Danny Simpson

DubiousBobcat

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All these mid range players expecting to get £60,000 a week are going to start getting shocks over the next few years. i can see all clubs bar Man united, man city, Chelsea and maybe Lolerpool really cutting back on player wages with the FFP coming in. Tottenham will fail to reach the group stages of the CL this season (fingers well and truly crossed) and signs are all the other clubs are looking to cut back too. In two years time £25,000 a week for a half decent left back will look like loads of money. IMHO

If Danny Simpson thinks he's worth more than £25'000 a week he's off his tits.

He wont get a better club than us either. If we are to progress I can't see him in the first team anyway!

He wont get a better club than us either. If we are to progress I can't see him in the first team anyway!

Ditto

thing is, hes played more games than pretty much anyone this season yet he'll be, probably, the lowest paid player in that starting 11

Hell have his agent whispering in his ear about it too but you cant blame the guy for at least wanting parity with most of the team, we know hes not as good as cabaye, colo, Ba or whoever but hes still playing just as many or more games in the same team

All these mid range players expecting to get £60,000 a week are going to start getting shocks over the next few years. i can see all clubs bar Man united, man city, Chelsea and maybe Lolerpool really cutting back on player wages with the FFP coming in. Tottenham will fail to reach the group stages of the CL this season (fingers well and truly crossed) and signs are all the other clubs are looking to cut back too. In two years time £25,000 a week for a half decent left back will look like loads of money. IMHO

Loads of teams are going to have to go through a slash and burn phase, we're better than most (on the pitch) and we've done our belt tightening.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...laid-bare.html

I agree, but he was an integral part of the best defence we've had for eons, but he is (or should be) eminently replaceable.

• 1 month later...

Whatever your thoughts on his ability, he played more games than all bar 2 players last season. First "first team" player to be sold. Assuming Debuchy and Santon are planned to be our fullbacks, who do we have to cover those positions? RTaylor and Perch?

Would assume that Ryan Taylor, Tav, Perch and Dummett (I think) would be our FB cover if we bring in Debuchy. Only thing Simpson has over Debuchy is that he's a year younger.

Where has it been said that he ia definitely leaving?

Don't think it's been confirmed anywhere, but it sounds likely....

http://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/sport/football/articles/2012/07/12/60937-reading-fc-on-verge-of-double-signing/

Whatever your thoughts on his ability, he played more games than all bar 2 players last season. First "first team" player to be sold. Assuming Debuchy and Santon are planned to be our fullbacks, who do we have to cover those positions? RTaylor and Perch?

We haven't gotten Debuchy over the line yet. What really scares me about this transfer policy is selling players before we have others in, simply because they want "value" and all that but now we are hostage to the fact that we NEED a starting RB.

I've said it in another thread- Simpson would have been a great player to have this season but at 25k a week I can understand them moving him on. I still don't think Perch and Raylor are sufficient cover for that position- at least if we want to actually win anything or finish decently in the league.

Edited by colinh9

We'll get someone in man. A good 7 weeks left of this transfer window, and any delay is partly down to the Euros.

Potential selling clubs probably already know that we're after players in certain positions.

Edited by Monroe Transfer

We'll get someone in man. A good 7 weeks left of this transfer window, and any delay is partly down to the Euros.

I'd like to think so- I just don't like putting yourself in a situation where another club KNOWS you desperately need a starting RB. I think in a sense we did that with Big Andy. Clubs knew we really needed a striker and we had all that money, so you get screwed by them inflating the prices. Of course the Jan transfer window is a different beast....

Let's hope a deal is all but agreed for someone, and that someone is named Debuchy :D

Edited by colinh9