Football Manager 2012

2bias

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Nice!

Seems I might just about survive my CL group of death. Drew with CSKA and Juventus, but then somehow pulled out an amazing 4-2 victory over R. Madrid at St. James'. Didn't help that their two goals were both own goals from Krul and Corluka, but at the end of the day they didn't count for much! Likely to lose at the Bernabeu, so just need to hold on vs. Juve away and snatch a victory vs. CSKA at home.

Managed to qualify from my CL group - Got Porto in the next round.

Just had an amazing 10-goal thriller vs. Fulham. Won 7-3! Cabaye hat-trick, two for Cisse, one from Rochina and one from Gutierrez. Means I am sitting pretty at the top of the league as I come into January. Arsenal are close behind, but I have a good gap between me and third.

Edited by Nyff

Signed Debuchy from Tottenham on the cheap in my second season after he was transfer listed by request. Sweeet! Walking the league at the moment, and got a good chance of winning the League Cup too.

its by far the most realistic thing to do, most transfers nowadays are over a period rather than up front cash

we're one of the few clubs to do it the up front way iirc

I don't know of any others at our level that do actually.

I love this game- been addicted since I was a kid. The last one I had going I took Wolfsburg to a few German titles but could only get to quarters of CL. Took over Liverpool in like season 5 and won 5 Champions League Cups in a row, and 4 league titles in a row. I haven't picked it back up, just kind of got bored of it. I usually go through crazy phases with it though.

Do you guys use Genie? Certain games I am tempted to but it almost feels like cheating

Coming to the end of my second season. Won the League Cup and should easily win the league. In the FA Cup Semi and the CL Quarters, though not expecting to progress in the latter.

Scoring goals for fun. Set up a corner routine that means Corluka has 15 goals so far this season and Collocini has 11. Ba is currently on 22 goals and Cisse on 19, with Sanogo chipping in with 10 as well.

Yeah, that is the only thing my team was missing. I have never spent that much on one player but I just thought why not. £30 Million over 48 months too :lol:

Aaand I was rewarded with him scoring 2 on his debut! Now my first XI looks like:

Krul

Debuchy/Corchia - Phil Jones - Corluka - Santon

--- Tiote - Dzagoev ---

Rochina -------- Kadlec

-----Sanogo - Cavani -----

Still have the likes of Ba/Cisse/Cabaye/Ben Arfa as cover/rotation options.

Could do with a new CB and a few other decent covers, but going to start slowly shipping out the older guys to fund that.

Edited by Nyff

4-2-4. Won the league with it first season with no real improvements to the squad. Play Cabaye as Box-to-Box and Tiote as Deep-Lying Playmaker in the middle, Guttierez AML, Ben Arfa AMR when he is back, Ba up front as 'Complete Forward' and Cisse next to him as 'Target Man'.

Decided to start a new match- in the old one I was in 5th in the Hall of Fame World-wide. Just felt like a new challenge for now.

Starting with Napoli. Really utilized the monthly installments feature. Lots of ins/outs. Only 6 matches in but on 13 points in the league and tied Barcelona away in the Champions League :)

I've downloaded the iPhone version of FM 2012, and it's quite underwhelming. Has anyone else here played it?

It's basically just doing transfers and setting formation, lineup, and making substitutions. Can't even set whether you want to have a player play more offensively or defensively, which is annoying. Still, passes the time on the bus!

I've downloaded the iPhone version of FM 2012, and it's quite underwhelming. Has anyone else here played it?

It's basically just doing transfers and setting formation, lineup, and making substitutions. Can't even set whether you want to have a player play more offensively or defensively, which is annoying. Still, passes the time on the bus!

Just like the old CMs then?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• 3 weeks later...

I have....

3rd season with Napoli won League by 15+ and Cup, CL final but lost to Barca.

It's still fun, so whatever.

This new game has taken some weird twists. Without using Genie the game is a lot more fun/challenging. Having to use the actual scouting and not knowing potential is fun.

I always found that the scouts weren't right with potential ability. Lots of them rated the best potential players with 3 stars instead of 4

No, I used it in the past, not on this game. I've only used it on FM 2010 and 11...and only on a couple of games. I decided to stop using it becase I won 5 European Championships in a row one game and decided it was stupid to play that way. Then I started a few more games- including the Napoli one and I just felt it was still too easy. However, this game has gotten a lot more challenging around year 10- I've won the league most years but with the funding I've had it's expected.

But you are right- post by post that looks absolutely absurd.