Steve Harper

Tooj

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CHARLTON Athletic chief executive Stephen Kavanagh says the Addicks have rejected a £100,000 bid for keeper Rob Elliot.

There had been reports that Elliot was close to signing for United but Kavanagh said: "Newcastle made a written offer of £100,000 for Robbie on Wednesday, and made it clear that it was their final and best offer.

"The offer was rejected within minutes, and Newcastle then confirmed they no longer had an interest in the player.

"We have contacted the Premier League today to register our concern at public statements being made by Newcastle after they withdrew their interest."

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-u.../#ixzz1VU7CBzHM

Jesus fucking wept :lol:

How low can you go....

These twunts can limbo under Satan's winnets.

Speaking about Krul's performance last night, Pardew on SSN today spoke (assumedly of Harper ?) thusly -

". . the keeper behind him is a great custodian of this club"

On that basis alone, and with the way these stupid fuckin Weebles roll, I'd say "ah whey - thanks for your time Steve" :icon_lol:

I'd be amazed if Harper was on massive wages like. When was his last deal here? Anyway, he doesn't have to leave if he doesn't want to. It would be a strange time to seek 1st team opportunities too.

I'd be amazed if Harper was on massive wages like. When was his last deal here? Anyway, he doesn't have to leave if he doesn't want to. It would be a strange time to seek 1st team opportunities too.

30-40k ?

i reckon he'll retire tbh and theyre expecting forster gone to celtic permanently at the end of this season.

getting one in now as a backup rather than two next season makes sense in a way

Speaking about Krul's performance last night, Pardew on SSN today spoke (assumedly of Harper ?) thusly -

On that basis alone, and with the way these stupid fuckin Weebles roll, I'd say "ah whey - thanks for your time Steve" :D

That made me spit coffee seeing as I read the last line as part of the Pardew Statement.

On that basis alone, and with the way these stupid fuckin Weebles roll, I'd say "ah whey - thanks for your time Steve" :D

That made me spit coffee seeing as I read the last line as part of the Pardew Statement.

:D

30-40k ?

Just checked and he got an extension when Given went to Citeh. I'd be very shocked if it was that much. Seems odd either way though, i.e. trying to force him out would be pointless if he is on that much as he won't get it elsewhere (has two years, including this season, to run on his current deal) and if he's on less than that buying in inferior replacements doesn't make a lot of sense either.

Keppers tend to be the lowest paid players so I'd be amazed if Harper was on more than £20k.

You just reminded me that Given wasn't on very much (relatively speaking) which only backs the notion Harper won't be on a lot.

i reckon he'll retire tbh and theyre expecting forster gone to celtic permanently at the end of this season.

getting one in now as a backup rather than two next season makes sense in a way

Until Krul gets injured and we have a League 1 keeper and Sodeberg as back up