

Not saying you have M.E btw, I think you are most likely just stressed to bits about your personal circumstances and its manifesting itself in this way. No need to get the wheelchair out yet

You sound a bit like Adrian Mole tbf with that list of symptoms like Craig. Are you sure you're not just. Mssive hypochondriac?

Jokes aside, ME is no joke. If that's what it is. My friend who had it was in a car crash with her mum and her sister. Her mum died but the two sisters survived. Obviously a massive trauma like that will affect you; she was diagnosed with ME and ended up taking the best part of a year off work. Have you experienced large amounts of stress in your life? If so, a physical breakdown driven by mental illness can be just as debilitating as a nervous breakdown.

Hope it turns out to be nothing too serious.

Edited by Dr Gloom

Again, the above sounds more like PTSD than ME. I think people are too quick to label everything these days. If the docs can't find a physical cause then it must be a mental cause! Why cant we just accept that people get down every now and again?

Again, the above sounds more like PTSD than ME. I think people are too quick to label everything these days. If the docs can't find a physical cause then it must be a mental cause! Why cant we just accept that people get down every now and again?

I think ME can be mental illness that manifests itself through prolonged and debilitating physical symptoms though. It can be quite different in nature to post traumatic shock.

• Claminess
  • Shortness of breath

• Forgetfulness
  • Irritable
  • Severe mood swings
  • Irritable Bowel

I think you need to do exercise, makes you feel better physically and as a result mentally. You see some proper fat cunts though and they look happy, look at Paul Wyn completely oblivious to the fact he's one of Tyneside's most hated men. I don't think that's ME the bits in bold seem like things you get through depression or trauma. Am nee Quincy, but maybe if you changed your job you'd feel happier? Or maybe if the toon start turning this massive corner you might? Lots of people who know me say my mood hinges on the toon a lot of the time. Sad but true.

Get a grip. There's fuck all wrong with you. Malingering twat. The NHS is stretched enough without the likes of you mamby-pamby soft touches turning up at your GP claiming you've got M.E. or Bad Aids.

Fresh air! That's the answer.

;)

Hmmm, not convinced. You never see any sectioned with ME like

Well, whatever it was, my mate was in a bad way for the best part of a year.

Well he would be, what with seeing his mother get killed and all. Thats not ME, thats just being human

Robbie Williams had some mad thing wrong with him didn't he, some rare illness, and he didn't even know he had it, he just thought he was turning in to a tired old miserable cunt. Might be that, not that in any way you come over like that on here Craig, you don't.

Hmmm, not convinced. You never see any sectioned with ME like

Well, whatever it was, my mate was in a bad way for the best part of a year.

Well he would be, what with seeing his mother get killed and all. Thats not ME, thats just being human

Yeah but the difference between typical shock and depression symptoms and what she had was it was the physical side of it that did her in. Obviously she was under massive mental stress but she said it was like she had flu for a year. Couldn't get out of bed, achy joints, weak knees, trembling etc.

Edited by Dr Gloom