Danny Simpson

DubiousBobcat

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Tin hat on* I think he's had an excellent start to the season. He's cheap, reliable, doesn't get injured and was part of a settled back four which was conceding very few goals. I don't remember too much coming down our right side this season.

Thats probably more to do with teams looking to exploit Raylor down the left than Simpson's ability.

Think he gets a lot of shit when his worst crime is being an average defender playing ok. Starforth reckons the reason talks have broken down is the manner in which the wage is paid, rather than Simpson demanding more money. Seems an odd thing to state unless it's true.

Think he gets a lot of shit when his worst crime is being an average defender playing ok. Starforth reckons the reason talks have broken down is the manner in which the wage is paid, rather than Simpson demanding more money. Seems an odd thing to state unless it's true.

He wants paid monthly in Omega watches, Ashley is offering it weekly in returned donnay sandals.

if thats the case then possibly more over the as you play bonuses than flat wage

cant remember who it was (some agent who had retired I think) who said that basic wages havent ballooned as much as people think, its stuff like appearance fees and goal/clean sheet bonuses etc that are mental

He wants paid monthly in Omega watches, Ashley is offering it weekly in returned donnay sandals.

Would Nandos coupons present a happy compromise?

*getscoat*

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't understand why he stands off so much. It's not a skill few can learn or anything. You either do it or you don't.

Surely the manager and staff can see this, but clearly don't make a point of telling him to do it. He's got some good attributes does Simpson, but he needs to sort himself out in some areas.

Good piece. Interesting to see the stats showing Santon's solid start - I actually thought he was a little clumsy with regards to fouls but the stats don't agree. I would definitely suggest we ought to take action to bring in someone better than Simpson in the summer. I think we've kept faith with him for a while now but he commits basic errors too often and has been our weakest link defensively very often.

That piece is absolutely spot on. Simpson simply isn't good enough to be a top 6 RB. We should definately be looking to get a new Full back to play with Santon before the start of next season. He's been woeful the last few games, too.

Like Collo it'll take a season before Santon is in top gear. Adapting to the PL is like playing on Mars after coming from Europe. Hope Wilson goes he's pure shit.

Edited by Park Life

That piece is absolutely spot on. Simpson simply isn't good enough to be a top 6 RB. We should definately be looking to get a new Full back to play with Santon before the start of next season. He's been woeful the last few games, too.

Like Collo it'll take a season before Santon is in top gear. Adapting to the PL is like playing on Mars after coming from Europe. Hope Wilson goes he's pure shit.

Tiote, Cisse and Cabaye all adapted quickly. My only concern with Santon is that he's a little too attack minded. He needs to remember he's a defender first, overlapping and looking for crosses second

I still maintain that we're only 2-3 players away from a really good side. Simpson will 'do' as cover, so that'd overs some of the lacking squad depth.

a good CB to partner Colo would make all the difference imo. We are missing Taylor a lot more than we thought we would. Samba might have pushed us into the top 6

I still maintain that we're only 2-3 players away from a really good side. Simpson will 'do' as cover, so that'd overs some of the lacking squad depth.

a good CB to partner Colo would make all the difference imo. We are missing Taylor a lot more than we thought we would. Samba might have pushed us into the top 6

We are in the top 6 ;)

I think to really kick us on we need a center half, a right back and a right winger. The two defenders would need to be as close to parity with Coloccini as possible and the winger should be at least as good as Jonas.

I wouldn't mind us going for a winger who can actually deliver from wide areas and one who can be a danger from set pieces, as, at the moment, I don't really think we have a free-kick threat. Cabaye and R.Taylor have scored some crackers, but I fear they're the exception to the rule.