Steve Harper

Tooj

A case of being too loyal to the club. Something we all cherish is despised by our current owner.

:lol:

Too loyal/unambitious/paid handsomely for getting splinters in his arse.

Speaking his mind about the club he cares about equals getting frozen out.

They don't want people that really care about the club on the pitch, they want automatons that keep their traps shut and tow the line. Their ideal type is a guttersnipe like Pardew. Fancy 11 of them on the pitch?

We'll see if there's any spirit this season. I suspect little.

I'm not bothered as long as people do the business on the pitch. Like how at the moment I feel Krul is a better keeper than Harper, so if that means Harper's off, then I'm so be it.

My point being that those with spirit and genuine passion for the club are actively being frozen out, leaving what behind?

But aye, if this rag tag bunch of Championship players, loanees, PAYPers and striking sulking snail suckers do the biz then fuck all those who left, obviously.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not bothered as long as people do the business on the pitch. Like how at the moment I feel Krul is a better keeper than Harper, so if that means Harper's off, then I'm so be it.

Id much rather have Harper vying for first choice than this random wev'e got. If Krul gets injured then we could be well fucked.

Anyone that fans have an afiliation with and who appear committed to the club and understand the region and fans and that could be hugely beneficial in a future coaching role - GET OUT .

Divide and conquer .

Doesn't need pie charts and Venn diagrams to work it out .

Anyone that fans have an afiliation with and who appear committed to the club and understand the region and fans and that could be hugely beneficial in a future coaching role - GET OUT .

Divide and conquer .

Think we've signed some good players (obviously they have a lot to prove) but I get the feeling (inevitably tbh) that they have no real feeling for or affiliation with the club. Could be costly in the long run.

Divide and conquer .

Think we've signed some good players (obviously they have a lot to prove) but I get the feeling (inevitably tbh) that they have no real feeling for or affiliation with the club. Could be costly in the long run.

This is my worry too. Potentially some 'good deals' and might do the business but to change the balance of the squad in the way he has (i dont mean wotshisface the manager) is very risky imo.

To use the letter 'b' a few times here - when it comes a time to battle have we got bottlers or ballbreakers

beguiling ?

Divide and conquer .

This is my worry too. Potentially some 'good deals' and might do the business but to change the balance of the squad in the way he has (i dont mean wotshisface the manager) is very risky imo.

To use the letter 'b' a few times here - when it comes a time to battle have we got bottlers or ballbreakers

beguiling ?

First big test of character comes on Saturday I suppose.

The way people are going on you'd think we could be losing Peter Schmeichel at his peak. Harper is shite, he reminds me of Neville Southall in his final season at Bradford but not as fat. He's got nee athleticism he doesn't fill you with confidence and I for one will be pleased if he goes. This kid might be shite, but I always wanted Krul anyway.

The way people are going on you'd think we could be losing Peter Schmeichel at his peak. Harper is shite, he reminds me of Neville Southall in his final season at Bradford but not as fat. He's got nee athleticism he doesn't fill you with confidence and I for one will be pleased if he goes. This kid might be shite, but I always wanted Krul anyway.

See this is it for me I've been wanting Krul to get the #1 and if i was harper i wouldn't have wanted to stay either, which is fair enough.

My problem is them letting F.F fuck off to celtic and bringing in some league 1 also ran who couldn't get a game for charlton...

thats just suicidal at the back if Krul gets any sort of proper injury that keeps him out for a while.

That's about the size of it. I've been in favour of Krul getting the nod for a while now. He certainly has the potential to be a lot better keeper than Harper imo, not least due to his size.

Its clear that they're peddling him for non-football reasons. This is more to do with him being part of the players committee imo.

As it happens I don't rate him and would prefer to see Krul given his chance although I'm expecting a few mistakes from him along the way but thats just part of the learning curve.

See this is it for me I've been wanting Krul to get the #1 and if i was harper i wouldn't have wanted to stay either, which is fair enough.

My problem is them letting F.F fuck off to celtic and bringing in some league 1 also ran who couldn't get a game for charlton...

thats just suicidal at the back if Krul gets any sort of proper injury that keeps him out for a while.

Forster said he didn't want to sit on the bench, after his pre season I imagine Celtic were the only interested team.

Another season of games will help him improve and for the cynics raise his value.

It seems odd to have him on the bench on Saturday, I can only think Forster asked for a move.

Tough fucking shit if he doesn't want to sit on the bench. He's the 2nd/3rd choice keeper ffs. Who the fuck do these players think they are? He's done absolutely fuck all to deserve a start in the league so if we're getting rid of Harper it's logical to keep Forster here.

We're going for the Man U, Man City young goalkeeper aproach but knowing us we'll fall flat on our arse. I'm a fan of Krul though hope it works out.

Only problem I can see is that he'll definitely drop some clangers. I hope the crowd stay with him. Mike Hooper was a ruined man when he fucked up.

We're going for the Man U, Man City young goalkeeper aproach but knowing us we'll fall flat on our arse. I'm a fan of Krul though hope it works out.

Only problem I can see is that he'll definitely drop some clangers. I hope the crowd stay with him. Mike Hooper was a ruined man when he fucked up.

Thats what I mean. Look at the pressure De Gea is under already. Imagine he played in front of real football fans! The pressure is on for Krul but his national team seem to trust him so why not give him a shot?

I actually thought Krul was less flappy than usual against Arsenal and commanded his box a lot better. Not fantastic, but a lot better. That was always my criticism of Given, superb shot stopper but not great at set pieces and crosses. Think Harper fell into this a bit as well.

Tough fucking shit if he doesn't want to sit on the bench. He's the 2nd/3rd choice keeper ffs. Who the fuck do these players think they are? He's done absolutely fuck all to deserve a start in the league so if we're getting rid of Harper it's logical to keep Forster here.

Go on, Alex! Sort them oot.

I actually thought Krul was less flappy than usual against Arsenal and commanded his box a lot better. Not fantastic, but a lot better. That was always my criticism of Given, superb shot stopper but not great at set pieces and crosses. Think Harper fell into this a bit as well.

Yeah but Given was/is a quality keeper another one of them would do nicely thank you very much. Never thought much to Harper as a first choice keeper tbh. I'm all for loyalty but quality is more important... Obviously.

Guest Your Name Here

Harper has two years left on his contract and I’d amazed if he leaves SJP, even if the club want shot of him. It’s highly unlikely he’d get an equivalent salary elsewhere and he’s shown he can live without first team football. He'll stay put until he’s constructively dismissed / retires.

The one area we didn’t need to strengthen was goalkeeper and this is an unbelievably stupid piece of transfer business. The club have completely lost the plot. It’s one thing to draw up a transfer target list consisting entirely of players with one year left on their contract who will go strike to get their dream move to zero ambition NUFC, but signing someone just because they are going cheap is madness.

CHARLTON Athletic chief executive Stephen Kavanagh says the Addicks have rejected a £100,000 bid for keeper Rob Elliot.

There had been reports that Elliot was close to signing for United but Kavanagh said: "Newcastle made a written offer of £100,000 for Robbie on Wednesday, and made it clear that it was their final and best offer.

"The offer was rejected within minutes, and Newcastle then confirmed they no longer had an interest in the player.

"We have contacted the Premier League today to register our concern at public statements being made by Newcastle after they withdrew their interest."

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-u.../#ixzz1VU7CBzHM

Jesus fucking wept :lol:

How low can you go....