Danny Simpson

DubiousBobcat

Simpson is a good squad player. I think one position we will look at is RB in the summer. Cabaye reckons we should get his mate Debuchy, haven't seen him play but has played internationally.

Pass Debuchy 'pon de left hand side?

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simpson is a good squad player. I think one position we will look at is RB in the summer. Cabaye reckons we should get his mate Debuchy, haven't seen him play but has played internationally.

First Santon, now Debuchy?! You're a madman! a Madman I says!

Brilliant :)

Brilliant :)

Cheers :lol: I expect not many people remember Musical Youth !

I suppose the first question is whether he wants a new contract

He said he does but wants more than were offering...Going by the previous times this has happened he will be sold.

That is why we need to get rid. Forget notions about having him as a squad player, he thinks he is billy big bucks and a future England RB.

Either you support him as our first-choice long-term RB, or we need to get rid.

He will never accept a life on the bench and the odd 8-10 games a season. If we can get 5 mill for him, I`d snap your cock off.

For that sum Carr can get us two french superstar RB`s who might actually be able to play fotball.

Which would be an upgrade, because Simpson cant.

I agree that he is quite decent defensively - still I wouldnt put any money on him vs a good winger - usually ends up with him reversing into the box and perhaps an "off-the-line" clearance for which CT will champion him.

It all depends on perspective. I would call Enrique good defensively, and he still had his arse handed to him by Alex Valencia, Daniel Sturridge and Ben Arfa recently. Ïn comparison Simpson is gash.

Simmo is quite good defensively when compared to his offensive qualities, but as an isolated skillset I would call him quite average.

Whenever I see our starting line-up, his name on the sheet screams "WEAK LINK" - and as such handing him a new 5-year on 25 grand a week seems like madness.

As a 10k/week squad player I would be far more sympathetic to a renewal, as things stand - get rid and cash in on him. We will be singing "5 mill what a bargain" at loftus next year when he gets rinced for 90 minutes straight if we play our cards right this summer.

Guest CabayeAye

He's not good enough to be our starting RB. He would be decent cover, but I would prefer a back up full back who could play on both flanks.

He'll never play for a bigger club than us and I think he knows that he won't be our 1st choice RB after the summer when we get a couple of better defenders in.

It's a mixture of him thinking he's a top PL RB (he isn't), us knowing we will get better in the summer (I think Santon will play RB with Pieters LB) and us not (rightly) wanting to pay backup players more than 25k a week. If he wants regular football next season, he needs to go to a lower PL team.

Good luck to him, he's been decent for us, but it's time for us to move on to better players.

Pretty much. But he seems quite thick, I think you are overestimating him if you think he is onboard with the idea that he needs replacing.

He retweets all msges about him playing for england, moans that capello never visits(visited) st.james park and constantly blames everybody else.

As you say, 25k is ALOT for a fringe player who might end up getting NO games, Id rather sign 3 20 year old ligue 1 talents at 5 grand a week each..one of them might turn out to be the next eric abidal.

5 grand a week is alot of money for french players, 340.000 euro a year - you dont need many years of that before you are set for life with a bicycle and a wineyard in provence with that :)

Edited by Lake Bells tits

Guest CabayeAye
Pretty much. But he seems quite thick, I think you are overestimating him if you think he is onboard with the idea that he needs replacing. He retweets all msges about him playing for england, moans that capello never visits(visited) st.james park and constantly blames everybody else. As you say, 25k is ALOT for a fringe player who might end up getting NO games, Id rather sign 3 20 year old ligue 1 talents at 5 grand a week each..one of them might turn out to be the next eric abidal. 5 grand a week is alot of money for french players, 340.000 euro a year - you dont need many years of that before you are set for life with a bicycle and a wineyard in provence with that :)

Apparently vinyards are fuckloads of graft, so It's not my dream, thankyouverymuch. :)

Guest CabayeAye

Depends if you set out to make the worlds best wine, or just something drinkable. Im in the latter category.

I'd just want to work in a nice place and make a large amount of money.

I understand from our perspective we look at him as a back up and don't want to pay him big bucks, but as a 2 year premiership starter and having performed to a decent standard consistently only being on £9k a week while other right backs that aren't as good imo like Onouha are on £60k a week it must be pretty frustrating. As that's probably the case we just need to move him on as we could definitely get better value for money from the French league where we seem to be gaining alot of popularity among players.

Like I've said earlier, I'd love to keep the lad as backup especially as Santon so far hasn't been able to stay fit consistently.

Edited by Howay

Didn't play too great for me yesterday. A lot of the play was down the left and you can see why with Santon ( who played really well ) Simpson got forward a couple times and hit a few crosses into level 7 ;)

If we qualify for europe and buy in a new top RB I think he will still play a lot of games as cover,

• 1 month later...