Steve Harper

Tooj

I know Forster's just went out on loan, but I reckon Harper will be off as well. Harper's not injured either. A lad from work is best mates with Derek Wright's son, and he told him he was just left out of the squad on Saturday.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Forster's just went out on loan, but I reckon Harper will be off as well. Harper's not injured either. A lad from work is best mates with Derek Wright's son, and he told him he was just left out of the squad on Saturday.

That's what I don't get. It was fairly common knowledge that Harper wasn't injured so I'd presumed we were granting Krul & Forster the chance to fight for the no.1 position. Letting Fraser go out on loan though just doesn't make sense. Or are Celtic funding his wages?

Replaced by Rob Green if rumours are true.

Or not.

Looks like The Sun got the wrong Rob and the wrong side of the River Thames tbh.

That's what I don't get. It was fairly common knowledge that Harper wasn't injured so I'd presumed we were granting Krul & Forster the chance to fight for the no.1 position. Letting Fraser go out on loan though just doesn't make sense. Or are Celtic funding his wages?

I'd say they're probably funding his wages, and Pardew probably doesn't fancy him after his rather timid displays in pre-season.

Shame like because what I've seen of him, he's the best of the three.

I still reckon Harper's been frozen out due to what he's said.

I'd say they're probably funding his wages, and Pardew probably doesn't fancy him after his rather timid displays in pre-season.

is that the Leeds game your talking about? Not seen anything from that game but have been told big Forster had a howler of a game?

is that the Leeds game your talking about? Not seen anything from that game but have been told big Forster had a howler of a game?

He was awful in the Leeds game, poor in one of our USA games that I saw, and didn't really have anything to do against Darlington.

When Harper was told by Pardew that Krul was in against Arsenal and he would be on the bench, Harper told Pardew to stick the bench up his arse and then went home in a big huff.

Wouldn't surprise me. No way to act either way.

When Harper was told by Pardew that Krul was in against Arsenal and he would be on the bench, Harper told Pardew to stick the bench up his arse and then went home in a big huff.

I don't believe that for one moment. Even if he was told that it's not in Harper's personalilty to react like that. They've frozen him out because of his comments during the summer tbh. Cutting their nose off to spite their face massively.

I don't believe that for one moment. Even if he was told that it's not in Harper's personalilty to react like that. They've frozen him out because of his comments during the summer tbh. Cutting their nose off to spite their face massively.

Think it's a combination of him not being number 1 anymore, and he'll be on decent wages still, so they want to try and peddle him and bring in a backup keeper on a lot less wages.

A case of being too loyal to the club. Something we all cherish is despised by our current owner.

:lol:

Too loyal/unambitious/paid handsomely for getting splinters in his arse.

What did he say during the summer?

A case of being too loyal to the club. Something we all cherish is despised by our current owner.

Speaking his mind about the club he cares about equals getting frozen out.

They don't want people that really care about the club on the pitch, they want automatons that keep their traps shut and tow the line. Their ideal type is a guttersnipe like Pardew. Fancy 11 of them on the pitch?

We'll see if there's any spirit this season. I suspect little.

Im telling you, were all going to hell and rapidly

Well, I hope I'm not going to hell but NUFC certainly is............................

All together lads................ "Get out of our club, get out of our cluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurb etc......"

Speaking his mind about the club he cares about equals getting frozen out.

They don't want people that really care about the club on the pitch, they want automatons that keep their traps shut and tow the line. Their ideal type is a guttersnipe like Pardew. Fancy 11 of them on the pitch?

We'll see if there's any spirit this season. I suspect little.

I'm not bothered as long as people do the business on the pitch. Like how at the moment I feel Krul is a better keeper than Harper, so if that means Harper's off, then I'm so be it.

From his wikipedia page:

Robert "Rob" Elliot (born 30 April 1986) is a versatile English football goalkeeper, who has also been known to cover at left and Left-Back currently playing for Newcastle United and has been offered the iconic Newcastle number 9 shirt in a bizarre turn of events with Alan Pardew mistaking the goalkeeper as a striker stating that "at 6ft 3 Rob will offer us an option upfront and I think he will be clinical and the ideal replacement for Shefki [Kuqi]"