Danny Simpson

DubiousBobcat

Needs to sort himself out, must know he's not playing well.

Can only assume Pardew is aware that's not been good enough as of late, hence putting Santon on vs Spurs. Extra competition will do Simpson good.

I don't think he's a bad player overall, but he's just not been good enough recently.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair to the guy, he's been through hell with his daughter's birth.

Is his bairn doing ok now? Hope so.

Whilst I sympathise for the child, my/our first son was stillborn, I still had to go to work and I didn't serially break the law, he gets paid multi-thousands a week, no excuse.

Whilst I sympathise for the child, my/our first son was stillborn, I still had to go to work and I didn't serially break the law, he gets paid multi-thousands a week, no excuse.

no ones excusing him the speeding for it but I think some performance dropping considering his line of work would be forgiven from most people who arent twats really, since you put it as "I still had to go to work" I assume Ive missed a story where he hasnt shown up for training or we've kicked off in a match and Saylors gone "hang on a mintue, wheres danny?"

Fuck off.

No

Oh and grow up

Listen, you old fool, my point was you can't believe that he wants away because of the statement made in court.

I wasn't defending his speeding. You prick.

no ones excusing him the speeding for it but I think some performance dropping considering his line of work would be forgiven from most people who arent twats really, since you put it as "I still had to go to work" I assume Ive missed a story where he hasnt shown up for training or we've kicked off in a match and Saylors gone "hang on a mintue, wheres danny?"

I meant in terms of his drop in performances/mental state could be a result of his mind being elsewhere.

Honestly can't imagine how heartbreaking it must be to lose a child so early or to see a baby born premature and struggling. Let alone be coping with that and then playing football in front of tens of thousands of people on your back.

Not saying he's ever been a world beater but I thought he did well for us in his first season, I see no reason why he can't enjoy a resurgence/improvement in form once his personal life improves.

Sorry to hear that btw, Toonpack.

Honestly can't imagine how heartbreaking it must be to lose a child so early or to see a baby born premature and struggling. Let alone be coping with that and then playing football in front of tens of thousands of people on your back.

Having gone through what frankly was a small scale version of Dannys circumstance I can totally sympathise with him, that doesnt excuse the speeding or anything else but to expect him to have his mind fully on work would be naive to say the least.

We were lucky, it was never touch and go with George, he had problems when born and spent a fortnight in Intensive/ Special care but we always knew he was coming home. Others arent so lucky and if DS was in that position then I cant imagine what it was like, what he earns however has no bearing on how he should react. Sympathies to you TP nothing must prepare you for that scenario.

I meant in terms of his drop in performances/mental state could be a result of his mind being elsewhere.

Not saying he's ever been a world beater but I thought he did well for us in his first season, I see no reason why he can't enjoy a resurgence/improvement in form once his personal life improves.

Sorry to hear that btw, Toonpack.

Apologies, I didn't appreciate the context, thought the excuse was for the offence as his "mind was elsewhere"

Fuck off.

No

Oh and grow up

Listen, you old fool, my point was you can't believe that he wants away because of the statement made in court.

I wasn't defending his speeding. You prick.

Well make it clearer for us old foggies next time, pup.

Never said he did, the context was more about the serial offences leading to the ban and what I (mistakenly) thought was the childs illness being used as an excuse for that (that, being the offence).

Simpson in court appealing some penalty points which would put him off the road.

Simpson said in terms of his future at Newcastle, he was fully expecting to be put on the transfer list. He said: “There is a chance in the future that I will be moving, whether in the transfer window in January or in the summer.

“I have 18 months’ left on my contract and I don’t think it will go past that.”

He said if he is to travel all over the country to clubs potentially interested in him, he will find it difficult if he cannot drive.

He begged the bench not to ban him from the road despite admitting doing 48mph in a 30mph zone and already having nine penalty points on his licence.

Simpson was caught by a speed camera driving his Audi on Benton Lane near the club’s training ground on April 13. He admitted the charge but the player who had nine points on his licence for three motoring offences including a speeding offence in May 2008, claimed “exceptional hardship”.

When asked by prosecutor Fiona Varley if he could not hire a chauffeur, Simpson replied: “I don’t see a chauffeur as an option because they cost a lot of money.

“I’d have to rely on teammates and taxis.

“I earn less money than most Premiership players although I am on good money.”

Prosecutor Fiona Varley asked: “How do you travel to away matches?”

Simpson replied: “Most away games are down south so we usually fly. But we make our own way to the airport. I drive to the airport.”

Ms Varley suggested to Simpson that he could get a taxi or a lift from teammates to the airport and he replied, “yes I could”.

Simpson said: “I have to get to training and back and with the possibility of me moving (clubs) I will have to travel to new clubs wherever it might be.”

When his barrister Michael Conlon put it to him that he’s no Wayne Rooney in terms of his salary, Simpson replied, “No I’m not. The money I’ve got I want to invest for the future”.

Simpson sat with his head in his hands as magistrates gave him four points for the speeding offence, meaning under totting up procedure he was banned from driving for six months.

What an idiot.

Guest CabayeAye

I think he needs to be granted four weeks compassionate leave to sort his personal life out. Santon, Raylor and Fergie will fill the slots and hopefully he'll come back happy/motivated.

Exceptional hardship?!

Should be banned from opening his mouth the fucking div.

I know but it's the standard defence in a case like this. Shame he's a sub-standard defender like.

Exceptional hardship?!

I know but it's the standard defence in a case like this. Shame he's a sub-standard defender like.

I'm aware of that, it's just totally inappropriate for someone with his income, not to mention fucking ridiculous "I might have to drive to Ipswich in 6 months time'.

Exceptional hardship?!

I'm aware of that, it's just totally inappropriate for someone with his income, not to mention fucking ridiculous "I might have to drive to Ipswich in 6 months time'.

I agree btw. It's a ridiculous argument. It was more about my shoe-horning in the bit about him being shite though ;)

Exceptional hardship?!

I agree btw. It's a ridiculous argument. It was more about my shoe-horning in the bit about him being shite though ;)

Aye fp. No shoe-horning necessary tbf, no matter how tenuous. He's not good enough. Raylor at least offers something extra.

Hopefully this ban means he can no longer make his way to the training ground/airport. God forbid he'd have to fork our for a taxi, the poor mite.

Edited by trophyshy

• 2 weeks later...

Danny Simpson is no doubt the biggest surprise on this list, but those who feel that he doesn't belong haven't watched him play this season.

Simpson has been very solid on both sides of the ball and has been a large part of Newcastle's success this season.

The former Manchester United man wasted no time in becoming Toon's first choice right back. Simpson has become one of the most valuable players at his club, with Newcastle recently offering him a three and a half year contract extension. 

Toon has the best defense at this point in the Premier League, allowing a league low six goals this season.

The sky is the limit for the 24 year old Simpson and I expect him to establish himself as one of the best right backs in the Premier League.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/911167-english-premier-league-best-11-players-at-this-point-in-the-campaign/page/6#/articles/911167-english-premier-league-best-11-players-at-this-point-in-the-campaign/page/6

rofl