12 days to get a left back and striker in

Holden McGroin

Will we do it?  

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

AP now saying Taylor will be lb again on Saturday. I'm sure he said we would have 2players in by the weekend. Do you think he actually believes it or he knows all along that he's talking shite?

But did he say "100%" ? I wont believe a word he says if it's not finished with "100%".

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AP now saying Taylor will be lb again on Saturday. I'm sure he said we would have 2players in by the weekend. Do you think he actually believes it or he knows all along that he's talking shite?

Im starting to think he is one of these blokes and tells a blatant lie without battering an eyelid and then forgetting he told that lie 5 mins later. Constant bullshitter who will say what people want to hear at that moment in time regardless of how accurate it may be.

Just a (slightly) more upmarket version of Joe Kinnear really.

Im starting to think he is one of these blokes and tells a blatant lie without battering an eyelid and then forgetting he told that lie 5 mins later. Constant bullshitter who will say what people want to hear at that moment in time regardless of how accurate it may be.

Just a (slightly) more upmarket version of Joe Kinnear really.

Simon Bird? You're a 100% cunt.

Don't know why people bother listening to Pardew at all. He's either working totally on guesswork, working on complete bullshit from above or just a lying cunt.

Anyway you look at it he's not worth paying attention to.

The more this window goes on the more it seems he has nothing to do with transfers.

Wonder how long it'll take the press to figure it out and they stop asking him questions. :lol:

Don't know why people bother listening to Pardew at all. He's either working totally on guesswork, working on complete bullshit from above or just a lying cunt.

I honestly don't blame the man - he's probably just as frustrated by the administration as we all are.

I honestly don't blame the man - he's probably just as frustrated by the administration as we all are.

No, he's just a lying c**t.

Don't know if we'll get either but if we don't it will be a fucking tough season for Pardew. Not that arsed about the LB as long as it's someone with experience of playing there regularly. If we don't bring a striker in though we could be in roughly the same position as at the end of last season when the injuries piled up. The new Lovenkrands wallpaper tweeted by the club doesn't bode well on that front.

How can you not blame him? He is basically getting paid to lie to us. He's known that would be his role when he first signed his soul to the fat devil. For anyone now to say pardew didnt know or expect this to happen is nonsense. I reckon pardew has so far done a good job in bullshitting the fans. If you had told me that a manager would be able to sell enrique, sell nolan, tell us joey is on the transfer list, and not spend any of the carroll money and still be standing, i would have told you youre a mad man. But hes done it, so credit to him.

I agree with this. Even if he was told transfers would be handled above his pay grade, it would not be unreasonable to expect those charged with the task to actually carry out.

It sounds more and more like stalling or backing out of deals over small sums which seems a very stupid mindset especially given the money that's gone in.

This is how I see it too. Used car salesman patter, just part of the job as far as he's concerned. My guess is all 3 scenarios apply.

Probably just happy to be in a job more like.

Probably just happy to be paying off his debts to Dekka without having his legs broken.

fyp

I'll be amazed if we get both a new LB and a new striker in.

A new LB surely has to happen, but I can't see bringing in another striker.

Perhaps if we were willing to pay the extra £1-2m that clubs value their players at, we'd be alright. Just spend the money already.