Danny Simpson

DubiousBobcat

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Deano, what does your dutch mate say about this? Don't you have another mate who plays cluedo with Barton? Has he got a hot tip?

Your one of team boring as well arent you?

Really quite sad how deluded you are....You think your funny?

You could only dream of having real friends as apposed to your little internet buddies on here, actually coming to think of it i dont think many like you on here neither. Freak.

And before you say about people liking me on here, im not here to score points and be liked. I couldnt give a flying fuck if im liked or not.

I have my opinion and i've earned it. How many games have you been to?

Hello Mr Pot, I'm Mr Kettle.

• 3 weeks later...

NEWCASTLE United have made Danny Simpson a take-it-or-leave-it five-year contract offer – but the right-back won’t be signing it.

Negotiations on a new deal for Simpson have broken down after United’s original offer was too low to persuade the defender to commit his long-term future.

The Sunday Sun understands that United won’t alter the terms of the deal so the two parties have hit stalemate, with Simpson now prepared to play out the final two years of his contract and hope to persuade the Toon hierarchy to change their minds. Interest from QPR and Celtic in the defender persists.

NEWCASTLE United have made Danny Simpson a take-it-or-leave-it five-year contract offer – but the right-back won’t be signing it.

Negotiations on a new deal for Simpson have broken down after United’s original offer was too low to persuade the defender to commit his long-term future.

The Sunday Sun understands that United won’t alter the terms of the deal so the two parties have hit stalemate, with Simpson now prepared to play out the final two years of his contract and hope to persuade the Toon hierarchy to change their minds. Interest from QPR and Celtic in the defender persists.

Let's hope they give him a free transfer too.

Hey Deano, what does your dutch mate say about this? Don't you have another mate who plays cluedo with Barton? Has he got a hot tip?

Your one of team boring as well arent you?

Really quite sad how deluded you are....You think your funny?

You could only dream of having real friends as apposed to your little internet buddies on here, actually coming to think of it i dont think many like you on here neither. Freak.

And before you say about people liking me on here, im not here to score points and be liked. I couldnt give a flying fuck if im liked or not.

I have my opinion and i've earned it. How many games have you been to?

Sadly missed member of this forum. He contributed so much over 6 years; his articulate and insightful posts were the highlight of this board.

Cancel my account please.

All things being equlal, he should be on the bench tomorrow night. Ryan Taylor's done nowt wrong this season bar being shown up a bit by Gervinho in the first half v Arsenal. No disgrace in that. If Simpson's not at the top of his game he can be shown up by virtually anyone. And this season of all seasons we need all the goal threat we can get on to the pitch. Cheers again Mike.

To be fair Simpson isn't good enough to worry about!

It's like like on twitter when Enrique was giving reason's why all the best players were leaving & Routledge said something like ''yea know exactly how u feel''. Yeh he wasn't talking about you Wayne :D

He's good enough for now (sorry I don't buy Raylor being a better DEFENDER because he has scored a couple of crackers) and will be good enough back up in the long term but it seems he might be getting ideas above his station.

I know the board are a bunch of pricks but if they can offer the likes of Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Tiote etc.. satisfactory comments it's difficult to believe they couldn't offer Simpson a reasonable contract.

• 1 month later...

Simpson in court appealing some penalty points which would put him off the road.

Simpson said in terms of his future at Newcastle, he was fully expecting to be put on the transfer list. He said: “There is a chance in the future that I will be moving, whether in the transfer window in January or in the summer.

“I have 18 months’ left on my contract and I don’t think it will go past that.”

He said if he is to travel all over the country to clubs potentially interested in him, he will find it difficult if he cannot drive.

He begged the bench not to ban him from the road despite admitting doing 48mph in a 30mph zone and already having nine penalty points on his licence.

Simpson was caught by a speed camera driving his Audi on Benton Lane near the club’s training ground on April 13. He admitted the charge but the player who had nine points on his licence for three motoring offences including a speeding offence in May 2008, claimed “exceptional hardship”.

When asked by prosecutor Fiona Varley if he could not hire a chauffeur, Simpson replied: “I don’t see a chauffeur as an option because they cost a lot of money.

“I’d have to rely on teammates and taxis.

“I earn less money than most Premiership players although I am on good money.”

Prosecutor Fiona Varley asked: “How do you travel to away matches?”

Simpson replied: “Most away games are down south so we usually fly. But we make our own way to the airport. I drive to the airport.”

Ms Varley suggested to Simpson that he could get a taxi or a lift from teammates to the airport and he replied, “yes I could”.

Simpson said: “I have to get to training and back and with the possibility of me moving (clubs) I will have to travel to new clubs wherever it might be.”

When his barrister Michael Conlon put it to him that he’s no Wayne Rooney in terms of his salary, Simpson replied, “No I’m not. The money I’ve got I want to invest for the future”.

Simpson sat with his head in his hands as magistrates gave him four points for the speeding offence, meaning under totting up procedure he was banned from driving for six months.

Which leads to:

@dannysimpson12

Don't believe everything u read, things get taken out of context! Very happy at Newcastle n I'm staying

Prompting this from Simon 'c*nt' Bird

@simonbirdmirror

As a journo I take offence at the "don't believe everything you read" and "out of context" line. When Danny made those claims in court

Now Stevie is going radge at some Brummies.

Edited by Barney

It was a line used in an attempt to avoid a driving ban, can't blame the fella.

Best way to avoid a ban is not to drive at 48 mph in a 30 mph zone, so yes I can, and do, blame him.

It was a line used in an attempt to avoid a driving ban, can't blame the fella.

That's all it is, anyone that thinks anything else needs to have a serious word with themselves. My mate got off with a ban by saying he runs an u13's rugby team and drives them to away games, you've just got to bullshit them and hope for the best.

He would find it difficult?! FUCK OFF

He could easily pay someone to drive him around.

:lol: He's not doing himself a favor trying to seem like he's hard done by, he's easily on at least £10k a week probably earns about the same in a month as the people he's trying to convince earn a year.