Football Manager 2012

2bias

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's done them last few years barring last when the editor was crap, they're always interesting though, just make sure you load a.good few leagues with it and that you go right to the bottom of the English leagues or it'll crash

My Milan team have won the Serie A Elite in the last two seasons (3 seasons in) but my positions in the Gold League have been a disappointment 9th/10th so far just getting started on the thrid season of it

Pato is brilliant but he doesn't half get injured a lot

ghgff.png

I've had a gan, and this is the first try I've had, I thought can I do better than Steve Kean. It's too fuckin easy, and I'm normally shit, I'm going to win the league with Blackburn in my first season playing 5 4 1. Too easy, very disappointing.

ghgff.png

I've had a gan, and this is the first try I've had, I thought can I do better than Steve Kean. It's too fuckin easy, and I'm normally shit, I'm going to win the league with Blackburn in my first season playing 5 4 1. Too easy, very disappointing.

The first season is pretty easy, it's maintaining the success. I came 2nd with Newcastle, but since then I've found it much harder. The AI learns your style and you've got to adapt.

Finished my first season with Wigan.

I Started the season off with only two new faces in signings Lacina Traore and Sigurdsson. January time seen us in a good top half position but whilst the magic of the two new signings in attack were on fire an inconsistent Hugo Rodallega had only 18 months remaining on his contract so I took the best offer I could for him and shipped him off to Lyon for 7.5 million. David Goodwillie arrived from Blackburn to play alongside fellow Scots Gary Caldwell and James McArthur and also proved to be a great signing with a decent goals/assists return. January also seen the arrival of Danny Simpson for a bargain 400k.

Season1112.jpg

The end to the season seen my team finish 7th. Whilst the front 3 of Goodwillie, Traore and Sigurdsson has seen Wigan play some fantastic football the team concedes bucketloads so priority for season 2 will be to bring in a defender or two and possibly a back up or replacement keeper for Al-Habsi as I have decided against renewing Chris Kirklands contract. June will also see the arrival of Scott Brown on a bosman so its looking likely that one of David Jones or Ben Watson may have to move on also with James McCarthy and James McArthur first choice CMs alongside the solid Diame.

As you can see once again that man Lacina Traore has been a goal (and assists) machine for my team. Ending the season as joint top goal scorer and also player of the year.

LacinaTraore.jpg

TopScorers1112.jpg

Goodwillie_Season1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Finally gave this a chance on my new system. Started unemployed but took over Newcastle in November after Pardew had them in the relegation zone. He had not signed any one decent of note bar Barry on loan. I only added Kris Boyd as back up during the africa cup of nations. Cisse got called up but Ba did not. (he had been rubbish). However he decided to get sent off and miss three games anyway. lol

I basically sat in and around the relegation zone until the last six games which i won to give me a mid table finish.

Summer Transfers in:

Kyle Walker - 3.5 Million

Owen Hargreaves - Free transfer on a one year deal

Stuart Taylor - Free transfer to replace Harper

Sulley Muntari - Free transfer

Royston Drenthe - Free transfer (and likes to bang them in)

Adam Johnson - 4.8 Million as a deadline day deal which saw Jonas go to Wolves for 5 million

Out:

Jonas: as mentioned to Wolves for 5 Million

Peter Lovekrands - 675k FC NordsJaelland

Shola - loan 325k Southamton

Best - 650k loan Celtic

Xisco - 1.4 transfer Palermo

Mike Williamson - 1 Million to Leeds

2nd Season:

9 games in sitting 2nd. Hopeful of a top 7 place and some european action.

January transfer window will see the arrival of Tom Cleverley from Manchester United for 5 Million.

Just won my first trophy with NUFC in my second season, the Leage Cup. 1-0 vs Man C in the final. Peter Utaka scored the winner. He became signing of the year in my first season, scoring goals for fun. You can get him cheap from some Danish club. Doing so-so in the league though. I've recently signed Adam Johnson and Moussa Sow is coming in the summer.

What tactics do you use with the Toon?

I am into my second season with Newcastle, having guided Newcastle to 4th.

Signed Kolbein Sigporsson, Darwin Quintero, Davy Propper, Rhys Williams, Terry Antonis, and a couple of players for free, which I sold El-Hadji Diouf and going to sell Timmy Simons in my swcond season.

Signed Anelka on a free as well.

I am also playing as Notts County in another save, which I am fighting to save them from relegation.

Also doing a River Park story for another forum out of boredom. :lol:

I am into my second season with Newcastle, having guided Newcastle to 4th.

Signed Kolbein Sigporsson, Darwin Quintero, Davy Propper, Rhys Williams, Terry Antonis, and a couple of players for free, which I sold El-Hadji Diouf and going to sell Timmy Simons in my swcond season.

Signed Anelka on a free as well.

I am also playing as Notts County in another save, which I am fighting to save them from relegation.

Also doing a River Park story for another forum out of boredom. :lol:

What tactics do you use with NUFC?

Just got FM12 and want to know what the best way to get rid of Smith is. I've offered him round on a free but no one wants him -- will they a bit later? Should I just terminate his contract? Is he one of those glitches where he's actually quite good?

The game with the release date (or there abouts) patch I think think I sold him. Then with the second patch he wandered on a free at the end of the season. It's not as bad as previous games as it's only one season then he's gone. There's not really enough time to piss him off and get him to agree to a contract termination and usually the board won't agree to it either.

Having a canny game on it atm with Sheffield Wednesday, into the 4th season and it's my 2nd in the Prem after back to back promotions. Went with any free's and cheap players I could get to get me into the Premiership, best buy was Leigh Griffiths from Wolves for 150k led the Championship scoring chart and I finished 2nd behind Wolves. I've decided to make it a challenge and aimed to get an English squad (or as English as I can get it) and over 2 seasons in the prem have; Ben Amos, Kyle Naughton, Kyle Walker, Kieran Gibbs, Steve Caulker, Adam Johnson, Henri Lansbury, Danny Drinkwater, Jacob Mellis I've tried for Sturridge and Nathanial Chalobah numerous times but they've both no interest in joining and Wolves + Burnley beat me to Josh McEachran and Fabian Delph. Most the players cost about £2m a pop with Johnson being the most expensive at £4m.

Colequin from Arsenal, Yaya Sanogo, Deryk Boyata and Carlos Fierro are the main non English players that are going to be hard to replace especially as Sanogo was pricey costing £6m from Man City's reserves.

My biggest flaw with the game is the longer your game the easier it gets like Gibbs is a fantastic left back and they'd want a fair bit over £10m in the 1st season but by season 4 they were touting him for £3m, I just targeted the bigger clubs reservists and found players like Kyle Walker and Adam Johnson unhappy in their reserves. The other annoying bit about the game imo is how it overrates your manager, after winning League one and half a championship season I was being offered the Fulham job and now that I've finished 9th in the Premiership and won a league cup I have been offered Barca, Chelsea, Man utd, Man City, Arsenal etc bit over the top for a manager with 1 decent season of managing a Premiership team tbh, I reject them as it's a bit more of a challenge with Wednesday but I took the England job :lol: