Mohamed Salah

Christmas Tree

Youngster Mohamed Salah, who rose to prominence during the U-20 World Cup, said on Friday that Newcastle United would table a bid to sign him from Arab Contractors on a season-long loan.

Salah earned plaudits after producing a string of impressive displays in the U-20 World Cup in Colombia, where Egypt suffered a last-16 exit after losing 2-1 to Argentina.

“Newcastle will soon make an official offer to sign me for one season. I don’t think Contractors will refuse to let me play in the English Premier League,” he told Ahram Online.

“It’s a dream for any player to play in one of the strongest league competitions in the world.”

During the World Cup, Salah bamboozled opponents with some neat tricks and superb footwork but he was often blamed for failing to apply the finishing touch, having wasted many goal-scoring opportunities.

He scored one goal in the tournament, converting a penalty in the defeat by Argentina. Egyptian reports said that Cairo duo Ahly and Zamalek were also considering signing him in the close season.

“I want to play abroad, I think this would be my next step,” added Salah, who warned a call-up to Egypt’s senior team.

Youngster Mohamed Salah, who rose to prominence during the U-20 World Cup, said on Friday that Newcastle United would table a bid to sign him from Arab Contractors on a season-long loan.

Salah earned plaudits after producing a string of impressive displays in the U-20 World Cup in Colombia, where Egypt suffered a last-16 exit after losing 2-1 to Argentina.

“Newcastle will soon make an official offer to sign me for one season. I don’t think Contractors will refuse to let me play in the English Premier League,” he told Ahram Online.

“It’s a dream for any player to play in one of the strongest league competitions in the world.”

During the World Cup, Salah bamboozled opponents with some neat tricks and superb footwork but he was often blamed for failing to apply the finishing touch, having wasted many goal-scoring opportunities.

He scored one goal in the tournament, converting a penalty in the defeat by Argentina. Egyptian reports said that Cairo duo Ahly and Zamalek were also considering signing him in the close season.

“I want to play abroad, I think this would be my next step,” added Salah, who warned a call-up to Egypt’s senior team.

gr8 just what the doctor ordered

I've finally figured out what ashley's transfer policy is - at the start of each window pardew gets to put the names of 10 players from each country in a hat...

there must also be some wild cards like "pick any 5 players from france!"

there's no more reason to it than opening a new pack for your fucking sticker album