Danny Simpson

DubiousBobcat

Just reported on SSN, QPR want to swoop in as contract talks have broken down between us. My prediction is he goes last day of the transfer window and we don't replace him. I have no idea what makes me think that....

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well what can we do. When the big teams with new money come sniffing around heads get turned and we cant hang on to the player.

Etc.

Etc.

To fucking tedium...

It's just Ashley's hard nosed bargaining position in effect. He doesn't want to sell EVERYONE.

If a player is worth £40k a week, he'll offer £20k and see if he can get away with a cut-price bargain.

Some players will walk using that method, but those that stay are excellent value.

Edited by Happy Face

Not particularly good but the best RB at the club. This contract thing seems to have been rumbling on a while too. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see him leave.

It's just Ashley's hard nosed bargaining position in effect. He doesn't want to sell EVERYONE.

If a player is worth £40k a week, he'll offer £20k and see what if he can get away with a cut-price bargain.

Some players will walk using that method, but those that stay are excellent value.

"value" :lol:

Could be worse, you could have the Ridsdale school of contract negotiation. Was it Seth Johnson that couldn't believe his luck?

I think it was him, i.e. him and his agent asked for x and the reply was "I think we can do better than that". :lol:

Could be worse, you could have the Ridsdale school of contract negotiation. Was it Seth Johnson that couldn't believe his luck?

Story was Seth Johnsonand went into the boardroom to discuss his contract, him and his agent went in saying "Ask for £20,000, settle for £15,000." So they went in, and they were offered £25,000. "WHAT?" Seth Johnson replied, obviously shocked at how good the deal is. Then Ridsdale replied, "Ok then, £35,000" :lol:

No idea if its true like, but can believe it.

So thats Colocinni, Simpson, Barton and Harper who could be joining Carroll, Nolan and Enrique :lol: Lets not forget that Tiote will be sold in a heartbeat if one of the big 4 get an injury in the next 2 weeks and decide to make an offer.

Thats 8 of our starting XI from last year!

Story was Seth Johnsonand went into the boardroom to discuss his contract, him and his agent went in saying "Ask for £20,000, settle for £15,000." So they went in, and they were offered £25,000. "WHAT?" Seth Johnson replied, obviously shocked at how good the deal is. Then Ridsdale replied, "Ok then, £35,000" :lol:

No idea if its true like, but can believe it.

Did Shepherd not do something similar with Luque?

So thats Colocinni, Simpson, Barton and Harper who could be joining Carroll, Nolan and Enrique :lol: Lets not forget that Tiote will be sold in a heartbeat if one of the big 4 get an injury in the next 2 weeks and decide to make an offer.

Thats 8 of our starting XI from last year!

Think Coloccini'll be here for this season due to 1) what he's on (c. £80k a week allegedly) and 2) the time left on his contract (2 more years) but I bet he won't sign a new contract here. Enrique all over again in 12 months. But aye, I could see any of the others going before September 1st (still fancy Tiote to leave in Jan if I had to bet on it).

Come on lads.....a lot on here have slated Simpson, I've supported but the back end of last season ment i also was one of those who didnt think he was good enough.

If we get a decent price for him i'd let him go. But then we are back to where we are with the LB and ST situation..........just hope that this time IF they do sell him they have a replacement lined up....NOT Raylor, Saylor, Gosling or Perch though.

His maximum he wanted was £18k a week, Johnson walks in and Ridsdale said "Take it or leave it £37k a week"

Come on lads.....a lot on here have slated Simpson, I've supported but the back end of last season ment i also was one of those who didnt think he was good enough.

If we get a decent price for him i'd let him go. But then we are back to where we are with the LB and ST situation..........just hope that this time IF they do sell him they have a replacement lined up....NOT Raylor, Saylor, Gosling or Perch though.

I think I speak for us all when I say . . . Deano, Fuck Off!

The worry isnt letting him go, its yet another player that wont be replaced while we "make do".